2008 - 12

Never Give Up

Youngjae POV

It is the starting of December, the end of the year which I am still enjoying my school holiday that will end few weeks from now. I am 15 years old next year, last year for middle school and will be taking a major big examination, the one will decide what course I will be taking the year after. But, being me, Youngjae, Yoo Youngjae, I do not mind so much about the exam since I will be attending school frequently, taking extra class everywhere and go to my umma's bestfriend tuition centre. The tuition class I will be taking is an annual thing, that I do not really take it serious about the examinations there. Every tutor knows me, and do am I. All students acknowledge me as the "senior". I just went with the flow, or else my umma will be mad at me. Well, judging from my sentence, I am umma's son. DON'T LAUGH. Who are not, right?

So, here I am, sitting on this brown fur-ish sofa, watching the television of I-really-do-not-care-what-show-it-is accompanied by my noonas, hyungs, umma and appa. Everyone is at home since it is actually weekend. Usually, my hyungs will go to town on day like this or lock themselves in their respective rooms, but I do not know why today they are in the middle of the house, I mean the living room. Maybe my appa needs their help or something? Yeah, how should I know?! Talk about my noonas, they usually will hang out with their boyfriends or friends anywhere, or maybe fangirling in front of the laptop because of their beloved idols. Huh, crazy girls. My umma will eventually on the phone with her organisation friends if she is at home. But today, everyone is acting strangely, not in a weird way, just not being so them, understand? 

"Ehem~," suddenly my umma sounded in the middle of a cormmecial break. Everyone eyes are now on her that are having her fist covering his mouth from the cough and eyes looking her lap. She slowly looks up as I thought maybe she felt uncomfortable being the centre of attention and raise her eyebrows. We all turn our body again to the television, when I hear them all huff in sync. I really wonder what is really going on? Why am I the only clueless here? Why am I not knowing anything? And most importantly, WHY AM I HERE? .

I saw my appa fidgeting from his single sofa at the end of the sofa set. I wait for him to speak, but no words were heard until the next commercial breaks, and until the show ends. When the producers name and others are shown on the screen together with a song, everyone headed to their own room, leaving me with my umma. The hell is this? I keep cursing in my head. Do not tell me all that awkwardness have anything to do with me. I did not do anything wrong, well as long as I can remember though. Why am I the target here? Should I stand up and go anywhere too? Hurm, I should not ask first.

"Jae," my umma breaks the silence. I just notice the television is now switched off. I also realised that I have been keeping my breath when now I can exhale. Hearing from my umma's tone, it does not showed that I have been making any trouble. 

"Yes, mom?" I actually do not know what to answer her. I saw her swallowing her saliva and hesitate of what she going to say next. I am like exploding from all the anticipation of what she will say after this. 

"Areyougoingtothetuitioncentrenextyear?" I blink several time to process what my umma just said. M-me, going to the tuition this ..what?! I feel like sinking in this fluffy cushion. 

My umma must has gone crazy. She never spend her time to ask about things like this with me. Did she dream that I hate tuition or something? "O-of course, mom. Why are you asking?" Haha~ It is not like I hate it, I just dislike meeting too much people and they will have crush on me. Huh~ I'M NOT KIDDING. 

"N-nothing," she smiles. I cannot help but smile towards her too. She stands up and grab her phone on the side table on our left and heads to the dining room, I guess.

I lean back on the sofa and put my head on top of it so that my eyes and head are looking at the ceiling. It is full of dusk. I suddenly remembered that my appa once asked me to clean it up but I am too busy with school projects that time. Hehe~ Appa, I am sorry. Well, my head is actually still thinking about my umma's question. Why did the situation like that, just now? Why umma ask me that? Why she hesitates? Why she said it too fast? For what? Why am I stuttering? DAMN. But, she stuttered too. I make a pout, thinking of all this. The biggest problem is, WHY AM I HAVE NON OF THE ANSWER? I am stressing my own life. Oh lord, help me.

Wait! Did she knew about my last examination result? I gasp. What the hell? No way. She must has tell me if she had known, right? I am her son anyways. I shrug. It is not a big deal too. I should spend my time thinking of other things too. I inhale, exhale, inhale and relax. By then, I heard footsteps coming from the fitness room. Let me tell you, there is this little park in front of our front door, our living room is in the centre, then the fitness room, my parents room and dining room plus the kitchen. So, guess who I guess that will be coming? Drum rolls, guys. MY APPA! I quickly stand up, in a slow way, that will not make anyone suspicious about it, and go to the stairs to make my way to my room. I step on the stairs the fast as I can and not making any sound then jump into my bed. I do not know why I do this, but I am screaming in the pillow. 

I sigh a breath of relief. That was tense. I really do not want to sit alone with my appa. I shivers with the thought I have. He is a total scary man everand the creepiest dad a child ever wanted. I sit straight, legs hanging down towards my bathroom. I examine the yellowish door designed with the already-gone stickers that I used to collect when I was still a kid, same with still in the kindergarden. My head is spinning because of this all chaotic scene of today's early morning. What a chaos day? I sigh again. I cautiously close my door and to my bed. I am laying on it, trying to forget all the stuff. 


"Psst, Jae. Do you hear me?"

Youngjae groaned and looked towards Himchan from his paper that was on his right. With his annoyed face, he said, "What, hyung?"

"Yah! Look there. The girl is grinning. Maybe to you?" Himchan nudged Youngjae after finish talking whispering towards his dongsaeng. 

Youngjae lazily turned his head towards the direction Himchan had said and being not surprised at all, there was this one little girl with pony tail, light purple short dress, but long enough because she is equally short as it was grinning widely that he can saw her gums and waving cutely, well, in a girly way towards him. Youngjae cannot stay looking at her too long as he must finish his History test. 

"Ok students. 5 minutes more. Please check your papers. Fill in your name, grades and answer all questions," the teacher said when Youngjae just circled his last answer. Youngjae was relieved he made it on time, or else his marks will be "0". Putting his pen down, Youngjae lean on his chair and turned his head to the left and to the right. He did it on purpose to look for the girl just now. His examination room is in the middle of the tuition centre named "Exam Room I" which was having two small classes on both sides of it. Youngjae was actually forgotten which side he looked at the junior a while ago. 

"Dude, looking for who?" Youngjae felt like having a heart attack with the sudden approached on him. Youngjae wanted to yell at the guy, but just ignored when looked at who did that to him, since they were close enough.

"What do you want, Guk hyung?" said Youngjae, his eyes still around the room.

"Me? What do I want?" Yongguk scoff.

"Jae hyung, she is helping her teacher. Wait up, she'll come back," a small giggle came after that. Youngjae was stunned. He looked in front of him, and there was it, standing five people, lining up like in a fansigning event, wanting Youngjae's signature. 

"Where the hell you guys came from?!" Youngjae blurted out. His eyes widen when he just noticed that there was even his tutor, Im Jaebum. "U-uh, what with that smirk on your face?" Youngjae struggles with his word. 

"Oppa! Annyeong~," Suddenly, the five pairs of eyes were not on Youngjae anymore, but on the owner of the voice. All of them gasp, except for Jongup who always slow ten minutes. 


Youngjae POV

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~ I had a nightmare. I am breathing heavily. My forehead sweating badly and my palms stick on the sheets. I stiffened when I remembered the dream just now. Urgh, worst nightmare. I take my pillow and hug it tight. I survey my surrounding and stop on the blinds. Aish, it was still in the morning. It was daydream after all. I toss the pillow away and make my way to the bathroom. I go to the sink and wash my face. I look at my watery face in the mirror, "Oh wow, I look great" but then, the memories came back. My spine felt like being hit that I was standing damn straight now. I shake my head, thinking the scene would go away, but na-ah, it will stay there, yesterday, today and forever. 

Clueless. That was the word describing me that day. This 12 years old kid happened to be Jun Hyosung had a crush on me, and everything after she greeted me went like a blur. My results were the worst this year. My image was ruined. My friends teased me so frequently after that. Though I only met the chick in tuition classes that were on weekends, my entire school knew about her having this big crush on me. I am so popular that day, as she was a hot stuff. The saying that I was lucky, and whatsoever is all wrong. I was the extremely disadvantage boy ever. 

And~ the story goes like that. I heard, ZELO had now be friend with here, but who cares?! The conclusion is, I want next year to be the best! I do not want to meet the girl, or having a secret admirer. I want my results to be okay again and make my parents, family, teachers and friends proud of me. 

End of the day, YYJAE

~~~

Annyeong! This's yoowifeu. I actually forget to untick the "Hide Chapter" ^^ So, here is the first chapter. I editted it, so minor typos gonna be found. Thanks for those who subscribes, comments, reads and saw this. Till next time~