Danger

Warmth

"Young-ie come on!" Shouted Mi-Do as she dashed out of the academy.

Mi-Do, Young, Soo-Jin, and Jung-Suk were on their way to town for the annual Summer's Eve Festival. Mi-Do was especially excited not only because she barely got to leave the academy but also because she couldn't stop thinking about her encounter with the gumiho and the festival would be a good way to distract her and give her mind a break. When they finally reached town they were greeted by a large group of people. It seemed as if everyone in town was outside, it was strange. Even though the festival attracted hundreds of people, there were too many people to assume they were out for the festival. 

As Young, Mi-Do, Soo-Jin, and Jung-Suk worked there way through the crowd they were shocked to see what was at the center. It was a man tied to a pole, and people were throwing stones at him. "We need to help him!" Mi-Do said to Young. "How should we do that? There's too many people. Let's talk to the general and see what he says first." Young said calmly. When Mi-Do looked back at the man, she was shocked because he was looking right at her. She quinted and moved closer and stopped right in her tracks, thats him. Their eyes met and it felt like an eternity had passed. Finally Mi-Do broke the eye contact by leaving. Young and their two friends saw and followed her out. Wol Ryung was hurt. When their eyes met he felt warmness. He didn't want her to see him getting hurt but then again he didn't want her to leave without saying anything. How could she just walk away like that he thought. This was the final straw, he couldn't take the physical and emotional pain, this is the weakest he's ever been. His mind couldn't take it nor could his body and his body finally gave up. As he passed out the crowed cheered, and the cheering is the last thing Wol Ryung heard before passing out.

 

"Mi-Do! Mi-Do! Mi-Do!" 

Mi-Do heard her friends calling her name, but she couldn't stop running. She had to do something to help the gumiho. She felt the adrenalin pumping through her veins, just like it was a few days ago. She needed to get help, they have to free him. She didn't stop running until she reached her father's office and before she entered Young grabbed her and pulled her aside. She was about to walk away until he began talking, "Mi-Do... If this is about freeing that man then don't bother.Truthfully that man isn't really man. He's a demon and is responsible for killing over a hundred people." Mi-Do was shocked. A demon? Why would a demon help her, but before she could convince Young to help her save the gumiho he had called over a few soldiers and had them "escourt" her to her room. "What's the meaning of this?"

One of the soldiers answered, "You're on lock down." She tried asking more questions but they wouldn'tt speak anymore.  She tried to get past them but they were too strong. I'm stuck here she thought. Human, gumiho, demon, whatever he is, he doesn't deserve this. I have to help him. Then it came to her, her million wan plan. "Excuse me, are you guys going to stand in here while I change my pajamas?" 

The guards looked at eachother confusedly. Then one said, "We'll be right outside your door, don't trying anything stupid, okay?" Mi-Do nodded her head and as soon as they were out she jumped out of her window. Before heading to town she grabbed a bowl of clean water and some herbal medicine and then quietly left before the gaurds noticed. Since it was around 2 am no one was outside. Once she finally was able to see the pole she was shocked to see Wol Ryung, his body looked limp. She hurriedly went over, trying not to spill the water. First, she checked to see if he had a pulse, he did, it was faint, but there. She ripped off a piece of cloth from her academy uniform, dipped it in the water and wiped off his face and then began applying some of the medicine. She was so focused that she didn't realize that Wol Ryung woke up and was staring right at her. When she was finally finished and was about to admire her work she finally saw that he was awake and jumped back. "Aigooo, you startled me," she said. "Anywho are you alright? We need to get you out of here!" she said before trying to take off the chains that bound him to the pole. "Just go." he said. Mi-Do was confused, "Why would you tell me to leave?" she said, and before Wol Ryung could answer she continued on, "Why? I can't just leave you to die!" Mi-Do was starting to tear up, and once Wol Ryung noticed his tone changed. Looking away, he replied, "If you take me, you'll become a criminal aswell. I don't want you to risk your life for me. Please just go." When he looked back at her, she was gone. Where did she go, he thought. Then he felt the chains get tighter and finally they fell to the ground. Mi-Do came from the other side of the pole and looked at him, smiling. 

All of a sudden Wol Ryung grabbed Mi-Do and spun her around. An arrow was shot, and he took it for her. When she realized what happened she drew out her sword as she watched a group of about twenty men emerge from the forest. Suddenly three people jumped down from a tree that was above Wol Ryung and Mi-Do, and stood in front of them with their swords out and ready to fight. "I thought you'd be here causing trouble." said one of the masked men.

 

A/N: I wanted to get another chapter in since it's been awhile, sorry it's short and sorry if there is any crappy spelling errors [too lazy to proof-read]. This story played out so well in my head, but it's so hard to put it in words. Haha. Bear with me, enjoy, suscribe!:D <3333