Chapter 4

The Wolves And The Beauty

JIYOUNG POV

 

*New Years Day*

“Bye Minyoung…. Take care. By yourself” I smirked as I watched her back fading into the dark as she walked deeper into the forest. Waiting by the stone, in the opening of the forest, the birds began to sing and howls were heard.

 

Without waiting any longer, I got up and walked away leisurely.

 

“Jiyoung… HELP!” I heard her voice as she called out. Shaking my head with a smile, I didn’t know she would call for me when she needed help.

 

 

“Oh you’re back” I heard umma’s voice and I began to pour out my tears. Fake of course. I do not even give a damn of that dying sister, but isn’t the maknae supposed to get the most love? I am the maknae, yet I do not respect that unnie. How despicable of me.

 

I sniffled as I wrapped my arms around umma, “Umma…” I sobbed which made appa turn his head with his eyes wide like saucers.

“Minyoung? Where is Minyoung?” Appa’s voice echoed inside my head. ‘Minyoung, always Minyoung. She is dead already, I hope’

 

“Last time I saw her was when she got hit by a car” I said in between the cry. Umma pushed me away to look at me; I had to make it somewhat unsuspicious.

 

“I pulled her to the side of the road after she got hit. I went to get help afterwards but when I went back, she was gone. I don’t know what to do” I covered my face as I cried louder, faking the hurt that is not within me.

 

Without any talk, both umma and appa grabbed my hand and dragged me out. “Where did you leave her? We need to find her now” Appa said, his eyes became red.

 

My heart ached and everything around me crashed down, didn’t they see that their youngest daughter is not feeling well. Their grip on my wrist was tight as I led them to the place I left her. The place where I left my dead sister.

 

“I pulled her here” I pointed on the spot where I looked at her disappear from my sight.

“Oh Minyoung” Umma broke down as she hugged appa. “Let’s go home” I pulled them with me. I didn’t like this place.

 

END OF POV

 

The sun rays hit the window, shining the house. Minyoung opened her eyes slowly to the new environment. She closed her eyes , “Morning” she stretched her arms and put on a smile until someone woke her up.

 

“Morning” a guy’s voice was heard and she opened her eyes. A guy appeared in front of her, he was giving a soft smile.

 

Minyoung stayed silent as she stared at the male in front, until it clicked to who he has. “Aren’t you the one with blonde hair, last night, and my cheeks?” she pointed at him and then his brown hair.

 

He nodded and gave another smile, she found herself opening up little bit to him. “I’m Minyoung” she didn’t know what she was doing but when he held her hand for a shake, the shell cracked open.

 

“I am Yixing and you can call me Lay”

 

A light appeared from the corner of her eyes and she looked down to where it came from. :ay covered his hand on her ankle which she injured from the previous night.

 

“Thanks” she said small and got up with the help of Lay. “I got to check on my pets” he said and waved his hand as he bid his temporary goodbye.

 

 

She walked around the area before someone tapped her shoulders. Minyoung turned around and saw someone few feet away from her.

 

“I’m sorry” she apologized and made way to the side so that he could go, but he just stared at her. The red headed fumed with anger and the way he was looking, was as if he was planning to murder her on the spot.

 

 

“Luhan, let’s go” the red headed turned around and stomped his way to the other who called him.

 

‘Luhan’ Minyoung said in her head as she watched him stomp like a grumpy old man. Suddenly, he stopped and turned around at her before making his way to the door. This time, he walked normally.

 

MINYOUNG POV

 

‘I don’t know what to do’ I pouted as I looked at the four walls until I got up and began touring the house. Suddenly, I froze as soon as I saw one of the troop members still in the room. I panicked.

 

Out of curiosity, I peeked in and saw his blonde hair and his legs were sticking out of the bed.

 

I watched Lay cook as he made my breakfast and lunch. I chuckled as I thought of our argument before he began cooking.

 

Flashback

“I’m hungry” I said with a pout and Lay shook his head with a small smile. “Let’s make something for you then” he said softly and my expression brightened.

“Really? You can show me the kitchen and I can make food for you all” I said and he objected the idea. “I can cook, you don’t trust me?” he stared back with a jpg face.

 

I walked towards the room which Lay said was the kitchen and looked around the place. “I’ll cook” I heard him say and I pouted again. “I want to cook” I smiled widely and he chuckled.

 

“You don’t know what’s inside the fridge and you also don’t know our appetite. You can cook  for us in the future” he pulled out a frying pan and I sighed inside.

 

 

End of flashback

 

“In the future? Does that mean that they will not eat me. Yet?” I could only hear my head repeat those words as I ate. My mind went blank and suddenly I heard Lay’s laugh which made me jump.

 

“Don’t think too much. The food is getting cold” I nodded and finished the food that was left on the plate.

 

Footsteps were heard and I saw a guy with a puppy face, he looked cute when he went to look for food in the fridge.

 

“Baekhyun-ah” I turned to see the deep voice’s owner and he looked back at me. “Our food is eating out food, I know. Chanyeol” the guy named Baekhyun mumbled as he chewed onto the vegetables with a disgusted face.

 

“Hi?” I tried to wave with a smile but it came off as an awkward one. “I’m Chanyeol” the tall one waved and sat next to Baekhyun who was still chewing on the vegetables.

 

I stared at them but they avoided it, I smiled small and looked away. I wanted to know them more since they don’t look, sound or act mean. From the guys I saw today, the guy named Luhan is the one who is a bit scary. I don’t know what he is thinking even though I don’t know how to read minds.

 

In the next moment, I found myself in the backyard by myself. “Hey stranger” I heard someone say but there wasn’t anyone. I shook my head and looked up at the sky, it looks like the same sky that I see at home. ‘Jiyoung, umma and appa must be looking at the same sky right now’

 

“You did not reply to me” suddenly a black smoke attacked the surrounding and a guy appeared next to me. A smirk as on his face and I smiled at him, friendily.

 

“Kai” he said and I introduced myself to him.

 

There was an awkward silence between us since he was staring at me as if there was something on my face.

 

“You are gorgeous, no wonder---- oh ” I turned to him and saw him walking backwards involuntarily until the black smoke attacked again and he disappeared. ‘Are my eyes playing with me?’

 

 The sky went dark, faster than the ‘normal’ sky and then I noticed that it was starting to rain. “Badluck” I said to myself as I ran to the back door where I got out. The house was warm and I saw someone cooking in the kitchen.

 

“La---“ my throat got clogged up when I realized that it wasn’t Lay. The guy inside looked at me with the biggest eyes I have ever seen. “I’m sorry” I bowed and he shook his head before diverting his attention back to his cooking.

 

When I was planning to help him, I heard him say: “it’s okay. I am about to finish”. I nodded and left with an invisible sulk. ‘Did he know what I was going to do?’

 

At the table, I looked at them; there was twelve. More than the number I thought of. Luhan sat across me and smiled with his pokerface.

“Let’s start” I heard a soft voice say and looked at him for a second. ‘I didn’t see him today. I haven’t seen most of them yet’

 

“Eat” Lay said and I looked down at my plate. I had steak. Medium rare cooked steak while the rest had raw meat or maybe it was a bit cooked?

 

 

“Thank you for the food” I said my thanks and Lay pointed at the one who cooked. “Thank D.O” I looked at D.O and bowed with a smile, “Thank you D.O for the food”.

 

He smiled and then I heard someone give out a sudden sigh.

 

It was Luhan, he walked away with his plate and I followed behind with the question in my head.

 

‘Why is he so angry?’

 

But I was not aware of what is heading toward me.