chapter oo1

The Fallen's Vengeance

chapter one; the last one standing

Image

»  Jessica stared coldly at her sisters’ eyes, obtaining her strength, gathering all her might, not to spare a single tear in front of her sisters.

“You know why we’re here.” She states nonchalantly.
 
Her heartbeat bangs with the sound of the rain falling against the roof. She feels the adrenaline rushing through her veins, the anger, and the tiny hint of fear filling the rush of her blood through her body.
 
Their eyes meet.
 
“Do we really have to do this?” Seohyun asked. She knew right from the start that they had no choice but to bring back the stolen peacefulness of her planet but she hated this idea so much. Or atleast, she hated helping her sisters with what they want.
 
They need to bring back the lost people. They need to bring justice for the mighty citizens of Cygnome who fought for the freedom, righteousness, and harmony of the perfect world they always knew.
 
“You know we have to.” Krystal uttered.
 
“We don’t have a choice.” Jessica murmured, rolling her eyes. She hated the idea of the morbid revenge they were planning. She hates this not because she liked living her life not giving a damn for anything, but because she exactly knows they don’t stand a chance.
 
She knows because she saw.
 
 
 
 
Jessica’s eyes dilated upon witnessing her people fight for their rights. Seeing how their life was slowly taken away made her heart shatter into pieces. But most of all, she loathed watching her parents killed in front of her.
 
Pool of blood scattered across the floor as the merciless humans continued to kill her people while kidnapping the remaining. Humans were truly unstoppable. 
 
Anger urged herself to fight but her fury slowly vanished as she reminisced the promise she gave to her father, “Honey listen to me, promise me, you will never forsake your sisters’ life.” Her father pleaded, his eyes glimmered as their eyes met.
 
“What? Dad, we need to find mom, we need to escape the hell out of here."
 
Her father’s tears rolled on his cheeks as he pinned his daughter’s hair beneath her ears, “There's no way finding your mom. Jessica,
she's gone."
 
Her father told her repeatedly but in her mind, her father was uttering complete lies again and again and again.
 
"Okay..." She told him, calming herself down. "Granted that... that..." Jessica was stuttering but she tried to keep herself together, "That moms gone... But Dad, come with us..."
 
"I am your father but I am also the king. And as a king, I need to fulfil my duties and responsibilities. I need to protect our people.”
 
“But...” Jessica eyes softened, but no matter how hard it was, she uttered the words her father wanted her to say, “I will protect my sisters.”
 
Her eyes met her father’s gaze and added, “No matter what.”
 
Her father hugged her tightly, caressing her hair, “Jessica, I’m so proud of you.” Her emotions were drowning her out of sadness and bliss. Finally, she heard what she wanted from her father.
 
 
 
 
“I don’t want to do this.” Seohyun stood up from where she was seated and started walking out as she slammed the door. Jessica didn’t spare a blink of an eye as the door shut closed. Her eyes stayed cold, determined. An annoyed sigh took over the room as she started trying to regain her mood.
 
It’s not the first time to happen.
 
Among all of them, she’s the rebellious yet peaceful one. She only does what she likes.
 
Yuri played with the strands of her hair, wearing a stern reaction, not wanting to intrude what’s happening inside the room. She never wanted to join the clash of her siblings.
 
“So, we need to fight, don’t we?” Yuri asked.
 
“Yeah.” Yoona whispered, sighing in disappointment. For her, vengeance was too much. But this is not just about the hatred their feeling. It’s about justice.
 
It’s about their family.
 
Yuri darted her eyes to Yoona and murmured, “Oh, okay.” 
 
Jessica stared at the ceiling then back to her sisters, “I hate to do this to all of you. I hope you’ll understand. I don’t want to be bossy or anything, but I need you to keep your heads on our goal. We need to protect ourselves. We need to find our people.”
 
 
 
 
Jessica stepped out of the room and started to walk to Seohyun’s room. She hesitantly knocked on her room and said, “We need to talk.”
 
“No. We don’t.”
 
“I know what I’m asking for is too much.” Jessica stated. “This is not for me. This is for dad.”
 
She suddenly heard something dropped from the inside of the room. On the other hand, Seohyun’s hands were trembling. Her father was the only one who knows how to tame all of them. She barely even notice that her hands dropped the cup she was holding.
 
“What about him?” She asked.
 
“Let me in,” Jessica uttered. Seohyun didn’t have a choice but to open her door. Her sister glared at her and muttered, “Close your eyes.”
 
What?
 
“Just close your eyes.” She ordered, as she gripped her sister’s hand and closed her eyes. Her heart was once again banging like a drumroll.
 
Seohyun, closed her eyes then Jessica showed her what happened, initiating the connection between them. It was an ordinary day for everyone, a day to enhance and develop their home planet Cygnome. Mysteries covered their entire society.
 
They never knew where they came from. 
 
No matter how intelligent they were, they can never outsmart their diversity. 
 
All in all, there were only one hundred twenty four citizens existing at their home planet. Names were never repeated, it was one of their most absolute law. Names defined their identity, that’s how important it is.
 
Their whole planet almost obtained perfection that a day isn’t different from the other. The only change on each day is the weather and the number itself.
 
A light glimmered from the skies which captured the attention of everyone. Cynes started to look up and lose their consciousness then next thing they knew; there was a huge explosion happening in front of them.
 
They had nothing to do but to run.
 
Some tripped, some died... Others? They were trying so hard fighting for their lives. It was the survival of the fittest. Cynes had brought out laser guns which can zap a human with one bat of an eyelash nevertheless; humans defeated the citizens of Cygnome.
 
They were outnumbered.
 
Humans bombarded the whole planet and took the living nonetheless, the mythical five hid. They were lurking underground, trying to keep themselves. Jessica gritted her teeth, keeping herself calm as her fists clenched tighter.
 
Krystal covered her hears hearing the loud cries of her people pleading for help. She wrapped her arms around her feet tightly as if her life depended on it. The world seemed to stop spinning.
 
Time stopped ticking.
 
“W- what will happen to us?” Yoona stammered trembling as she noticed her sisters’ tears relentlessly flow from their cheeks. Her eyes were flickering intensely with the stain of hatred.
 
“We’ll be fine.” Yuri assured her sister, as she tucked her in her arms.
 
“Are you sure?” She asked, her face was hopeful, as if begging for her sister’s assurance.
 
“Honestly, no.” Her sister snapped.
 
“Thanks. That would really make me feel better.”
 
 “Shhh...” Jessica hushed. “Wait, where’s Seohyun?” She softly spoken but their ears caught the meaning of what she said anyway.
 
“Library.”
 
“What? We’re in the middle of life and death. What the heck is she doing there?” Jessica snorted. She immediately glanced behind, her heart sinking as her banging heartbeat continued endlessly.
 
Everything stopped as they heard dense footsteps. They shot each other a quick glance. The oldest among the sisters silently whispered, “Run!” They started to pump their feet as fast as they hear gunshots behind them.
 
Yuri: Seriously guys, we need to escape.
Krystal: How?
Yuri: Duh? Spaceship?
Yoona: To where?
Yuri: I don’t know!
Jessica: No, we can’t! We must find Seohyun first!
Yuri: There’s no time!
Jessica: There is! All we have to do is to hurry! 
Krystal: But – 
Jessica: No buts! No one gets left behind!
 
Sweat dripped from across their foreheads, a bolt of adrenaline driven them faster, stronger, and most of all, it made them more determined to reach Seohyun.
 
“Here it is!” Krystal uttered, as she pointed her fingers at the library’s door. They turned the door knob and opened it hastily.
 
“Seohyun, we have to go.” Jessica demanded as she gestured towards the exit. Seohyun glanced at her sister’s figure and darted a cold glare.
 
Can’t you see? I’m reading.”
 
Jessica snarled, dragging her sister’s wrists out of the room. “Let me go!” She ordered pulling her wrists from its tight grip.
 
“We need to escape.”
 
“From what?”
 
Their conversation was interrupted as they heard a man’s voice begging for mercy, “Please! Stop! No!” It happened too fast. One shot, then another, and preferably, before the guy hits the ground, he was dead.
 
"From that."
 
Jessica rushed into the tunnel and others followed, dragging Seohyun behind. But her feet were heavy, panic was overtaking her. She kept her head turned, looking behind to see who it was. 
 
The darkness never showed who the killer was, but the only thing she saw was the gun. The silhouette of the man’s figure showed the gun he was holding.  The man raised his gun again.
 
Aiming one last blast against them.

Image

» author's ramblings:   Does it ? I'm sorry if it does. Thanks to all peeps who subscribed^^ I'm kinda waiting for the trailer, I'll be changing the foreword layout soon. To those who haven't subsribe yet, please do subscribe^^ mehehe. troll. XD Anyway, comments and upvotes are highly appreciated and of course, loved.
» layout credit