a

Im Your Wolf

 

It was like it was winter in the middle of summer when he stepped into the same room as me. No matter where he sat I felt his gaze on me. No, it wasn’t just a gaze. It was a stare. No matter how hard I tried to keep away from him, somehow we would always end up at the same place or in the same room, the same bus, the same store. It was like fate was playing a game with us. A very horrible and devious game. And I played it with the mysterious boy Lay.

Another day began and I already thought about all the different ways I could avoid him and his cold, almost deadly stare. I thought of different routs, different halls, different ways to and from school. I hoped that fate would give me a break from always running. My friends weren’t much help, though, either. They would always joke that he looked like he would want to eat me alive. It creeped me out honestly.

I arrived at school, safely, without a trace of him anywhere. I had a good feeling about today and decided to smile as I approached my friends. Smiling was a rare thing now, since I lived in fear as some of my friends would say. “Looks like the wolf isn’t around today.”Lisa said. “Maybe he’s sick.”Hani added, giggling. “Yeah, sick of pouting all the time probably.” Lisa joked and they both broke out into laughter. I smiled. Honestly I didn’t find the joke very amusing. Even though this guy gave me a hard time, I couldn’t help but feel, every so slightly, worried about him. What if he really was sick? Maybe he was very sick. Maybe no one was taking care of him. I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts about him, said bye to my friends and walked to my class. 

He wasn’t there the whole school day. I know I shouldn’t be worrying about him or even thinking of him, but I couldn’t help it. No matter what I thought about my mind wandered to him. Maybe I was always like this but never noticed? What if I was really had always been thinking of him and I had never realized it? Oh for goodness sakes, Diana, stop over thinking things! You’re just making things extreme. Oh and look, you almost missed your stop because of over thinking. Frustrated with myself I got out of the bus and started walking down the road. Wait. Where’s the music? I felt my pockets for my headphones but I couldn’t feel them anywhere. Must have left them on my desk this morning. 

I continued my way, but suddenly I noticed that there were footsteps following me. I subtly looked over my shoulder to see who it was, hoping it wasn’t some erted old man. To my horror it wasn’t some old erted man. It was the wolf. He was walking behind me and oh look, now the sun is going down. Why does school always have to end so late? This is just perfect. I continued to walk, but after a few steps I automatically quickened my pace slightly. Maybe I could out walk him. But after some meters, I heard that his pace had also quickened. Why is he here anyways? This isn’t where he lives. Not that I know that, he just gets on and off the bus before and after me, so this isn’t his block. I was actually getting quite pissed off at the thought of him following me. I was pissed that he always made me feel weird and threatened for no reason whatsoever. I had never done anything to him. Not even saying hi or sorry. Nothing. 

“What is your problem?!”I asked as I turned around to face him. My anger had won over my brain saying “Keep walking and ignore him.”I starred at him with anger. He only stood at the most three meters away from me, staring at me with something between curiousness, madness and lust. It scared me. To my advantage my anger still had the upper hand and none of my fear showed. At least that was what I thought. 

“I asked you a question!”I growled at him. I took a step forward and I knew I should have started sprinting down the road to my home, but that would have shown me as weak. Something I really wanted to avoid showing at that moment. “You shouldn’t frown like that. It ruins your face.” He said. I blinked. That was an odd thing to say in this sort of situation. He took another step forward and my fear finally reached out to make me take a step back. “Don’t be scared of me.” He said. His eyes had changed from something indescribably threatening to soft and worried. “I don’t mean you harm.”I didn’t believe him and he knew that. “Then why do you always stare at me like you want to eat me alive?” I asked him, hoping he’d at least answer this question. 

“I didn’t mean to.” He began as he took another step towards me. He was quite close now. Close enough for me to smell his scent in the light breeze. He came closer and now he was right in front of me just a hands length away. We had never been this close to each other, at least not this long as he would sometime pass by me in school, and I noticed he was quite tall. His stare changed again though. It wasn’t warm anymore. It was cold again. Cold and mad. Just as I wanted to take a step back, his arms locked around me. Unwillingly a short, high squeak escaped me from the surprise. “What do you want?” I whispered.