chapter oo2

The Fallen's Vengeance

chapter two; flash back

Image

»  She pulled her dress, tugging the cloth faster in the palm of her hands. “Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!” Her hand was too fragile pulling the dress. By then, she suddenly heard footsteps tapping the floor as it gets closer.

Faster! She told herself. Faster! Faster! Faster! The tracks crunching on the ground was getting louder and denser. She pulled her dress and finally, she got it out. As she turned around, the voice greeted her, “Hello, never knew someone got left behind. Shall I kill you? Or take you instead?”
 
Jessica stood still, glaring at the path in front of her. She shut her eyes and a tear cascaded on her cheek.
 
“Neither.”
 
She started running and when she finally reached the end of the tunnel she hit a set of stairs. She climbed upstairs grasping the excessive cloth of her dress. She hid behind the walls but the man wasn’t interested in catching her too fast. He wanted a game.
 
“Come out! Come out wherever you are!” He said underneath his mocking voice.
 
She held with her hands, her fingers trembling in fear, hoping for somebody to take her away. Another gunshot was casted then she heard the man’s voice grouching in pain.
 
“You’re safe now.”
 
That voice.
 
It was her dad’s.
 
“Dad!” She cried out, running towards him, embracing him tightly, not wanting to let go. “I’m so glad you’re here. Are you alright? Are you hurt? Come on! We need to go! But wait, where's mom?” Jessica started to look around and to pull her father’s hand as if begging him to move faster. She knows there was no time left but he refused to move.
 
His father's eyes softened, tears filled his eyes but he managed to tell her want he wanted to ask, “Where are your sisters?”
 
“They’re at the spaceship waiting for us but we have to find mom first.”
 
"She's gone."
 
Jessica shook her head, not wanting to hear her father's lies. Or atleast it has to be. "Dad you're lying!" She snapped. "You're lying! Let's go find mom." 
 
She tried to drag her father, using all her strength to make his feet walk on its own track. Unfortunately, he didn't want to move. "Dad, we need to find mom." Her cold eyes turned into something they never been. Her eyes were pleading. "Please, please, please... Let's find mom..."
 
“Honey listen to me, promise me, you will never forsake your sisters’ life.” Her father asked, his eyes glimmered in agony as their eyes met.
 
“What? Dad, we need to find mom, we need to escape the hell out of here."
 
Her father’s tears rolled on his cheeks as he pinned his daughter’s hair beneath her ears, “There's no way of finding your mom. Jessica, she's gone."
 
Her father told her repeatedly but in her mind, her father was uttering complete lies again and again and again.
 
"Okay..." She told him, calming herself down. "Granted that... that..." Jessica was stuttering but she tried to keep herself together, "That moms gone... But Dad, come with us..."
 
"I am your father but I am also the king. And as a king, I need to fulfil my duties and responsibilities. I need to protect our people.”
 
“But...” Jessica eyes softened, but no matter how hard it was, she uttered the words her father wanted her to say, “I will protect my sisters.”
 
She knew her father's duties. And as the eldest princess, she knew that she needed to protect her people. Nonetheless, she needs to protect her sisters.
 
Her eyes met her father’s gaze and added, “No matter what.”
 
Her father hugged her tightly, caressing her hair, “Jessica, I’m so proud of you.” Her emotions were drowning her out of sadness and bliss. Finally, she heard what she wanted from her father.
 
The man grabbed the gun from his belt and fired into her father’s side.
 
All of a sudden her father had hit the ground.
 
“No!” She cried out.
 
“Dad!”
 
Jessica dragged out the gun from her father’s hand and pulled the trigger aiming at the guy, tears flowed as she the bullet run across the man’s head. One thing for sure, he was dead.
 
“Dad! Dad! Dad!” She tapped her father’s chin as she checked her father’s pulse. It was getting weaker and weaker with just a split of second.
 
“E-escape...”
 
Jessica nodded, her tear drops on her father’s shirt. “We will dad. I promise. I will take care of them, don’t worry.” Her father flashed a smile. She planted a kiss on his cheeks and whispered, "I love you dad. Goodbye.”
 
Seohyun pulled her hand and opened her eyes. “D-dad... died?” She stuttered, she can’t believe that the only man she cared about died.
 
“Yes. And I made a promise. I will protect all of you. No matter what. Whether you like it or not, I will be here to protect all of you and do what’s best for all of us.”
 
She took a shuddery breath, taking a hard time to believe her sister. “I... I...” She took a heavy breath. “I didn’t have the chance to say thank you... and I’m sorry... or... I love you.”
 
Jessica leaned in closer and gave her a hug, patting her back, “I know he already know that,” her soothing voice somehow comforted her sister.
 
“We need to get our people back and restore our planet for dad... and mom.”
 
Jessica let go of her sister and take a few steps away, she sighed and uttered, “We could. But it won’t be that easy.”
 
“It won’t be easy? We have powers. We can make strategies. We can win this battle.”
 
“But we’re outnumbered this is exactly why we were defeated the last time.”
 
“No. We were defeated because they cheated. We didn’t even know someone wanted to take over us. And last time? The mythical five didn’t fight. They don’t know what we can do.” Seohyun stated.
 
“Don’t be so sure.”
 
“I’m not sure but I am confident.” Seohyun wore a stern face but her eyes were casting a fierce glare on her sister, her aura suddenly changed, Jessica felt that she truly wanted to get back on humans and teach them the best damn lesson.
 
“Besides,” Seohyun added, “We’re the strongest Cynes ever existed. Dad prohibited us from using our powers because it was too strong, remember?”
 
“It seems like you changed your mind. Now, you’re manipulating me.”
 
“No, I’m not. I’m just stating facts." Seohyun stated coldly, hatred can be felt underneath her voice. "I don’t usually give a damn for anything, but this is different, this is about our parents. And for formalities sake, yeah. It's for our damn people. We need to give them the best ing revenge ever.”
 
“Wanna join us?” Jessica gave her sister an evil grin; her eyes grew darker and more intense. “Defeating their ?”
 
“I would love to.”
 

Image

» author's ramblings:   So yeah, I made them sort of a badass and I will update the prologue later sorry for the long wait. I've been busy at school. studying. and quizzes were trying to kill me so... i needed to study. especially math .-. yeah... comment, subscribe and upvote ^^

» layout credit