Chapter 7

My Turn to Love You

my poster is awesome right? :))) credits to bluebelieve.♥


***
 
It was around past midnight when Sooyoung woke up. Feeling all weird as she adjusted her eyesight towards the only source of light on the side table. She rubbed her eyes and figured that there were still needles attached on her wrists, making her knit an eyebrow and carefully removed it.
 
"So I'm still at the hospital." She thought before struggling to sit up even though her back was aching, but never less, it was all bearable. Roaming her sight around, she hovered over a figure of a man on the couch which seemed to be sleeping with a blanket on. And on the other couch adjacent to it was a girl settled back as it seemed that she was sleeping as well. One thing that she's sure of, she doesn't know these people.
 
Sooyoung, who was still oblivious that she's on someone else's body, felt shivers run down her spine as her head abruptly hurt. She silently winced in pain before slowly fumbling off the bed and almost fell as soon as her bare feet landed the carpeted floor.
 
"Aish." She hissed as she limply stepped forward with the ends of her hospital gown falling down just under her knees. Her right leg brought a piercing pain with every step and it was obvious that she cracked it due to the car accident.
 
"That's right... I met an accident. Those people might be the ones who helped me." She pondered as she glanced at the two people asleep on the couches near the foot of her bed. Sighing, she thought of going out of the room and looked for a phone.
 
"I have to go home now."
 
It was all dimmed except for the low light coming from the lamp located on the side of the bed. And as Sooyoung took each step with caution, she heaved out a tiredlike sigh before grabbing on the metal knob, swinging the door opened right at that instant.
 
"Seems like nobody's around." She worriedly thought as she wandered around while leaning against the wall for support. The cold tiled floor touched her bare feet as her sight travelled around, looking for nurses. But once again, her head started to hurt after a few moments and that's when she decided to halt her tracks as she was feeling real dizziness.
 
"Apa.." She gasped inwardly as she touched her temples and pressed her fingers against them until the pain subsided. She thought that indeed, her injuries were that serious. A thick roll of bandage was apparently wrapped around her head as her back ached every now and then. On her arms were a few bruises and grazes, not to mention her leg which needs serious casting. She touched her face and was relieved that only a few scratches were on it.
 
All of a sudden, sounds of footsteps brought her back to reality as she turned towards the door, her eyes almost came out of their sockets as she recognized who the person was.
 
"Minhyukie."
 
Sooyoung's hope went up high as she watched the boy, who was more like a brother to her, walk out of the room with a frown on his face. She was just about a few meters away from him as Minhyuk stopped in front of the room firstly before starting to walk towards her direction.
 
"I wonder why is he here at this late." She thought as she didn't know what to feel nor what to do. Should she call for his attention or just wait for her to get noticed? Either way would do, and by that, a smile crept up of her face and her eyes suddenly glinted in gladness.
 
And indeed, Minhyuk noticed her. But she didn't expect that the boy wouldn't mind her. She's that of sure that their eyes met at that fraction of second but the boy just lowered his head slightly like she's a stranger, not even a bit surprised at her presence.
 
Sooyoung stiffened as soon as it seemed a cold whoosh of air touched her skin after Minhyuk walked passed her. She couldn't understand anything. Touching her face again, she knitted an eyebrow as she wondered why the hell didn't the boy recognize her? Her face didn't seem to have much injuries.
 
"Y...Yah!" She shouted, a little bit louder as she was certain that it was just her and Minhyuk on the hallway that time. Minhyuk glanced around upon hearing her voice. He was about to press the elevator button but stopped midway as he thought he heard someone calling out. And weirdly, he thought he heard Sooyoung.
 
Minhyuk saw nobody but the girl leaning against the wall just a few feet where he was. She was glaring back at him, which brought him shuddering as he thought he might be seeing a hospital ghost. After all, it's already past midnight. If not because of his mother who's nagging him to go home, he's actually preffering to spend the night on Sooyoung's room.
 
"Me?" He questioned the mysterious girl as he pointed to himself. There's apparently no one around apart from them two, and as the girl nodded, Minhyuk slowly approached her, contemplating to himself whether this pretty girl could be a ghost or not.
 
"What's happening to you?" The girl pouted as she smacked Minhyuk's head harshly. The latter widened his eyes in utmost puzzlement. Touching the spot where the girl had just yanked him, he threw her an inquisitive look before asking, "Do I know you?"
 
And now it's Sooyoung's turn to widen her eyes out. If the boy was playing joke to her, she swore she wouldn't let him see the sunrise tomorrow. But to her dismay, it seemed that those innocent eyes of the lad weren't one of those big jokes. Intensely, she felt her heart pounding heavily as the confusion on her face could be obviously painted.
 
"You... T..That's not a funny joke, Kang Minhyuk." Sooyoung stuttered before feeling her head throb again in pain, although this time, she kept the pain to herself and just concentrated on the boy in front of her.
 
"Aigoo. So, you know me?" Minhyuk said as he scratched the back of his head. "Were you a sunbae of mine at school? Or a fan of our band? I'm not really that type who remember faces." He chuckled.
 
"Y..You don't remember t..this face?" Sooyoung didn't know how to control her stuttering voice anymore. It was really making her flustered at every word Minhyuk was saying. She touched her cheek and almost had her eyes blurred.
 
 
"I'm not Seohyun.."
..
 
"What are you saying? It's you, Seohyun-ah. And I'm your best friend. Have you forgotten?.."
 
"Look, I don't know you. I'm not her and.. I need to go to my brother now."
 
"You don't have a brother, Seohyun."
..
 
"Nurse, Seo Joohyun had already woke up."
 
"Seohyun." She muttered in a soft whisper, remembering everything that happened just a few days ago when she first woke up. It was Cho Kyuhyun's face who first welcomed her sight and at that moment, he claimed that she's Seohyun, not Sooyoung. And that moment when Yonghwa and she exchanged glances... her brother didn't even approach her. How come?
 
Although it's not at all cleared to her just yet, Sooyoung breathed heavily as she stared at her own hands with her palms out. "These aren't mine."
 
"Are you okay?" Minhyuk peered as it seemed like the girl in front of him was not with him anymore. Rather, she was looking so shocked and scared, like some terrible thing had just happened. And taking note of those drops of tears spilling from her eyelids, he suddenly felt worried over her.
 
"Yah!" Minhyuk called out just as soon as the girl limply ran in so much haste farther away. He didn't bother following her, although when he turned back and approached the elevator box, he swore he felt something weird as if it's telling him to go looked for the girl. But never less, he brushed off the weird feeling away.
 
***
 
"Fany-ah! Wake up!" Kyuhyun flailed the younger girl in panic as the latter fluttered her eyes opened in laxation.
 
"Wae? What's wrong, Kyu?"
 
"Your cousin is missing!" Kyuhyun squeaked out as he straightened himself up and pointed to the empty bed.
"She's not on her bed! And her leg is still injured!"
 
"Where could she be?" Tiffany stood as she tried to appear more calm than the guy next to her. Glancing on her cousin's bed, she heaved out an encouraging sigh before heading towards the door. "She might be just around the floor. No need to worry too much, Kyuhyun."
 
The two of them walked along the hallways as they tried to find traces of Seohyun. A few nurses on duty were all alerted about the missing patient and helped on searching for her as well. But minutes passed by and still, they couldn't find her.
 
"Aish. Where the hell is she?" Kyuhyun grunted as he frustratingly held on his head. Tiffany hushed him down as they stopped walking for a bit. But the moment Tiffany heard something familiar coming from somewhere near them, she shooshed him off.
 
"D..Do you hear what I'm hearing, Kyu?" She asked, a little curiosity on her voice. Kyuhyun shrugged. "What do you mean?" Tiffany ignored him as she walked towards where the sound of sobbing was coming. She knew it was kind of familiar as it sounded like Seohyun's voice.
 
"Joohyun-ah.." Tiffany cooed as she entered the ladies' comfort room with Kyuhyun following her behind. The guy didn't even mind that he's actually trespassing because what mattered to him that moment was getting to Seohyun. He's frightened that something bad might happen to her again. And he couldn't afford to lose her after having almost to lose her at that car crash.
 
"Joohyun?" Tiffany gasped as she saw her cousin standing in front of the mirror with her face streaked with tears as her eyes were all red and puffy. She immediately ran to her as she placed an arm around the weak girl. "Yah. Why did you go out of bed at this late hour?"
 
"You got me worriedsick, Seohyun! Aish." Kyuhyun yelled as he shook his head at Seohyun. "What do I have to do to you?" He mumbled in a croak as he legged towards Seohyun, gently holding her hands which were weirdly shaking by themselves.
 
"Yah. Is something wrong, Joohyun?" Tiffany peered as she twitched an eyebrow at her cousin. Seohyun's eyes were still spilling tears as she sniffled like a scared child. She was mutely staring back at her own reflection, grazing at herself like there's something wrong at it.
 
"Who.. are you? Who am I?" Sooyoung whispered as she forced out the words from . Cho Kyuhyun was right at her side, while there's this other girl who calls her Joohyun, not Seohyun. But nonetheless, she knew to herself that she wasn't both. She's Choi Sooyoung... no other less.
 
"This might be a dream.. A nightmare, indeed." She once told herself. But as after numerous of times that she had slapped herself and pinched her face in extreme pain, she wouldn't just wake up.
 
It's impossible. She couldn't believe that she's actually on someone else's body... seeing not with her own eyes... her short hair was incredibly longer as it flew almost down to her waist.. her cheekbones were gone as her new cheeks were wide and puffy.. her voice had become so low.. her strature wasn't as tall..
 
"You really can't remember? I'm your cousin, Tiffany Hwang." Sooyoung felt Tiffany's hand squeezing her shoulders tighter as a friendly smile was on her face. "You're Seo Joohyun."
 
Crap. That was the last thing she wanted to hear. It was as if those words had proven that she's no less than a crazy girl. It just couldn't be! What was it? Some sort of magic that made her into whoever Seo Joohyun's body? That's just insane.
 
"Dr. Yang said it's just normal for her to have mild memory loss.." Kyuhyun interrupted as he talked to Tiffany. "It's just temporary and slowly, she would remember everything."
 
"But I remember well!" Sooyoung blurted as she rubbed her already swollen eyes. "I'm not Seo Joohyun! I'm-"
 
"Who? Sergeant Keroro? or Noda Megumi?" Kyuhyun cut her off with a chuckle. Tiffany laughed along but Sooyoung looked at Kyuhyun in extreme confusion. "Who are those people?"
 
"See, my best friend's memory hasn't yet returned. How could you not know about keroro?" Kyuhyun sneered as he received another puzzled glare from Sooyoung.
 
"Wait, we're bestfriends?" Sooyoung innocently fluttered her eyes. She thought that having a famous idol for a best friend might probably cause her trouble. Poor Seo Joohyun. She knew how wild those fangirls are, apparently.
 
"You're kidding me." Kyuhyun said before turning to Tiffany. "I'll carry this amnesia girl to her room, can you please open the door for us, noona?" He smirked.
 
Tiffany scowled. "Noona your face." She left to open the door widely as Kyuhyun held Sooyoung's back and legs, and in a matter of a second, lifted her up in the bridal way. "You'd gain a lot of weight."
 
Sooyoung blushed as her hands automatically held on Kyuhyun's neck for support. Her injured leg seemed to be numb by now as she stared back at Kyuhyun's face for a brief moment. She had to admit how handsome he was at that close.She even almost had forgotten about her identity problem, if that's what you call it.
 
And as if it had been a tiring night for her, Sooyoung found herself helplessly falling asleep as she leaned her head against the guy's warm chest.
 
"Sleep well, love." She heard him coo but didn't mind him nonetheless. The soothing touch of the guy apparently had sent her close to dreamland, where everything was in peace at somehow.
 
 
***
 
"She still hasn't wake up. Aish." Sunny pouted as she carressed the side of her friend's cheek. She apparently brought Sooyoung's all-time favourite frapuccino drink as she had that positive mindset that Sooyoung was going to wake up soon.
 
Sunny glanced at the only person in that room aside from her.
"Yonghwa oppa, you look so tired. Have you been eating and sleeping well?" She worriedly asked although even if she received a nod from the older guy, she doubted it was true.
 
Yonghwa was strumming the guitar as he hummed a melody with his lips pursed. Even if he hadn't slept that well in the past few weeks because of her sister, he still tried to be more optimistic about her. His band had been missing jam gigs at Joosarang bar and other else places.. All because of Sooyoung. He wasn't in the best shape to perform. He couldn't if Sooyoung's not with them.
 
And it had been three days since the day when he heard of Seo Joohyun waking up. He thought that indeed, his sister would wake up soon, considering the fact that her injuries were now all healed. Her fractured arm was now doing fine. It's just her conciousness that they'd been all waiting.
 
"I brought you some slices of cake, oppa. It's from our coffee shop." Sunny said as she held out a paper bag for Yonghwa. The guy thanked her as Sunny pumped her fist slightly. "Stay strong, oppa. Fighting."
 
When Sunny went out of the room after bidding goodbye, Tiffany was just about to knock on the door. Sunny scanned Tiffany from head to toe as she narrowed her eyes inquisitively. She was unarguably gorgeous.
 
"I think I already saw you somewhere." Sunny uttered as Tiffany flashed her a smile with her eyes twinkling as well. "Might be in some fashion magazines?"
 
Sunny gasped with her eyes widening. "OMO! Yes! Yes! I remember now! I saw your latest photos from Covergirl! Oh my gosh. I'm a fan!"
Tiffany chuckled shyly before peeking behind Sunny. "Anyway, Choi Sooyoung was the person confined inside, am I right?"
 
"You know Sooyoung?" Sunny instantly asked as she earned Tiffany quickly shaking her head while waving her hands in front of Sunny.
"Ani. We don't know each other." She paused before scratching her head and continuing, "The thing is, it was my cousin that she had crashed an accident with. And thankfully, my cousin is all doing fine right now, she's even on the way home now."
 
"So?" Sunny wondered as she felt her hand being taken with Tiffany's soft grasp. A charmed bracelet with beautiful emerald beads was laid on her palm as Tiffany had placed it for her.
 
"My cousin is worried over Choi Sooyoung. That charmed bracelet was from the temple on Mount Inha. And as it had been a miraculous charm on my cousin's life, she wants to share it to Sooyoung-sshi." Tiffany explained and after a while heaved out a sigh. "Can you please make her wear it?"
 
Sunny nodded, almost getting teary-eyed at Seohyun's concern for her friend.
"Arasseo. Leave everything to me. And please express my gratitude towards your cousin."
Tiffany nodded before bowing at Sunny and watched her gone inside the room again. She had no idea what's Seohyun's purpose on giving the charmed bracelet to Sooyoung. It was her gift to her cousin, and yet there's the bracelet, being worn by other else.
 
She still remembered her cousin's face, pleadingly asking for this favour which she gladly agreed on.
 
"Unni. Do you know someone named Choi Sooyoung? It's t..the girl that I met an accident with." Seohyun paused as Tiffany took note of the blank paper her cousin was firmly holding.
"What's about her?" She asked.
 
Seohyun gulped. "Kyuhyun told me that she still hasn't woke up."
 
"What do you want me to do, then?" Tiffany peered as she plopped a seat on the foot of Seohyun's bed. They were still at the hospital but the room was all fixed by now. It was apparently the day that Seohyun's finally going home to her apartment unit.
 
"Can you give this to her and make her wear it?" Seohyun's eyes were weary and uncertain as if something's bothering the cores of her mind. Tiffany snouted.
"Yah. That was my gift for your birthday."
 
"Omo. Is it? Where did you get it?" Seohyun was suddenly interested as she eagerly waited for Tiffany's answer.
"From Mount Inha. We went there once just last year when I first got here in Korea. Aigoo. Don't tell me you can't remember again?" She sighed, feeling rather tired of explaining everything to her cousin. Ever since the girl lost her memories, it had always been like everything has got to be explained.
 
"Sorry.." Seohyun breathed out before uttering in a mumble, "Don't worry, after less than a hundred days, everything will fall back to normal once again."
 
And before Tiffany could even respond as she felt rather mystified with her cousin's words, Kyuhyun barged into the room as he grinned back at the two.
 
"Yah. Stop with that face. It looks seriously creepy." Tiffany spat before taking the charmed bracelet from Seohyun's hold and standing up.
"I'm going to take care of this, Joohyun." Tiffany winked before turning to Kyuhyun. "Drive safely, dork. If you crash my cousin into another car accident, I swear I'll tell everything to aunt and uncle this time."
 
"Aigoo. Stop being a mean noona to me, seriously." Kyuhyun croaked in a mock, earning him a glare from Tiffany.
"Yah. How many times do I have to remind you that I'm six months younger than you are?"
 
Kyuhyun stuck his tongue out at Tiffany. "Whatever."
Turning to Seohyun, he held the girl's hand and pulled her up to a stand.
"Let's go."
 
"Unni. Don't forget about that, okay?" Seohyun reminded Tiffany as the latter assured her with a smile.
"Gomawo." Seohyun relievely chimed before leaving Tiffany and following behind Cho Kyuhyun.
 
***
 
Sooyoung sat on the front seat with Kyuhyun at her side as he was the one who's driving. She could easily tell how the guy was being so cautious and careful because if it was her driving, it wouldn't have been like this turtle speed of the car.
 
"What's that you're holding?" Kyuhyun asked as soon as the traffic light turned red, which made her cut off from her thoughts as she twiddled her fingers on the small piece of paper that she was holding. She was immediately about to put it to her pocket so as to prevent the guy from reading it, when suddenly, Kyuhyun snatched the thing away and peered at it.
 
Sooyoung tensed, worried about Kyuhyun's reaction upon having to read it. But as if accepting defeat, she just sighed out and rest back on her seat. "I told you, I'm not her."
 
"Blank paper?" Kyuhyun muttered as he was still looking at the paper. It was clean and white. Nothing was written on it. Sooyoung twitched a look as she scooted it off Kyuhyun this time.
"What do you mean 'blank'? C..Can't you read what's written?"
 
Kyuhyun shook his head before holding on the steer once again and concentrated on the road.
 
"It can't be." Sooyoung mumbled as she gazed at the paper as if lasering it with that look. It was still there... the clean cursive penmanship in a blue pen.
 
Choi Sooyoung's things to remember:
 
Yep. You're not crazy. You're really not Seo Joohyun.
 
1. It would just be for a hundred days.
2. Take care of Seo Joohyun's body.
3. IMPORTANT & URGENT.. Take the green charmed bracelet and wear it on Sooyoung's wrist.
 
That was it. It's the mere proof that she held on at that moment. She's not Seohyun or Joohyun. She's still Choi Sooyoung with her memory still as clear as it had always been. And therefore, she concluded that the one inside her still unconcious body was the real Seohyun. They just practically exchanged souls.
 
The first time she thought about all these, she seriously couldn't believe how her brain talks. Because everything seemed to be magic. It was as if she was indeed crazy. She doubts science would have a better explanation about everything.
 
Now that she was Seohyun, she's now a photograper who have a fashion model for a cousin and an idol celebrity for a best friend.
"How cool." She inwardly said before glancing at Kyuhyun beside her. For some reason, she had a feeling that the guy has special feelings for Seohyun. Based on how he looks at her, cares for her, and just that mere instinct of her-- she thought that Kyuhyun's probably in love with Seohyun.
 
And that would mean awkwardness to the extreme, really. But she had to stay as Seohyun for a period of hundred days just as the mystic scribbles on the paper told. She had to take care of Seohyun's body and give the charmed bracelet to her own body, Sooyoung's. And she already did the third one, asking the favor to Tiffany because she's afraid that once she sees her brother, she wouldn't help but to weep out and hug him tightly.
 
"Just ninety-seven days more, oppa. I'll be back." She thought, and just then, the car halted in front of a tall building. Kyuhyun patted her head as he leaned over to remove her seatbelt.
 
"You're home."
 

 
i honestly had a hard time with the narration. cas it's on third person's point of view and sooyoung is in seohyun's body. :| i hope it didn't confuse you ne?
 
Ohh YongSeo... they're going to end up together. but there's not going to be much of interaction among them just yet. so, yep. it's a limelight for kyuyoung and a little-est bit of yongseo. ♥
hope you like the chapter. Please leave a comment. ^.^ thank you for reading.