Step 5: Good Job Joon

One Last Trick

Maybe it was the fact that Mir was constantly changing feet with his face twisted into worry, or maybe it was just the hot chocolate Thunder had attempted to make this morning but my stomach was telling me something wasn’t right.

 

G.O had dropped both Mir and I off, about a street, away from the school. Mir was sitting behind the driver seat, and so when he grabbed the door with his right hand instead of his left I knew he was contemplating leaving; That is when my stomach started twisting even worse than that morning.

 

When we left, Mir fiddled with his fingers, glancing around the schoolyard before even passing the gate. His eyes were wide, and his feet were dragging. It was freezing out, in my opinion, and yet his face was already showing signs of sweat. I slowed down my pace and walked next to him. Slowly, Mir bit his lip before taking a sharp left turn. I stumbled a bit as I attempted to follow him.

 

“ Mir?” I asked, trotting beside him; He had quickened his pace.

 

“ Yes?” His voice seemed normal as he replied.

“ I might be wrong but... aren’t we going the wrong way?”

 

Mir’s tripped slightly before he replied, “ No. We are going the right way. Shut up Joonie.”

At the order, I lowered my head and followed him, until we circled to the side of the school where I found another entrance to be. The school was seemingly huge from the outside, with brick exterior and marble arches. The doors, unlike the rest of the building, seemed to be modernized. Mir hastily, opened the door, almost crashing it into my face. I winced at his performance but none the less followed him. His shoulders then quickly fell though. He drew in a long, deep breath before rolling his shoulders.

“Sorry Joonie. There was just something I didn’t want to get involved in with the entrance doors.

I smiled, “ It’s fine Mir.” I wrapped an arm around his shoulder. “ You should bring me to the attendence office though.”

Mir chuckled and nodded. As we walked Mir lifted his hand to hold mine which was dangling off of his left shoulder. My smile brightened at the action.

We had turned right, when the most magnificant aroma floated towards me. I stopped and closed my eyes. I could hear an amused giggle come from Mir, but I just shrugged it off.

“ What is that?” I questioned when I opened my eyes.

“ The cooking classroom.”

“ Cooking classroom?”

“ Yea. This school allows you to take cooking as a course. If you get good enough in it, they’ll let you use it as freshman college credits. It’s really cool. I at cooking though.” Mir joked sticking his tongue out.

I made a shocked face before turning away and shrugging. “ This doesn’t shock me.”

“ HEY!” Mir yelled smacking my shoulder. I chuckled and turned around, jogging backwards.

“What? I was just agreeing with you.”

Mir rolled his eyes and pushed out his bottom lip. I crossed my eyes and raised an eyebrow. Taking it up a notch, he kicked invisible dust on the floor. Soft, high pitched vibrations reached my ear before I realized he was actually pouting. I laughed and hugged him tightly, stuffing his face into my chest. I could feel him smile before hugging me back. He then nuzzled himself closer, wrapping his arms tightly around me.

“You are such a softy, falling for that. It’s not even my best work.” Mir noted. I widened my eyes at him as he stepped away and brushed his shoulders.

“Wha~?”

 

“ Joking.” Mir giggled pinching my cheek harshly. I cringed and glared at him. “ Ooo~ scary!” He mimicked.

 

Shaking my head, I started walking to the cooking classroom. I could hear Mir’s light foot-taps echoing behind me. As I glance into the classroom, I was spell-bound. The classroom had six mini kitchens set up, with a huge white board up front. All walls not used for kitchen supplies were large windows. The floor seemed to be waxed just of late and just breathing in the same vicinity I felt myself contaminating perfection.

 

“Joon? Joonie!” Mir yelled. I jumped and turned around to take a glance at him.

 

“Yes?”

 

“ Is this something you want to do? Cooking? We can ask the office to fit it to your schedule, if you want.”

 

“ But... I can hardly read. How could I even cook?” I mumbled, half-hoping he wouldn’t hear me.

 

My other half seemed to be the winning side as I earned a smack from the back of my head. “ We need to work on that confidence  of yours! And you never know! For all we know is you could become one of the best chefs out there! On that note though... You would look pretty hot in a chef’s uniform.”

 

Not even a second after he finished his thought, had my face flushed crimson. My eyes doubled in size as I could see him actually envision the image. When his eyes landed on me again, he smiled gently.

 

“ Well you would.”

 

“Sh-shut up!” I whined, my face darkening it’s shade .

 

“ Why should I? It’s not my fault you have a great physique.” Mir continued, a knowing smirk growing on to his face.

 

“ MIREUUUUUU~~~~~”

 

“ What? Oh gosh, your face looks like it’s about to explode.” Mir announced, as he stumbled back in a

heap of laughter.  I was about to let out yet another wail of complaints when a couple of strangers turned the corner.

 

“MIR! We’ve been looking all over for you? Where are your bruises?” A man with red hair questioned as he

neared.

 

Mir’s face visibly darkened as he heard the voice. I tilted my head, curious at the relationship between the

two. “

“ Didn’t know you cared but they’re doing fine, N, thanks.” Mir barked back. N’s eyes narrowed as did the other three of his pack.

 

“ Oh, you know I don’t. I’m just curious on the amount of damage I’m allowed to install today.” N smirked. I widened my eyes and slid in front of Mir, holding my fists up.

 

“Don’t you dare hurt him.” I growled. N’s eyes quickly widened.

 

“You brought a bodyguard?” N asked, stepping closer.

 

“ He’s nobody.” Mir hissed, shoving Joon out of the way.

 

“ Oh really? Then why is he protecting you? Should we beat him up first?”

 

“ He’s not protecting me! He’s an idiot. Who would want an idiot as guard?” Mir snapped back, before quickly shooting apologetic eyes towards me. I shrugged and looked down.

 

“ An idiot? Oh, poor, poor thing.” Another man said, his hair was cut short to his face. I heard his steps focus towards me. “ Mir’s not that nice is he, sending insults your way and everything: We are going to beat him up for you okay?”

 

I shot my head up and punched the guy in the stomach. “ NO!”

 

“Hongbin!” A younger one exclaimed, running over to him.

 

“ Seems like he is protecting you Mir. Even after what you said.” N informed as he flicked some lint from his blazer.

 

“Joon, just go upstairs and find the office, I’ll meet you later.” Mir said.

 

“ And you even know each other! So pleasent!” N grinned, clasping his hands together.

 

N had lifted his arm, his fingers curling oh so slightly. I don’t remember what happened after that, except for N being on the floor, holding his head as if it would lessen the pain. I jumped up and flailed a bit stepping back. My hands shook and I glanced at Mir who also seemed to be in a state of shock:

 

I hadn’t done much apparently. I only tackled him to the ground and slammed his temple into the floor but the image in front of me had quickly implanted itself into my brain.

 

“Good job Joon. You’re not that weak.” Mir congratulated.

 

“Good job Joon! You’re not that weak after all.”

 

The words repeated in my head, but a different voice echoed them. The voice was horrifying. I felt myself cringing as Mir reached for my shoulder.

 

“Good job Joon! You’re not that weak after all.”

 

The memory of a man, a bullet through his chest quickly passed by. He was lying perfectly still in front of me, his head gashed into a rock. A man beside me was patting my back and placing a couple of what I remembered to be Happy Pills. I remembered grabbing them and quickly chugging them down. The memory of glancing at the gun in my hands was the last image to generate before a massive headache formed. Tears were streaming down my cheeks.

 

“Joon?”

 

“Good job Joon! You’re not that weak after all.”

 

“Joon, hey Joonie are you okay?”

 

“M-Mir?”

 

“Good job Joon! You’re not that weak after all.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Good job Joon!”

 

“Did I kill him?”

 

“You’re not that weak after all.”

 

“ No, of course not.”

 

Bullet shots rang through my ears.

 

“ Will I get in trouble?”

 

I noticed Mir’s eyes widen and he quickly shook his head. “ I’ll explain everything.”

 

My truck had driven over the body.

 

“ Do you hate me?"

 

“What?”

 

“Did that scare you?”

 

“No, Joonie. Never could. Here I’ll show you a little magic trick.” Mir whispered softly as he guided me up a staircase. “ Hmmm, mmm ,,mmm you need to hum this tune okay?” He hummed as he fiddled with his backpack. I did so, quietly.

“ Hummm, humm, humm.”

“Good job Joonie. Now watch carefully.”

And I did as he once again found a quarter in my ear.

________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey my little Giraffe-Babies. So I updated ^.^ Actually, I almost did earlier last week but my teacher caught me typing ( okay so I was suppose to be writing my Italian essay, but I had finished and sent it in already T.T)  and deleted everything I wrote, and I mean everything. It T.T.

On another note, my life has been getting better I guess. I've seen less of my sister but she seems to be doing good, and I've been accepted into a dance school for highschoolers on a scholarship, that's nice right? Senior year and I get to go to a dance school, yay. It's not full time, it's like after regular highschool but you know dance is dance xD

My mother, if  I have yet to tell you all, has been a not so healthy impact on my life but I've been trying to stay clear of anything Mother-anger related so I've been doing good there xD

ALSO! This is completely horrible advertising,but you all should totally check out my dance crew. We don't have any videos up because we finally decided to go public, as in actually advertise ourselves online and everything. We originally only danced at our school and at street things but yeah xD We are called ABSTRACT and as a whole we do covers of Kpop dances. My friend and I though as solo-artists, self choreographed dances. Many of my members also sing and when I say MY I mean MINE, because I'm the leader and you can't have them xD But seriously, they are amazing and it would mean a lot if you could support us!

If you want info, just send me a message.

Anysupport is amazing! Seriously though.

 I LOVE ALL MY SUBSCRIBERS SO MUCH! HAVE FANTASTIC DAY!


Oh and sorry for the Crappy Chapter. ( I'm really tired teeheehee)