Chapter 18: Burning

S.P.I.E.S.

 

1AM. Team DeepAqua finds the 3rd bomb! The team is composed of Lee Seunggi, Goo Hara of KARA, Choi Daniel of DMTN and Sunny of SNSD. As one of the teams searching in the Han River, they found the bomb underneath of one of the main bridges of Seoul.

2:30AM. Team SkyFall composed of Baek Ji Young, G-Dragon of Big Bang, Hae Ri of Davichi and Jang Woo Young, finds the 4th bomb which was located on top of a building in Gangnam!

Back at the S.P.I.E.S. HQ, JYP was talking with the Director of the KCIA.

“But then, what if the Yakuza gets wind of this?” asks the Director.

“Well, they wouldn’t be able to do anything about it. All points of entry to Seoul are being closely guarded and, we have already checked the bombs, it’s not remote controlled or something but it has already been set.”

“At what time has it been set to?”

“11AM, local time but also, in Manila, 10AM, the time that the climate change conference being attended by the U.N. Sec-Gen. Ban Ki Moon starts.”

Then, JYP’s  secretary comes rushing inside JYP’s office!

“Sir! Great news! 2 more bombs have been found! Only 6 more to go!”

“Jinja?! That’s great then! Tell all our agents the good news and tell them to keep finding those 6 other bombs! Oh and send a bomb squad to retrieve those bombs!... Yeoboseyo? Director? Good news!”

“What is it?”

“2 more bombs have been recovered! 6 more to go!”

“That’s really great! My agents are on the move as well. Let’s hope for a successful search!”

“Nae!”

3AM would prove to be the luckiest hour of them all.

3:15 AM. The 5th  bomb is discovered by Team TerraDefense inside the National Museum of Korea! The team is composed of Max of TVXQ, Hyeri of Girl’s Day, Sunggyu of Infinite, Gayoon of 4Minute, CNU of B1A4 and Juniel.

3:30 AM. Team SilverSoul composed of Ali, Jr. Of JJ Project, Yewon of Jewelry and Zelo of B.A.P. found the 6th bomb underneath a bench inside the Seoul Forest.

3:45 AM.  The 7th bomb was found in a trash can inside the Chandeokgung Palace grounds! The team who found it was Team GoldHeart composed of Donghae of Super Junior, Dasom of Sistar, Jinwoon of 2AM and Nicole of KARA.

Then, by 4AM, the agents of the KCIA found the last three bombs all positioned around the Blue House.

JYP recalled all the teams into HQ and thanked them for their hard work. They were allowed to go back to their respective dorms to have good rest.

“You have to be back here by 10AM. It turns out all the bombs were set to the exact time that the climate change conference starts. Today, your country thanks you all for the hard work and perseverance that you have shown in the past few hours looking for those bombs. To the teams that found them, you’re all an inspiration to everyone here. Dismissed!”

“SIR, YES SIR!”

“Guys, see you later then!” shouts JB who was with Jr. already.

“Be careful in going home!” shouts Suzy.

“I need a beauty sleep!” shouts Ailee.

“Annyeong!” shouts Hongki.

“I’m so tired!” shouts IU.

“Yoseob! Let’s go!” shouts Gikwang.

“Nae!”

The two boys hurriedly went back to their dorm.

Once they got there, Doojoon, Dongwoon, Hyunseung and Junhyung were still asleep!

“Omo! How many hours have they been sleeping?!” says Yoseob.

“Hmm, but G.NA noona told me a while ago, before we left that they should only be asleep for a maximum of six hours!” says Gikwang.

“Well, it’s still early so I guess they woke up already a while ago. Let’s go to sleep as well.”

The two boys went to their beds and went to sleep.

An hour later, Doojoon wakes up.

“Oh! Gikwang and Yoseob are already here! That’s seriously one long talk with the president!  Oh well, I’m hungry, now for some early morning snacks!”

-INSERT-

G.NA wakes up and calls Ilhoon.

“Ilhoon-ssi! I just thought of something!”

“M-mwo?”

“The sleeping gas that we used on B2ST has some temporary amnesia gas as well! A little amount only though.”

“So, you’re saying that they might have forgotten that we sprayed them with that?”

“Nae!”

“Araseo. Well, I’m going back to sleep. I think you should too noona. Annyeong.”

“Annyeong!”

-END OF INSERT-

In the other 9 capitals, no bombs have been found yet.

Ban Ki-Moon and his party have arrived in Manila. The security in the airport was very tight. On their way to their hotel, he could see dozens of police cars around. When they arrived at the hotel, he was informed that there are 4 policemen and 4 CIA agents at every floor. (The venue of the conference was at the World Trade Centre)

“Tell the mayor of Manila to come here.” He said to his secretary.

Half an hour later, the mayor came.

“Have you been made aware of the bomb threat?”

“Yes.”

“If possible, could you prevent any civilian cars or civilians from passing near the venue of the conference? Although only a threat, I would really like to take all possible caution so as to prevent any civilian deaths in the event this threat is true.”

“I see sir. Alright, we would be re-routing traffic away from the conference venue.”

“Thank you.”

Back in Seoul...

JYP tells his secretary to contact the U.N. Sec.-Gen and his party so that he could tell them that the 10 bombs in Seoul have been found.

Minutes later...

“Sir, there’s something weird going on.”

“Mwo?”

“We’ve been trying to contact the U.N. Sec.-Gen. and his party but, there’s something or someone blocking us!”

“Where are they already?”

“According to the CIA, they are now in Manila.”

“Find who’s blocking us right now!”

“Right away sir!”

JYP then calls the Director of the KCIA and tells him about the discovery of the 10 bombs. He also tells him to tell the President about this because he’s currently busy with something. The Director says yes and puts the phone down. JYP goes to the Communication Room to oversee the call to Ban Ki-Moon.

6AM, becomes 7AM and then 8AM.

Gikwang was now the only B2ST member who still hasn’t woke up yet.

“Yah! Gikwang! We need to be back at HQ in an hour remember? Wake up!” whispers Yoseob to his sleeping friend.

Gikwang wakes up slowly and remembers what Yoseob just said!

“Aigoo! Wait! What are we going to tell them this time?” he asks.

“Let’s call JYP then!”

And so they did.

“Hmm... ah! I’ll tell your president to call your manager to call Doojoon to tell you guys that you and Yoseob are going to talk to the President again!”

“Then what will we tell them when they ask what are we talking about?”

“That’s up to you. Well, don’t be late later! JYP out!”

“That darn JYP... let’s wait for our manager’s call then.” says Yoseob.

They got out of the bedroom and went to eat breakfast with the others. Doojoon’s phone began to ring.

Yoseob whispers to Gikwang: “That was fast!”

“I know!”

“... Araseo. I’ll tell them. Nae!.. Yah! Gikwang! Yoseob! You’re going to the president again!”

“Jinja?! What time?”

“An hour from now.”

“Wait, what are you talking about anyway? “ asks Dongwoon.

“Well, about us...” says Yoseob.

“Us? Why?”

“Because, we’re one of the company’s biggest earners!” says Gikwang.

“Well, that is true...” says Hyunseung.

“This time can you guys come back early?” asks Junhyung.

Gikwang and Yoseob looks at each other and says: “Araseo!...”

It’s now 9 AM in Seoul and 8 AM in Manila.

The agents slowly go back to HQ. Team PassionateMind was one of the first to be complete.

“’I’m still sleepy.” says Hongki as he yawns.

“Me too.” says Suzy.

“My team mates aren’t here yet.” says Yoseob as he pouts.

“Don’t worry, they’ll be here soon.” says Gikwang.

Half an hour later, all teams have assembled back at the Assembly Hall. JYP arrives.

“It’s great that we have prevented a catastrophe here in Seoul by finding all 10 bombs but, as for the other 9 capital cities, I regret to inform you this but, they have failed to find even one bomb.”

“MWO?!”

“But then, their people are in danger!” shouts Siwon.

“I thought we warned them?” shouts Jay Park.

“Yes we did but, they don’t have an agency like ours who could deploy like 1000 or more agents in one place and look for bombs!”

“Well, he’s got a point.” says IU.

“What now?” asks Gikwang.

“We... we can’t do anything about it. I would really like to send like 9 teams to those capitals to help in the search but, you’ve all been exhausted already. 2 hours ago actually, I was in a video conference with the President, her Cabinet, the Director of the KCIA and, the heads of state of the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Russia, Israel, China, Japan and the Philippines and they understood my position. We’re a family here and, as your father, I want to protect you as well. I’m really proud of all of you.”

Everyone was silent after hearing what JYP said.

“Appa, aigoo! JYP! Can we really not do anything?” asked Yoseob.

“Mianhae modu... But, I did tell them how you guys searched so at least they have an idea where to go and what to do. They told me that all public places in their capitals are now closely guarded. We can only hope the best for them now.”

“This is just sad...” says Ailee.

“Now then, all of you return to your daily tasks. New teams, continue your training. When the alarm sounds, I want everyone back here.”

Gikwang’s team decided to take a walk in the garden outside.

“I’m so nervous right now.” says Suzy.

“I know what you mean.” says JB.

“Let’s just hope the governments of those countries did all their best in keeping their people safe.” says Gikwang.

Life goes on in Seoul...

The time now is 10:50 AM in Seoul while it’s 9:50 AM in Manila.

10 minutes until the start of the conference.

Ban Ki-Moon and his party have now arrived at the venue of the conference. He is happy to see that the Mayor followed his instructions.

9:51 AM.

“Sir, let’s go inside. The delegates are now waiting inside.” says his secretary.

“Yes, let’s go in.”

9:52AM.

They enter the venue amidst all the media reporting everything.

9:53 AM.

“Sir, can we ask you a few questions sir?” asks a British reporter.

9:54 AM.

“His Excellency will answer you all after the conference.” says one of his bodyguards.

9:55 AM.

“Everyone, please stand and give a round of applause for Mr. Ban Ki-Moon! The United Nation Secretary-General!” says President Aquino.

9: 57AM.

Everyone starts clapping as the leader himself goes towards the stage.

“Thank you Your Excellency.”

9:58 AM.

“As you all know, we are all gathered here to...”

9:59 AM.

Back at Seoul, everyone at the S.P.I.E.S. HQ was watching the event on T.V.

“It’s almost time.” says JYP to himself.

Team PassionateMind along with Team BrightFlash were in the canteen watching the event as well. Several other teams also came in.

“... talk about the dire condition of...”

10:00 AM.

At that exact moment, 90 bombs exploded instantly across the world from the U.S. to the Philippines! (remember? 10 bombs per capital city; since Seoul was saved, only 9 capitals remained)

In Washington D.C., 3of the bombs exploded in front of the White House itself!

4 bombs exploded in front of the Buckingham Palace!

4 bombs exploded around the Eiffel Tower in Paris!

Half of the bombs exploded in front of churches in Rome!

Panic and confusion ensued in Moscow’s Red Square as 3 bombs exploded there!

In Beijing’s Tiananmen Square, the dead and the injured were lying on the ground after 4 bombs exploded there!

Tokyo was shaken with fear and panic as 5 bombs rocks its Shinjuku district!

Manila, the 10th capital wasn’t spared.

In Binondo, the world’s oldest Chinatown, a lot of shops and building have been destroyed as 3 bombs exploded there! 2 more exploded in front of the Malacanang Palace, the official residence of the President! 2 bombs exploded in front of the Department of Foreign Affairs, 1 exploded at the back of the National Museum, 1 at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport and the last bomb exploded in front of the Cultural Center of the Philippines, which was very near the venue!

The sound of the explosions stopped the conference in its tracks!

In Seoul, everyone was watching the horror unfolding throughout the world!

The alarm goes on inside the S.P.I.E.S. HQ and everyone gathers at the Assembly Hall where a live feed of the 9 capitals is being shown.

“Just pure horror today at Washington D.C.! We have no word yet as to where the President is...”

“4 bombs exploded in front of Buckingham Palace today shattering all the nearby windows! We do not know yet the current death toll but as you can see, the injured litters the ground! Fortunately, the Royal Family is currently at...”

“The 4 bombs that exploded around the Eiffel Tower have at least, for now killed 20 people and for a moment shook the tower itself!”

Somewhere in the world...

“THE FIRST PHASE OF OUR PLAN IS COMPELETE! PHASE TWO IS NEXT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”