2009 - 1

Never Give Up

Youngjae POV

I am resting on the carpet besides my bed. I had just came back from the last day of first week in school. New year had started and holiday already ended. This whole week was like hell. I didn't get my old class and non of my gang were with me, except for Jongup who I asked to accompany me. He was the only one who the past marks were a bit low from others and a bit higher than me.

I still need to comfort myself in the new class with new friends and new teachers. I don't know why, but it was damn awkward! Everytime a teacher entered my class, he/she will asked, "Anybody dropped class from last year's?" I was like, ARGH! Why the hell you asked that? Since Jongup volunteerly raised up his hand and he will occasionally looked at besides him, that was me, I forcely raised my right hand, elbow on the desk and head hung low.

God, gratefully non of the teachers I know or they know me from my other siblings. I don't want to be known since I dropped class and I didn't tell my parents yet. But though, I know they already knew, since they had spies everywhere. Huh~ I am really not a kiddo anymore. So, the conclusion of this first week was I dropped class and sat besides Jongup.

---

"Jae-ah! Where're you?! Get ready for your tuition!"

Youngjae feels like tumbling down from his bed when he just about to climb it from the floor just now. 

'Oh my. Umma! Why you remembered me that ?' Youngjae thought. He think that if he just keep silent, her mother will let it be and leave him alone for good. But then, a beep invaded his room. 'A message?' Youngjae instantly take his phone from the bedside table and unlock the screen.

UMMA: You better get dressed, or ..

Youngjae sigh and type, "Or what?"

UMMA: I'll tell your father bout you dropping class

"He didn't know?" typed Youngjae and he whisper to himself, 'What's wrong with umma? Why appa didn't know yet? Ok, this is weird enough'

Another beep. Youngjae read the message, "Not until I tell him.." Youngjae burst into laugher that might destroyed his whole neighbourhood. "What the hell? Aish, whose umma is this? Like mother like son" He can't stop laughing. But though, he lazily sit straight and stretch a bit, He yawns a few time and make his way to the bathroom with clothes to change. Finish changing, Youngjae make his way out and texted his mother, "I'm done."

When Youngjae is just about to sit at his study table, a shout comes from 1st floor, "Get you down here! Eat your lunch."

"Aigoo umma, you really is something today," Youngjae pouted. 

Guess what? Youngjae really is his mother favourite son, but that is the way they had conversations. Through phone and cursing. They don't really got into into real conversation, like normal mother and son talk because Youngjae preferred to be in his room and accompanied by his precious laptop than real being.

As Youngjae walked downstairs, he just make his way to the dining room. Youngjae's umma was already there, waiting for him to be seat with her. She must has something to say to Youngjae when she asked him to eat early today. Youngjae had prepared himself, for the best.

"Sit," 'Wow mom, that's harsh,' thought Youngjae. But he just sat in front of his mother without much talk. Mrs Yoo already served Youngjae's food, so he start eating just then, but only in silence and accompanied by the sound of wind.

'Now, what the hell is she thinking?' Youngjae really can't stand the tension as he ate as fast as lightning.

"Urm, so how's school?"

'Urgh! You know, why asked?!' "Nothing's big, mom" Mrs Yoo just sigh. "Mom? Do you want to tell me something? Cuz I'm done eating," 'Jae oh Jae, enough being innocent you lil kid' Youngjae mentally slapped himself for talking like that to his umma. 

"Uh? No, nothing" Mrs Yoo looked at her watch awkwardly and say, "I think you can go now."

A little nod from Youngjae as he stands up and walk to her to kiss her cheek. After that, Youngjae head to the door, not noticing his umma following and instantly wears his shoes. 

"Jae"

"Ah! OMG MOM! When are you here?" Youngjae heave a strong exhale. "Yes mom? What do you want?"

"Don't you bring anything to class?"

"Oh? Hurm, yeah," Youngjae grin widely, showing his piercely white rows of teeth.

"Ah, sokay then. Take care ok? Don't come home too late"

Youngjae stands straightly and salute at her umma, "Roger mam!" He laughed at his own joke.

---

Youngjae POV

"Yo! Ssup?" Yongguk hyung greeted me. 

"Huh?" 

"Yah! Are you daydreaming? OMG Is this even my Jae?" Himchan grab my shoulders and shake me like crazy idiot he is. "Hey! What have you done to my friend?" Himchan shouted at my ear.

I grab his head and stare at his eyes, "Hyung! Don't make a scene! I'm fine"

"Yeah right," said Himchan lazily and sat besides me. 

I just hear their conversation and nods at every question directed to me. I'm really not in the mood for a mean time. This is all because of my umma's behaviour. She's weird these days. Hurm~

They keep on talking until a woman entered our class. "Ok students, settle down," she put all her things on the tutor's table and continue saying, "I'm Miss Sunhwa. I'm your History and Geography tutor for this year. So, let's start our first class......................"

So, Miss Sunhwa continues her rambles, but I noticed something in the class, that is unusual. I look around, why is the class in silent? My eyes went to every pairs of eyes in the room, and what I didn't expect to see is, they were glowing and each one of them is looking at only just one thing, at the front class, the one who still didn't shut it mouth from the past five minutes, our history and geography tutor. 

I wonder why. So I look at Miss Sunhwa again, but I didn't feel anything. Haha. Maybe she's just not my type right? She's pretty, has long hair and tall. Wow! That's just perfect right? Just not enough for me.

"Psst, hyung. Hyung?" I was back to reality but I'm blank about what happened on the real one. I turn to the side, and saw ZELO keep on nudging me.

'What?' I gestured with my head. 

"Miss Sunhwa is asking your name."

Uh? I raise my head and unexpectedly made an eye contact with her. Suddenly she become this one little red tomato. What's wrong with her? "Y-yes M-miss Sunhwa?"

After quite sometime, she didn't look into my eyes anymore and said, "I asked, what's your name, lil cute one?"

Wah! What did she just say? This is not going to end like last year right? Anyway, she's a tutor b, and I'm her student, it is a complete different story. "Ah! Yoo Youngjae. Call me Youngjae." I tried to smile sincerely, but she didn't seem to like it because she averted her eyes to the back of the class. 

"Ok, that was our last friend. So, as I-"

"Miss!" Out of the sudden, a boy at the back raised up his hand and cut what Miss Sunhwa is trying to talk. 

I saw she frown. "Yes? What now?" and her voice changed too.

"You left that boy, you didn't asked his name"

What? Just that? What is wrong with him? This teacher must not have interest on him, that's why she skipped. Poor boy, huh? 

"Oh, really?" Hear that now? Full of sarcasm, I bet she's tired already. "So, what's his name?"

"It's--"

"Opps!" The boy is shut when a hand cup his mouth. "Hey, no need to tell my name when I still have my own mouth"

"That bastard, he just think he's the king here. Oh puhleash" ZELO whispered to our gang at the most front seat of the room. 

I didn't hear what came afterward, but I bet Himchan is heating up right now. 

"So, nice to meet you then. May I proceed now?"

Eh? What's his name? Haha~ I don't even heard his name. Well, not that important anyways.

"So, as I said earlier, this first class is an evaluation test, to know what's your real level should be, so I'll pass the paper." She takes out a stack of paper from her bag and starts dirstribute the the paper. "Oh! Before I forget, since we have more students than we expected, the president want to add one more class, so who's goin' to volunteer? The class is on Tuesday. Anyone?"

Everyone seem to be in deep thought, not excluded me. Well, I maybe have this some sort of practices with my members, but, I can skip, didn't I? Without much hesitation, I raise my hand. When Miss Sunhwa look at it, she is so glad, I wonder what's wrong. Then, she come to me with a paper, to write my name on it. 

"Jae-ah, we have practices, don't you remember?" Yongguk hyung talked to me. 

I tried to finish writing my name and other informations needed, like IC number, cellphone number and school name before I turn to Yongguk hyung and try to tolerate with him. He's such a monster when he's angry, I just don't want him to be it at this time being.

"Now, you guys may start. We'll finish in one hour. Good luck!"

---

I thought, when it's test session, the class will be in silence like before too, but it was in complete opposite. Oh my, what's wrong with them? Then, this one certain accent invaded my head. Oh, that's the guy who thought he's the king, huh? Can he shut the hell up? I'm trying to answer this ing question! 

I look at Himchan, he seems noticed the voice, just as the others. I look at Miss Sunhwa too, and she kinda annoyed with the boy. I bet I don't know him, cuz he's unfamiliar, certainly not from school. Well, he's new here too, I think. 

"Hey hey! Look, this question asked what our country national day date. Omg ing stupid question!"

"Oh wait! This pic looked like you!" and he burst into laughter all alone.

Ok, this poor guy must have no friend huh? Such an attention seeker. God, please, I'm glad I'm not in this class anymore next week. 

"Miss Sunhwa! Miss Sunhwa! Can I go to the toilet? I need to pee" 

I raise my head and look at her, I saw her eyes begging him just to shut up, but she can't. That's a pity. She must be afraid of rude boys, isn't it? 

"Yah! You little ! Can you just shut the up?"