First Encounter

Warmth

*A/N: I decided to delete the first chapter because I had absolutely no idea where I was going with it haha. So here's a different one, hope you like it! .. Also it'd be nice if you left a comment telling me what you think.. Yeah? No? Maybe? No? Ok. Well, enjoy!:D <3333

 

"Abeoji!" yelled Mi-Do, as she hurriedly chased after her father. By time he finally stopped at the door of his office Mi-Do was out of breath. "Abeoji" she said once more. Despite his epitome of sternness, coldness, and strictness General Lee has quite the soft spot for his daughter. How could this girl be so much like her mother he thought. One day she'll understand me, and maybe even thank me. I must not give in. "Abeoji!" she yelled again, interrupting his thoughts. "Yes," he said slowly as he looked into her eyes, as if pleading her not to argue. "Abeoji, I can't go to that meeting. I'm not ready to get married!" she said quickly, as if expecting him to interrupt. "I'm not asking you to marry him, just meet the boy," "but-" Mi-Do interrupted. "But nothing!" her father said sternly. "There's a new hanbok waiting for you in your room so hurry and change. I hired people to you there, they're waiting on you, so you best get to it... Now!" he said, and before she could refuse he stepped into his office and shut the door.

Mi-Do stomped off to her room. Her room was on the other side of the training academy base that her and her father lived on, along with people who are training to become apart of the army or a spy. As she changed she couldn't help but curse at her father. "Why on Earth is he trying to get me married? AISHH!!!" she said to herself before stepping out. Just outside her door was a horse along with some soldiers who were taking her there. Among those soldiers was a soldier named Young. Young knew Mi-Do for about ten years and they're practically best friends. "Younggie!"shouted Mi-Do as she went to hug Young, but was intercepted by his finger pushing her head. Everytime she tried to hug him he'd stop her, but that never stopped her from trying. As she pushed his arm away she greeted him properly. "Annyeong! Sorry but I won't be escourting you today. I have a meeting with your father and the navy officer" he said. "Yah! You're going to leave me with these people? If I need to defend myself, how am I supposed to do it in this? I can't even take my sword!" she argued. "Calm down," said young, "These are the best men around, you'll be fine, okay? Hey, I have to go, I'll see you when you get back. Have fun with you hubby!" he said as he winked and walked away. "This is going to be a long day." said Mi-Do before she hopped up on the horse.

About halfway through the journey Mi-Do began seeing things between the trees  and a few times she thought she heard whispers. She quickly dismissed those thoughts thinking that they were maybe some random forest animal. As they got further down the trail the noises became louder and more distinct and before she could say anything an arrow was shot. The arrow hit the soldier leading her group. Everyone was stunned, and just looked at the leader on the ground and when they finally looked up they saw men emerging from the forest. The soldiers went to go fight them, but things began to quickly take a turn for the worst. After thinking and weighing out her few options, Mi-Do decided to make a run for it. As she was running she heard footsteps behind her, making her run faster as adrenelin pumped through her veins. Suddenly a man pulled on her dress, causing her to fall. She laid there on the ground, helplessly... Or so they thought. As one man approached her she kicked him and began to fight off the others. She was an exceptional fighter, she knew she could take them out, but she didn't know there was another man behind her. The next thing she knew was the she was on the ground. She could tell that she's been hit on the head thanks to the throbbing pain and blood running down her face and she slowly lost conciousness.

When she was woke up she was astonished that she had been tied up and blind-folded. She slowly got up and tried to walk, but was kicked back down. As she lay on the ground she remembered that at the academy one of the masters taught her a technique to be aware of your surroundings during a battle... Listening. She was then able to quickly calculate the number of men near her, there were about three. She then stood up and began to fight again, she couldn't use all of her strength though due to the unbearable pain she was in due to the blow to the head she took earlier. After sensing that they were all on the ground she ran again, but was once again reconnected with the ground after running into another group of men. She heard one of them draw out his sword. This is the end, she thought. But suddenly she heard a moan of pain from one man, and a scared sigh come out of all of the men. She heard them all pull out their sword and begin to run into the same direction. She heard a few rustling sounds, screams, moans, and sounds of someone being stabbed. Then it was silent. Mi-Do hated the silence. She was scared but she didn't want to appear to be. "Who's there!?" she shouted out in a brave, demanding tone. There was no reply, and she was once again surrounded by silence. She then heard footsteps coming near her. Now she was absolutely terrified. "Don't touch me!" she squeaked out.

Suddenly she was blinded by the light. When her eyes finally got used to it, she could see a man. Then she looked a little closer, this "man" had dark veins on his neck and pure evil in her eye. This man wasn't a man at all, but a gumiho. Suddenly she felt dizzy, the pain, fear, and shock altogether caused her to faint.

When she woke up she was in some kind of cave. But it wasn't exactly a cave, it was like a house. She looked around and saw an opening that showed a beautiful side to the forest that she never saw. There was a beautiful pond, beautiful flowers, and even the trees looked beautiful. The place was serene and calm. After a few minutes she decided to force herself up with all the strenght she could muster up. Once she was finally up, she remembered everything that occured the day before. Her injury...  and the fierce gumiho. She slid her fingers across the area where she was hit and was shocked that it was healed... It was as if nothing ever happened. She began to leave, but she caught a glimpse of something black in the corner. Her curiousity got the best of her and she walked over to see what it was. It was the gumhio, and he was looking right at her. She stumbled back once she realized he was awake and made a run for it. Once she was out of the cave-house she realized that the gumiho was injured and didn't look alright. She began to go back, but then she stopped. What if he kills me? She thought. But my life is his since he saved me. Aish. After a few minutes of consideration she decided to go back to check on the gumiho and was surprised to find him unconscious. She went back out, tore off her a piece of cloth from her hanbok, and went to clean his wounds. When she finally got to his face she could see that he looked like a normal human. The veins were gone and he looked at peace, and actuallly pretty handsome. As she went to wipe his face her wrist was suddenly grabbed. The gumiho had awakened and she tried to pull herself away. "What are you doing?" he said in a demonic voice. "I-I-I was just.. Um..  Cleaning your wounds" she said slowly. Next thing she knew the gumiho was on the other side of the cave-room, standing by the opening. "I'll you home now" he said. Mi-Do forgot he wasn't human and was sincerely concerened for him, "Aniyo!" she shouter. The gumiho was shocked. No one was ever stupid enough to yell at a gumiho. After noticing the silence Mi-Do realized what she did and quickly added, "You're injured. I'll go myself." "Come on" said the gumiho acting as if he heard nothing that she said. Through the first half of the journey Mi-Do nagged at the gumiho about how he's going to make his injuries worse. Mi-Do not paying attention accidently slid and fell. The gumiho asked her if she was alright, and after she said yes began walking again but stopped after hearing her groan from the pain. Without saying anything the gumiho carried her and continued on with the journey. They got back to the academy in no time and as soon as they were there he put her down without saying a word and began to walk away. Mi-Do quickly limped towards and grabbed his arm. The gumiho was shocked, but felt a since of warm-ness. A small part of him was hoping that she'd ask to see him again, but was crushed when she finally spoke. "I should pay you!" Mi-Do said. After the gumiho didn't reply she added, "You saved my life and you brought me home. I'm very grateful to you!" The gumiho didn't know what to say. Finally he decided to just say, "It's fine I don't need it." Mi-Do was about to refuse but she heard Young yelling her name and looked away, and when she looked back, the gumiho was gone. Mi-Do began to limp towards the forest to look for him, but was stopped by Young. She felt sad and felt like she had lost something, and Young asked her what was wrong. She looked up at him and was about to speak, but no words came out. And she decided to just say that she was fine, when deep down she knew she wasn't.