Step 2: Introductions

One Last Trick



It was a two hour car ride before any legitimate form of conversation; G.O and Thunder (Mostly Thunder) would occasionally check up on me but that was all. I didn’t make any gesture to want to continue anyways. I found myself alternating between hanging my head out the window with the fresh air and reading the pointless magazines in the car. When I say reading, I mean glancing. I never learned to read above a first grade level. Flipping through the magazines and making faces at the pictures became my past time. Thunder had switched between typing away on a laptop, his small electronic device and the camera. He seemed to be most interested in pictures of me whenever his camera was out. I didn’t argue though. I didn’t know what he was capable of.

Would they throw me away? Give up?

We had started to communicate when Thunder became incredibly ecstatic. He was jumping up and down in his seat, ignoring the chuckles and warnings from the driver. G.O had maneuvered the car to the side of the highway, placing it in park before asking the other “ What is up?”. I tried to not seem interested and continued to flip through the magazine.

“ Mir got the gig! He’s performing right now! Can we go? Huh? Huh? Huh?” Thunder exclaimed. My ears perked up at the name, a smile making it’s way on my face.

G.O sighed and rubbed his temple, I discovered there was a bloody bandage tightly wrapped around his aiding hand. “ I don’t know. I still have other work to complete, like the paper work. Speaking of which have you done your paperwork? How about sending in your photos to the magazines or papers? You really need to get them in. They may not hire you aga-”

“ I’m working on it~.” Thunder whined, curling into his seat slightly before perking up and spinning around to see me. “ But, Joon, you wanted to meet Mir right? You would be able to see what he’s into and everything!”

I nodded, slightly in a daze at the sudden question.

Thunder grinned evilly at the driver. “ Joon wants to meet him, I’m thinking of him honestly! Besides what if Mir doesn’t get another gig?”

 

“ I see how much you believe in him,” G.O chuckled. It sounded soothing so I closed my eyes enjoying the sound. “ But fine. Only because of Joon.”

 

Thunder did a small victory dance as G.O pulled back onto the highway. After a few silent moments Thunder turned around in the seat once more. I raised an eyebrow and curled up in the corner.

“ G.O isn’t always this grumpy or pushy. I swear! He can be very talkative and caring. He just, we’ve been on the road for so long and when we found you we weren’t expecting such an uproar. G.O’s hand got sliced by a knife.” Thunder explained.


He got hurt because of me?

“ He’ll be better once he gets some sleep. I promise.” Thunder announced.

“ You make a lot of promises.” I muttered under my breath. Thunder raises an eyebrow.

“ Excuse me?” He asked leaning in closer.

He wasn’t all that close, but it was closer than he had been since I’ve awoken. “N-nothing. Sorry.”

“No. Don’t apologize, I’m not angry just curious.” He corrected.

I narrowed my eyes. “ I said nothing.”

Thunder smiled. “ Suuure.”

About another fifteen minutes passed before we swerved into a parking lot surrounding a one floored building. The exterior was painted black and had a red and white door. There was a chain on the door, reaching to the ground and was attached to a black and white stick. I raised an eyebrow at the accessorie. It seemed un needed for any building. Suddenly my backrest had vanished and I was falling back. In a matter of a second there was a pair of hands holding me up. I yelped and elbowed behind me, letting myself fall out of the car and onto the cement. I let out another as I found the fall had pushed my shoulder back into place. I heard a few curses and worried whispers. Opening my eyes I first saw the blinding sun. The next second I spotted Thunder, covering his mouth with both of his hands.

Awkwardly I pushed myself backwards, watching as my legs fall from the seats. Following the movement I kicked the door closed. After standing up I spun around to see my victim. It was G.O. He was clutching his stomach, slightly shaking his head.


All I do is hurt people.

“See?! I told you, you should have warned him!” Thunder exclaimed slapping the back of his hand on G.O’s shoulder, only to receive a cold glare as a response.

 Why is he blaming him? I injured him? On another note, how can he just go slapping someone’s shoulder without a knife suddenly being put to their throat.

“ Well I didn’t expect this reaction!” G.O exclaimed back. Subconsciously I flinched. G.O looked up and smiled at me. My eyes widened at the gesture. “Are you okay?”

 

Hesitantly I nodded my head as my hand reached for my now in place shoulder.

“ Well-p, let’s go inside!” Thunder exclaimed. With a sigh G.O agreed, egging me along with his hand. Pins and needles stabbed the tips of my feet as I followed.

When we walked in, I found the hallway walls to be red carpet and the floor to be black. As we moved down, it felt as if it was a museum; There were pictures of what I was presuming to be, famous magicians. I spotted a few cards sticking out from the walls. Occasionally I would flick them to see if they were real (They were by the way.). At the end of the hallway there were double doors, both adorned with cards, chains, pictures, autographs, and letters. We opened them only to enter a restaurant like atmosphere. There were plenty of circular tables, with matching chairs, and bars were lined up at the walls of the room. A huge stage started in the front, with a huge bloody, red curtain.

There were plenty of guests as were waiters, but there were some seats available. Thunder led us close to the front. We took a seat, with me in between the two ( against my better judgment.). I quickly moved my head around, listening to the laughter, glasses clinking, feet shuffling. A bead of sweat found it’s way down my cheek as I sat there. As quickly as it came though it was gone. I felt something soft swipe against my cheek. My head thrashed around to see G.O’s finger pushing it away. My body tensed.

“ You’re safe. Everything you hear right now is good.” G.O explained wiping the collected sweat on his pant leg. I watched hesitantly. “ Just calm your nerves and enjoy a
natural high. “

 

I nodded then switched my gaze to Thunder who was being hyperactive in his backless chair. Leaning over I asked; “ What is Mir?”

 

Thunder jolted slightly before turning to me. “ A magician. A great one at that.”

 

I nodded once more. Suddenly all lights dimmed except for one. The singlet drooped from the ceiling to center stage as some dramatic music set the mood. I shuffled a bit in my set. In about ten seconds the curtain opened. Out came the guy from the pictures, still holding a beautiful smile. I found myself sitting up straight, my hands clasped together on my lap. I couldn’t take my gaze away as he performed his tricks, with a childish grin and a hypnotizing voice. I found myself stunned at every move, every glance, every trick. He moonwalked to one end of the stage, earning a roar of laughter and applause, before he took a bow, letting his hat tumble, off his head, setting free numerous of doves. My mouth fell open. Thunder chuckled and clamped it closed for me ( Surprisingly I didn’t flinch.).

Thirty minutes passed and I found myself backstage with my ‘saviors’. G.O had vanished for a few minutes before, only to come back with a large bouquet of red roses.

“ It didn’t work... BUT DID YOU GUYS SEE ME?!” I heard a voice exclaim. All three of us turned around to see a hyperactive boy in front of us. It was the magician. His hair was bouncing in front of his face. His smile though, the heart-melting one, was still able to be seen. I couldn’t help but smile back.

G.O chuckled, ruffling the boy’s hair. “ Of course we did. Did you think we’d miss it?”

 

G.O is suddenly in a better mood.

 

“ You almost didn’t let us go! If it wasn’t for Joon I would have been stuck at home doing papers while Mir had no one to celebrate with!” Thunder whined.

“Hyuuuuung! How could you d- wait Joon?” Mir asked, his hair and head whipping towards me. My smile faded a bit and I took a step back. There was a moment of silence before Mir squealed, his eyes sparkling. “You’re seriously hot!”

My face flushed and I took a step back. Seeming to notice what he said, his face mimicked mine. Thunder chuckled and patted the other boy’s back.

“ Great first introduction. Mir, this is Joon, he’s living with us now. Joon this is Mir, my best friend. He lives with us too!”

I nodded, still too hesitant to speak. Suddenly a bang was heard followed by a thick puff of smoke. A few soft screams echoed to my ears. My instincts suddenly kicked in. Noises became faded as I could hardly make out the three faces encroaching in on me. I stumbled backwards before sprinting out of the restaurant. Knowing nothing of the town, I still ran. I took nothing in except for the need to get away. When my legs felt weak, I collapsed against a brick wall. My brown, shaggy hair stuck to my face and I curled up into a ball. I heard a siren and My head quickly dug it’s way into my lap.


I need Happy Pills!

The sound of feet passing me helped none. I didn’t know who any of them were, what any of them wanted. As my heartbeat slowed, I watched the shadows pass by me. Some slowed, probably questioning my existence as I was. Others hurried past; This I would have done also.

I’m a murderer. I dragged the rebels over to a perfectly safe restaurant where a perfectly perfect boy was performing and killed them all.

I felt tears falling down my cheeks. Having lacked of energy even before I ran, wiping my tears away seemed a waste of what’s left.

As I stared at the ground, a shadow stopped in front of me. I waited for it to pass, but nothing. Sheepishly, I raised my head. My left hand patted around me for any object to use as a weapon. It soon froze though as I spotted the smiling magician in front of me. I gasped and pushed farther back into the wall.


I’m insane now.

“W-who are you. W-what do you want?” I asked, my voice shaking. Suddenly the boy crouched down in front of me. I flinched and found I couldn’t crawl backwards any more.

“To take you back.”

“To SEUNGHO?!” I asked, the words slipping from my lips.

“ Who?” Mir retorted.

I blinked and looked down. “ I-I don’t know.”

Sighing Mir took a hold of my hand, which I hastily pulled back from. He smiled softly, and sat down on his , crossing his legs.

“ Okay watch me closely.” He smiled.

My head raised a little more, though I kept myself as far away as possible.  “Good.” Mir said.

Suddenly he pulled his long sleeves up showing his pale arms, “ Nothing under my sleeves.” He then continued to tip his hat forward, letting my gaze into it. “ Nothing in my hat.”

 

“ Now as you can tell I have nowhere to hide anything, so now, you have to,” He pulled a deck of cards out from his pocket. “ Pick a card.”

I raised an eyebrow before shyly picking up a card.

“ Look at it, memorize it, then put it back into this deck without letting me see it.” Mir explained, as he closed his eyes. I did as instructed. It was the nine of diamonds.

“Now for you to know I’m not cheating, shuffle the deck.”

I took the cards and attempted to copy what I’ve seen people do only to have most of the cards fly everywhere. Mir let out a small chuckle, which I softly smiled to. I was expecting him to clean them up, instead he reached down, took a card up off the sidewalk and put it in front of my face. “ Is this your card?”

My mouth fell ajar as I leaned in closer to look at the card. “ Y-yeah.”

Suddenly I heard a snap, and I flinched my head back slightly, shutting my eyes in the process. When I opened them though, the card was a rose.

 

“ Now, this rose is for you. And I promise to keep you away from this Seungho character, and help you live a better life here. Now the catch is, you have to come with me, and live with us, and trust us. This is the symbol, the proof, the magic of our agreement. So take it, and we’ll go home.” Mir grinned, standing up, holding the rose out to me.

“It’s a flower though, it’ll die.” I responded. He stumbled and chuckled a bit.

“Well, lets say, if the last petal falls, then you can leave me for good.” He added. I nodded. “ What you actually want to  leave me?”

 

“ I’m taking the rose aren’t I?” I muttered, snatching the rose from his hand and standing up. Triumphantly, Mir jumped up and started walking.

“  COME ON! We got to go back before G.O calls the police on us.”


At that time I didn’t know that the flower I had made my deal on, was plastic.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Hey amazing readers and commenters! What do you think?

 Mir has been introduced and he's a very hyperactive, blunt character in this. 


 Now what do you think that smoke and bang was from?

You'll figure out next chapter ;)
 
G.O has more lines, and you've been given an explanation on his character at tthe moment. 

Seungho?! What is with this Seungho character?! 

What do you think of the rose?
I'm still squealing over that and I wrote it. ( That may seem a little fast, but as you can tell Joon doesn't understand the whole crushing or that he will crush or any of that, and you will  understand that this is part of Mir's character :D)

Please continue to comment and enjoy my story you fluffy little bunnies you >.< ( Seriously don't question that....)