Chapter 2

My Turn to Love You

 

 
annyeong.
second chapter down there. 
please do comment after reading. ^^
oh and just to warn you, no kyuyoung moments yet. =3
It would be after the switch... which..will be on the next few chapters. =]

for now, it's still seokyu. :)))


 
***
 
"So... How was your date with Kyu?" Seohyun scrunched her face and threw her cousin an absurd look.
 
"Unni. Last night wasn't a date. Kyuhyun just treat me to a delicious dinner. It was my birthday, remember?" She explained as she plopped slumply on her couch and just carried on reading a really interesting book of her taste. Tiffany snickered as she shook her head and sat next to her cousin. Her smiling eyes were mocking and playful. "Kyuhyun likes you. Are you blind or what?"
 
"He's my best friend." Seohyun nonchalantly responded as she kept her eyes glued on one page of the book. Tiffany sighed as she just gave up on making her cousin see Kyuhyun's real feelings. They had come across this topic for who knows how many times already! And yet, Seohyun was always like that. And because of that, Tiffany officially declared her cousin as the ever so densest girl on earth! Not to mention that she's pretty innocent when it comes to love. True, Seohyun never had a boyfriend and never really had a serious crush.
"Seriously, she's lack of love." Tiffany heaved as she crossed her arms across her chest and just watched her cousin read her book.
 
"Joohyun-ah," Tiffany called, addressing her cousin by her true name. The latter glanced at her, her look was inquisitive.
 
"Have you already told Kyuhyun that you're leaving?" asked Tiffany. Seohyun nodded as she recalled how sad did Kyuhyun look after she told him about that.
 
"Kyunnie seems against it." Seohyun pouted as she closed the book she was reading and focused her eyes to her cousin this time. "He doesn't seem happy for me."
 
"Aish jinjja, paboya. Of course he doesn't want you to go!" Tiffany answered. Seohyun's eyes suddenly saddened as she thought about her best friend. True enough, they'd been together since kindergarten. And ever since, he'd always come everyday just to see her. Though not much nowadays because his schedule could probably be compared to Korea's president's. He was now a famous star. But still, when they're together, it was always the same. Not much changed.... Nothing at all. It's like, they're still those little kids who play hide-and-seek on every weekend. Except that she couldn't have him for the whole weekend now.
 
"Aigoo. I know he'll understand." Seohyun agreed with her thoughts as she inwardly heaved out a really deep sigh. Tiffany patted Seohyun's head as she tried on comforting her obviously down cousin. Seohyun pursed out a smile as she looked at Tiffany.
 
"He's already near into reaching his dream. It's about time I should reach for mine as well."
 
***
 
"Sooyoung Noona!! Annyeong!" A bubbly boy greeted as soon as he noticed Sooyoung. The girl just huffed as she firmly closed her eyes and put on her headphones, listening to a random song in her ipod.
 
"What's wrong with her?" He thought as he felt a bit hurt for getting ignored. Usually, Sooyoung would just pinch his cheek and give him a really painful choke after. But that day was different as the girl was looking rather annoyed. The boy was still staring dumbfoundedly at Sooyoung, not until when Yonghwa butted in the scene as he pulled the boy farther from his sister.
 
"Minhyukie, don't bother her. She's not in the mood." Yonghwa warned which earned him a twitched eyebrows from the lad. Minhyuk curiously peeked at Sooyoung who was comfortably resting her back on the fluffy couch as she quietly hummed to the music she was listening to.
 
"Weird. She's not eating anything." Minhyuk thought before turning back to Yonghwa. "Did something happen hyung?"
 
Yonghwa put both of his hands on his hips as he shrugged on his shoulders. "She lost something she treasures the most."
 
Minhyuk's eyes went wide as he processed all the information in. "Omo. Did noona...? In Japan...? Oh! Oh my freaking goodness! Who did 'that' to my noona?!!"
 
Yonghwa almost got choked as he heard the boy's whining. Obviously, he clearly misunderstood things. And yet, Yonghwa didn't expect that his lovely baby drummer would think of those disgusting things. "YAH! MINHYUK-AH! You got it all wrong!"
 
"Eh?" Minhyuk innocently looked at his hyung as he paused whining for a bit. Yonghwa shook his head and just patted the boy's head. "It's just a notebook."
 
"N..Notebook?" Minhyuk peered, confused. Yonghwa nodded before glancing at his sister on the living room. "Cheer your noona up, okay?" He told Minhyuk before prancing his way upstairs.
 
***
 
"You have a photoshoot this afternoon then a CF shooting after that. Lastly, you're going to have a guesting on Heechul-ssi's Youngstreet in the evening." Siwon informed his dongsaeng as he carried on fixing his already straightened tie. Kyuhyun groaned as he slumped back on his fluffy bed. He wasn't in the mood to do anything at that time. He just wanted to sleep the whole day. If possible, the whole next three months.
 
"YAH!" His brother shouted right at his ears. Kyuhyun squirmed into his blanket as he tried hard to ignore his manager.
 
"Kyuhyun-ah. You need to get up and prepare now." Siwon sternly told but just sighed upon receiving silence from the other.
 
"Can I have the day off?" Kyuhyun mumbled behind the sheets.Siwon was alarmed as he tilted the corners of his lips into an angry frown. Kyuhyun's day off means no money for him! And he just couldn't let that happen.
 
"You know you can't do that." He noted but Kyuhyun was sort of muted at the expected dejection from his brother.
 
Siwon put a finger on his chin as he thought of what to do to make the brat singer get up off the bed.
 
"Ah! Seo Joohyun!" He thought as he scooted his phone out off his pocket and quickly made a call.
 
Siwon grinned as he set the phone on loudspeaker which made Kyuhyun jolt upright the moment he heard the sweetest voice of his best friend.
 
"Ohh.. Arasseo, Oppa. I'll be there at 8. Ja!"
 
By that, the call ended with Siwon approaching Kyuhyun with a pat on the back. "Hyung, wh..what did just Seohyun say?"
 
Siwon grinned as he threw him a sly look. "It's going to be a date."
 
"B..Bwoya?" Kyuhyun unbelievably squeaked. Apparently, he was obviously fully-awaked by now but he couldn't still believe what his brother did. Really? He's letting him go on a date? Wasn't he always like, 'You can't go! The fans might see you!'?
 
Kyuhyun was already unconciously smiling when suddenly, he firmly clasped his lips together as he twitched an eyebrow.
 
"HYUNG!!!" Kyuhyun yelled which made Siwon turn to him with a confused expression. "What?"
 
"You shouldn't have done that." Kyuhyun muttered as he sighed while twiddling his fingers on the edge of his comforter blanket. Siwon was flustered for a moment. He didn't understand his brother. Was he wrong when he thought that Kyuhyun likes the girl? No. Definitely not.
 
"I should get used to her being away." Kyuhyun heaved as he got up off his bed and headed to his bathroom, leaving Siwon very much intrigued with his brother's weird behaviour that morning.
 
***
 
Sooyoung strolled on the park as she took slow steps ahead. She was still upset that she lost her ever-so-precious journal notebook.
 
"Even the pen!" She inwardly grunted as she stopped on his tracks and frowned deeply. "Changmin oppa gave that to me." She frowned even more as she pictured the simple pen which apparently was given by her all-time actor crush. Sooyoung just sighed for who knows how many times already as she turned her heels down the riverbank. She plopped sloppily on the grass and laid there to comfort her mind.
 
She was that of sure that she left the precious journal note when she was already inside the airplane. "I placed it on my side.. right. side..."
 
She suddenly jerked upright upon realising one thing. "T..That guy! My creepy seatmate!"
 
"NOONAAAAA!!" Someone called out loud which caught her attention in an instant.
 
Sooyoung's sight went pitch black as she felt a pair of hands covering her eyes from behind. Too bad, she knew who it was. "Minhyuk-ah!"
 
Minhyuk was flustered as he kept his hands on his noona. "Omo. How did you know that it's me? No fun at all." He heaved, disappointed.
 
"Apparently dear, you're the only one who calls me Noona so annoyingly." Sooyoung snickered before firmly holding the boy's wrists as she carried on wrestling him around with a final choke on the neck for the finishing move.
 
"I give up! Yaaah!" Minhyuk yelled and just as soon, Sooyoung released him. "Noona is such a monster." He thought as he felt his pounding chest and caught on his fast pulse.
 
"Is your practice over? Did Yonghwa oppa send you to fetch me home?" Sooyoung guessed, but the younger lad shook his head. "Jungshin and Jonghyun hyung didn't come. So Yonghwa hyung cancelled the practice for today."
 
"Ohh.. Is that so?" Sooyoung muttered before resting her back on the soft grass ground. Minhyuk laid beside her as he stared at her face. He wasn't sure how to cheer her up now since he supposed that she might be already fine now. But still, her eyes were gloomy and it was unlike her usual happy aura.
 
"Noona, I bought you something." He said, making Sooyoung beam at him. "Food! I want food!"
 
Minhyuk raised an eyebrow as he observed how the girl's mood had been totally turned in a 180 degrees turn when talking about food. "You're a food addict. That's unhealthy." He told her but Sooyoung just snouted as she crossed her arms across her chest. "Pssh. I'm never going fat."
 
"It's more precious than food!" Minhyuk claimed as he heightened up his voice. Sooyoung rolled her eyes as she was unconvinced that there's something else more precious than food. He must've been kidding her.
 
"TADAAA!" Minhyuk chanted out loud and Sooyoung could just glance back at the boy as he held a notebook out for her. Yes. A notebook.
 
"What's this for?" Sooyoung took the thing from him and flipped the blank pages. Minhyuk curiously peered at her reaction. "Aren't you happy that I gave you that?"
 
"What?" Sooyoung was lost as she thought that the boy beside her was at his weirdest state that time. "Me? Happy? Because of a notebook?"
 
Minhyuk attentively nodded which made Sooyoung snigger a laugh. "Gosh Minhyukie. We've known each other for years and yet, I have no idea that you still haven't really known me!" She cackled roughly and yet sarcastically.
 
"Eh?" Minhyuk inwardly mumbled with a really confused expression all over his face. "But hyung told me that you lost your notebook... th..that's why I bought you a new one."
 
Sooyoung paused for a moment as she took in what he just said.
"Really. Paboya." She yanked the boy's head with the notebook she was holding as she carried on laughing out loud on the very clever boy.
 
***
 
"Say cheese!" Seohyun flashed her camera as soon as Kyuhyun opened the door for her.
 
"Seohyun?" He mumbled after the after the radiant glow from her camera revealed that blooming face of her. His heart started to pump faster as all the blood came rushing up to the apples of his cheeks. Apparently, those were pretty usual everytime he sees her. And yeah, he kind of already gotten used to that feeling.
 
"What are you doing here?" Kyuhyun asked after which earned him a dangerous pout from the girl. "Siwon oppa said you aren't feeling well. Are you sick?" She placed a palm on his rather cold forehead.
"Aigoo. I guess you're alright now." She chiped happily as she removed the touch from him which Kyuhyun was sort of weakened of.
 
True enough, he asked his brother to tell Seohyun about him not feeling good. He didn't want to see her. He was supposed to be mad at her right now because she's going to leave him for three flipping long months. Seriously, he got a little dizzy just by the thought of it. And yet, he wanted to survive. Which was prolly the reason why he was avoiding her. But all of those didn't change his feelings for her, nonetheless.
 
"Aren't you going to let me in?" Seohyun pried and in an instant, Kyuhyun swung the door wide open for her to come in.
 
Silence engulfed them both for the first few minutes. Kyuhyun was just not in the mood to talk while Seohyun, on the other hand, already brought up a few topics to conversed with him. She knew that there's something wrong with him, and heck. She didn't like it at all.
 
Seohyun drank her tea, her eyes never leaving her gloomy best friend. She was wondering what could be the reasons behind it. Usually, Kyuhyun would always talk about his problems. She would always be the first person to know about how much he's pressured to work, his schedule, his singing voice, whatsoever. But now that it seemed like something's bothering him and he wouldn't tell her, it left her restless too.
 
"Kyuhyunnie, what's wrong?" She asked out of nowhere. And she didn't expect her to be disappointed of him though. Apparently, Kyuhyun just shook his head and muttered, "Nothing."
 
"Yah. You evil kid. It's okay to tell me." She smiled as she stood up from the couch and approached her best friend.
"Kyu~ Oppa~" She used her best aegyo as she nudged the guy repeatedly.
 
"Aish." Kyuhyun inwardly hissed as she continued with the little skinship. "Smart girl. You're acting so cute , how could I ever resist you?"
 
Seohyun grinned at him before asking again, "So, will you tell me what's bugging you?"
 
Kyuhyun contemplated before relenting after. He rested back on the couch, so as Seohyun on his other side. He thought that it might be best if Seohyun knew about his problem. "I don't want you to leave." He started.
 
"What are you saying?" Seohyun stared at him in question as she tried to read what's running on his mind at that very moment. Kyuhyun breathed out as he averted his gaze from her. "I'm going to miss you that I might die."
 
Kyuhyun was serious. His voice proved it and yet, Seohyun was aware of that. "That doesn't sound like a joke, was it?" She let out a tittered laugh but nonetheless, Kyuhyun was still as blunt.
 
"It's only for a few months, Kyu. We've been together forever. Can't you let me go just this once?" Seohyun voiced out, almost pleading. She was so sure by now that Kyuhyun didn't want her to go. But she just couldn't give up on her dreams. Especially now that she's almost on her first step towards it.
 
"I don't know." Kyuhyun just mumbled as he didn't know what to say. He never wanted to be that person who's against his best friend's happiness. But still, he was worried. What if something bad happens to her once she gets there? She's alone and she's a girl. Yet, his biggest fear had always been Seohyun falling in love with someone else.
 
"Seohyun-ah.." He called with a very low voice. The girl tilted her head to face Kyuhyun as she waited for him to speak.
 
"I.. I'm going to let you leave." Seohyun was surprised as her dark brown orbs bulged from their sockets as soon as she heard him say those words.
"Jeongmal?"
 
"Just.. Promise me one thing." Kyuhyun pursed out a smile as he patted his best friend's head.
"Anything." Seohyun winked at Kyuhyun as then again, she waited for him to speak.
 
"Hmm. Wait. Change of mind. I want three things." Kyuhyun smirked.
"Mmkay." Seohyun said. Kyuhyun wrapped an arm around her as he hugged her sideways. Hugging her that close had always been a very fancy feeling.
 
"First, you must call me five times a day. Everyday."He said, making the girl pull away and looked at him as if he just said something absurd.
"Yah! That's too much. Once a day will do." Seohyun snorted. But Kyuhyun wouldn't give up that easily as he rolled his eyes at the girl.
"Arasseo! Ara! Twice a day, okay?" Seohyun cooed which made the guy agreed on it. "What's the second one?"
 
Staring at the girl beside him, he wanted to beg for her to stay. Never did he imagine himself without her. And the very first time he understood his special feelings for her back at high school, he swore to himself that he would never let her go away from him. She'd always been his. And sad to say, the girl wasn't aware of that. Seohyun patiently waited as she put her arms across her chest and stared peeringly at the guy who was looking like he's scheming tactics on starcraft.
 
"AISH! Let's quit this. I don't want you to go, really." Kyuhyun hollered irritably, making Seohyun gasp in panic. "Yah! Loser. You can't take it back!"
 
Kyuhyun sighed as he sulked in a moodly silence for a moment. "Seohyun-ah, just promise that you wouldn't fall in love while you're away, okay?" He managed to say those words in full sincerity, making the girl's heart weirdly skip a beat.