Step 1: Rescue

One Last Trick

 

I remembered voices, from before I was taken.


“Get in...fu...c... now!”


But most of the sentences seemed to buzz out.


BAM!


I remembered gun shuts.


“NOW J...”

 

Every sentence was interrupted by a gunshot. By an explosion.





“JOON!”

I heard someone scream as my arm was yanked away. I faltered instep and reached to grab one of the branches from a tree. My arm was harshly tugged though and my fingertips just barely grazed the tree trunk. I gasped as my shoulder felt it was falling out of socket. My free arm quickly flew up to aid it. Cringing at the touch, I squeezed my eyes closed, and reached for my left pocket instead. As I dug my fingers into the hole I found it empty and my whole body went rigid.

“STOP!” I exclaimed. The mysterious man ahead of me had his face hidden behind the smoke from the gunshots and fires surrounding the land. He hadn’t stopped his journey though. I tugged on my arm, wincing only a bit when I felt pain travel through the veins. “ I-I dr-dropped something!”


I heard a grunt as I was thrown ahead of him. I let out an ear piercing scream as my head knocked itself into numerous objects and my shoulder officially felt misplaced. I sat up, taking a quick glance to find I was in car. My eyes widened as the door in front of me slammed closed. I tried to crawl forwards but my whole body only fell instead. The world seemed to become numb.


I could hear distant gunshots, breaking glass, profanities and last but not least, my name. I tried to raise my head. I wanted to see them, anyone. I had been so confused and the killer headache had not helped in the slightest. When I finally made my way up, to see enough out the window, I heard the car start. And just like that I missed the face calling for me so urgently. The world quickly faded to black afterwords. I still do not know if that was something to be thankful for.

When I had awoken it wasn’t from natural sunlight but a large bump in the road causing me to fall off the seats upon the floor of the car. I let out a small whine, and slowly pulled myself back up. My head’s pain had eased and I smiled softly, grateful. My right hand went to comb themselves through my brown hair when I felt something foreign. My eyes widened and I sat up straight, brushing away the incredible distress of my body. I focused my eyes on the rearview mirror, eyeing the bandage around my head. I poked the side of it and jumped.

“ .” I mumbled staring at my hand as if it was the cause of all the destruction of the world.


There was a slight chuckle from the front and my body straightened up, stiffening greatly. At that moment I noticed there were two men upfront. One had his hands on the wheel the other had his hands occupied with some device in his hand. The guy at the wheel was older, small amounts of facial hair adorned his face. The other was obviously younger with a more boyish charm. But appearances meant nothing, not to me anyways.


“ You okay there?” The younger asked reaching his hand out to me. I growled, clearly stiffened, and curled to the corner of the back seat.


I noticed he had a soft smile, but behind every smile was a story, and you can never know if it is one to be trusted. That was drilled into my brain, but I didn’t know by whom.

“ Hello?” He asked,  leaning his head into the backseat. My eyes narrowed, and I quickly reached for the first thing I spotted; A Magazine.

“Who the are you.” I asked. The boy’s eyes widened slightly at my response before he sighed.

“ I’m Cheondung or Thunder. Please call me Thunder.” He responded gently. “Next to me is G.O, real name unknown.” He winked. I cringed farther back into my seat.

 My attention moved towards the boy driving. “ Why am I here?”


“ We are trying to save you.” Thunder chirped. I tried not to smile, but it was hard.

“ Save me?” I asked softly, lowering my destructive weapon of coupons and boring, girly articles ( Why did they have these to begin with?).


He nodded, his eyes shining when he noticed the magazine drifting closer to the bottom. I looked down at my hands which clutched the magazine as if it was a life source. Save me? Me? I’m a monster. You don’t save a monster. Somehow those words, although said to only myself, in my own head, felt horrible. I had killed so many.

“ B-but... people should be saved from m-me.” I whispered my hands trembeling.

“ Why should they?” Thunder asked, raising an eyebrow.

“ I’m horrible. I-I kill.” I mumbled as flashbacks to when the effects of the pill would run dry and I’d be staring at the aftermath.


Where are those happy pills?

The boy raised his hand. Expecting skin-to-skin contact I ducked my head, breaking any eye contact. I heard a soft gasp before there was a ruffle on my head. I cringed. What did he want? Was he trying to trick me? Where are those ing happy pills?


“ That wasn’t you.” G.O said his voice just above a whisper. My ears perked up at the new, melodic sound.

“ I-I sh-shot the g-gun.”


“ It wasn’t your choice. They made you do it, you killed no one.” Thunder said. I looked up, my eyes b with tears. “ You were on drugs. Trust me. This is what we are saving you from.”

 “ I’m a monster.” I replied. The two of them both sighed before Thunder gave me a gentle smile and tapped my leg ( Causing me to flinch drastically. He did mutter a small apology though.)

“ You’ll understand soon.” He muttered.

The conversation ended at that. Five minutes passed and I felt myself dreading my existence. They were saving me though everyone else were the ones needed to be rescued. My fingers dug into my pocket looking for more pills. Thunder’s eye caught the motion, and he shook his head.

“ What you dropped were those pills right?”


I snapped my head up.


“ You’re not getting those anymore but you can have some aspirin for the pain.” He explained handing me two smaller pills with a water bottle.  “ Be careful.”


I stared at the pills for a few good moments before suddenly remembering how every part of my body was in despair. For all I knew those pills could have killed me and that thought did cross my mind. I guess I thought it wouldn’t have been so bad either way. So I took the pills.

After a while I started fidgeting. I wasn’t used to sitting in a car, well just sitting was practically foreign to me. I glanced out the window and spotted the most beautiful landscape ever. I got onto my knees and pressed my face against the window. The grass was perfectly cut and green. The trees seemed vibrant and there were animals everywhere. The air, you could see through it. SEE THROUGH IT!  Suddenly I felt the window falling and I jumped back. Wind was suddenly pressing itself against my face.

“ No matter how hard you try you won’t faze through the glass.” He announced. “You’ll be out there running around soon enough though.”

Crawling back to my original position, I pressed my face against the previous spot, only to find my head falling forward. I let out a yelp as I spotted cement moving from under me. I remember only ever riding in jeeps, the windows were always broken.


Suddenly there was a flash. I whirled my head around. Cheondung had a camera-thing in his hands. “ You looked so good! Even with all those bruises and scratches! Dude be a model when you get into the real world! PLEASE!” He exclaimed holding the camera out to me.

I stared at it for a few seconds before hesitantly clicking the ‘left’ button. It may be more advanced than the cameras at my previous camp site, but I still understood the basics. The next picture was of me again; It had been when I was sleeping in the back of the car. I raised an eyebrow at Thunder. He only shrugged. I clicked the arrow again. It was a picture of my camp site. I quickly skimmed through the rest of the pictures. Most of them were of my home. I cringed at the sight of the dead bodies rotting away. Those pictures I didn’t stay a second on. I was about to hand the camera back when I landed on a picture of a different boy. He had a wide smile baring his face and was posing with a cute peace sign next to his cheek. I clicked the left arrow once more, only to come onto a picture of him hanging upside down off some bars. I couldn’t help but let out a small smile.

Thunder must have noticed. “ What’s making you so giddy?” He squealed taking the camera. He chuckled and switched it off.

“That’s my bestfriend Mir. Isn’t he the cutest.”

After a moment I nodded.

“ You’ll meet him when we get back home. Trust me, you’ll love him!”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Hihi! My little giraffe-babies ^.^ (Don't question it.). How do you enjoy the first chapter? I know it's really bad but it gets the story going, I'm sorry xD Next chapter will be TONS of fun. I promise ( PINKY PROMISE!)

What do you think of Joon?
What do you think of Thunder? G.O?

Do you like Joon's Weapon of choice?

How will Joon survive without Happy Pills?

Better quesiton: How will Joon cope with the culture change?