Chapter 13: Monster

S.P.I.E.S.

 

Around 1AM, Team LightningOffense and 4 tactical teams (the ones with prisoners) have arrived back at the base.

“Dong Wan, we also have in our custody the Mafia’s leader.” says Jay Park.

“Jinja?! Good then! Team PassionateMind and Team GodSpeed also captured his secretary. We’ll begin interrogating them once the secretary wakes up from his unconscious state. Send him to the cell now.”

“Got it.”

Dong Wang then wakes up the two sleeping teams and tells them that Team LightningOffense has returned.

“Wait, did they get all the weapons and explosives inside the base?” asked IU.

“Ne. They’re securing it all now as we speak.”

“I see. So, are we going to interrogate the two already?” asked Gikwang.

“Not yet. The secretary has yet to wake up. I’m sorry to ask you all to wake up just to tell you that.” says Dong Wan.

“Aniyo its okay.” says Hyorin.

“Go back to sleep then.  I’ll wake you up all again once he wakes up. I have a feeling that he’ll wake up soon.”

“Oh wait, where’s Team LightningOffense?” asks Hongki.

“They’re bringing the Mafia leader and his men to the cells. I’ll ask them to rest first after they return.”

The two teams then go back to resting.

2 hours later, Dong Wan wakes them all up again to tell them that the secretary has woken up and it’s time for the interrogation. He have also called JYP and told him a live feed of the interrogation will be present for viewing in Seoul once it starts.  The two teams and Dong Wan then proceed to a room adjacent to the interrogation room where a huge glass window is located so that they could watch the entire thing. Team LightningOffense was already there so the three teams greeted each other.

“I trust that none of you were hurt right?” asks Minkyung.

“Ne Eonnie, we’re all alright.” says Ailee.

“That’s good to hear then!” says Amber.

“Guys, they’re starting!” says Siwon as he points at the window.

Everyone then picks up a headset to listen to the interrogation which was being conducted by Dong Wan.

Dong Wan was seated in front of the three watching teams while the secretary who was trembling and his boss, the Mafia leader were sitting on the other side.

“What are your names?” asked Dong Wan.

“... A-Anto-tonio Ba-Battista Me-Mennotti...” answers the trembling secretary.

“Matteo Messina Denaro.” answers the Mafia leader rather calmly.

“Okay, what are your positions?”

“I- I’m hi-his se-secre-retary and he’s the leader of the Sou-southern Ma-Mafia...! Oops!”

Everyone was surprised when the secretary said “the Southern Mafia!”

“You bastard! Why did you tell him that?!” shouted Matteo!

“Wait! The Southern Mafia?! You mean there’s a...”

“Si. There’s a Northern Mafia. And someone else is their leader.”

“And who is that may I ask?”

The leader only gave him a smile! So, Dong Wan instead looked at the trembling secretary and asked the same thing.

“... “

Dong Wan repeated his question to the two but, there wasn’t any answer. He was about to ask another question when the secretary shouted: “IT’S HIS BROTHER! GIOVANNI  MESSINA DENARO!”

Matteo quickly rose from his seat and tried to hit his secretary but was stopped by the guards who pulled him away.

“WHICH SIDE ARE YOU ON?!” he shouted!

The guards seated Matteo far from his secretary and then left.

“And are they also engaged in what you’re faction is doing?”

“Eh?”

“Let me rephrase my question. Are they also getting weapons and explosives from Al Qaeda?”

“How did you know that?!” shouted Matteo as he stands up.

“Si.” answers the secretary.

“So it’s true then!” says Dong Wan.

The Mafia leader quickly realized his mistake and sits down.

“Tell me what your plans are.”

“And why should I?”

Dong Wan stands up and proceeds to come closer to Matteo’s face.

“TELL ME WHAT YOUR PLANS ARE.”

The unrelenting leader still didn’t reply but instead, he spits on Dong Wan.

Dong Wan closes his eyes and steps away from Matteo. He grabs his handkerchief and wipes off the spit on his face. He asks the same thing again but there was still no reply. He faces the trembling secretary who was so scared that, he fainted once again!

“Aigoo! Not again!” exclaims Yoochun.

“Really pathetic.” mutters Matteo.


Then, JYP who, along with the Board of Directors who were watching the entire thing from Seoul then tells Dong Wan to stop the interrogation and that it will be continued in Seoul. He also tells the three teams present to rest again and wait for the signal when they will rerun back to Seoul. The guards then come inside and bring back the secretary and his boss back to their cells. Dong Wan then steps outside of the interrogation room where he meets up with the three teams.

“Oppa, are you alright?” asks Suzy.

“Ne. Thanks for asking.”

“That was a side of you that we didn’t know!” exclaims Hongki.

He just smiles and tells them to rest again.

By 6AM, the 3 teams have been awakened by Dong Wan and they were all having their breakfast.

“So, are you coming with us back to Seoul?” asks Gikwang.

“Ne. We’re only here for one week you see.” answers Minho.

“Oh I do hope we get something out of them when we get back to Seoul! I’m very worried by what he said to us!” says Jessica.

“You’re right, a terrorist attack on the world’s major powers? That’s just outright horrible!” exclaims JB.

“Oh! By the way, who’s going to bring us back to Seoul?” asks Minkyung.

“K.Will. He’s on his way back here. Oh! Hear that? It’s him!” says Dong Wan.

Minutes later, they were joined by K.Will himself! Everyone told him what happened last night and was very happy that things turned out well. An hour later, the three teams were all at the runway, about to board the jet.

“Dong Wan-ssi, thank you so much for everything!” says Ailee.

“We couldn’t have found the Mafia’s base without your help!” says JB.

“Aigoo! That’s not true! I’m the one who should be saying that!”

“Well, wish us luck and keep in touch!” says Gikwang.

“Oh wait! What about the secretary and his boss?” asks IU.

“They’ve been brought inside the jet already. They’re inside the jet’s cell room.” says K.Will.

“There are cells inside as well?” asks Hongki.

“Why of course! Hahaha! Okay! Time to board everyone!”

Everyone says their goodbyes to Dong Wan who says goodbye as well but he remembers something!

“Yah! Gikwang! Where’s the taxi?!”

“Oh! We left it outside the Mafia’s base! ANNYEONG!”

“WHAT?! YAH! YAH!”

The jet’s door closes and after a few minutes, the jet prepares to take off.

“Everyone, this is your pilot, K.Will speaking. Please sit down and buckle up. We’re about to take off. It’s time to return to Seoul.”