Dreams Awaken

Don't Create A Fire You Can't Control: Prequel to Don't Mess With Time and Flight

 

A young boy, sat in his mothers chair, waiting for her to return home. He was reading his favorite book to pass the time. The boy never really watched tv or played on a game system. He never went outside unless he was going to school. Everyone made fun of him, because he had no friends. Until that one boy came. The really tall one, the one who saved him from the bullies. Chanyeol was unusually short for his age, and it was constantly told to him by everyone at school. He was shorter than everyone. A boy by the name of Kevin rescued him from a beating he almost received. Chanyeol got beat up every day, but it didn’t matter to him. The tall boy saved him. He remembered that day like he remembered the back of his hand.

 

                *flashback*

                “Yah! Chanyeol! Why are you so short? I’m surprised they haven’t forced you to go to Earth, puny human!  That’s what you are aren’t you!? I bet you won’t even get powers! You haven’t gotten them yet! I bet you don’t have any!” a group of boys had cornered Chanyeol like that every day. *smack* Chanyeol fell to the ground as the boy left a stinging slap on his face. His hand covered the stinging area of his face. “One day. I will get my powers and you will regret this!” Chanyeol spat back. The other just punched him in the gut. Chanyeol’s eyes lit up with flames. He was angry. He wanted this bully gone. But he still had to have his training to gain his power.

                It was unusual for a boy his age to not have his power yet. So they bullied him, but he didn’t care. Nothing mattered to him. No one ever helped him, no one wanted to be friends with him. “You should know better than to talk back to me!” the kid growled. His buddies were laughing at Chanyeol. Pointing and humiliating him. That’s when it happened.

                A tall boy, around his age stalked up behind the group. “Ah Kevin! It seems you the new kid want to help us with this mortal human. So weak and helpless.” Kevin stared at the kid with hatred. “You shouldn’t beat up someone that’s not your own size.” Kevin glared at Chanyeol’s bully. “Just because h  doesn’t have his power yet doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be the most powerful Exopian that ever lived. You could be beating up a legend. Get out of here.” Not one emotion passed across Kevin’s a face. “Make me.” The young bully said as he went to go kick Chanyeol. Kevin grabbed hold of the kid and flew into the air.

                “Mess with him I dare you.” Kevin said angrily. The bully screamed, he was afraid of heights. “Put me down! Put me down!” he screamed. Kevin landed on the ground, and pushed the bully towards his friends. “Get out of here! If I ever catch you bullying this kid again I won’t hold back!” he shouted. The group scrambled away. Kevin went over to Chanyeol and held out his hand. Chanyeol pushed it away, and got up. “I don’t need your pity! I don’t need your help!” Chanyeol picked up his books and walked to his next training session. “Yah! I just stopped those bullies from beating you to a pulp, and that’s how you thank me? I don’t even know your name.” Chanyeol glared at Kevin. “Go away. I want to be alone. I don’t need anyone, I never have!” Kevin stared hard. “You’re really going to be like that? Just give me a chance..” Kevin said. His sadness displayed on his face. “I’m new here and I don’t have any friends. But I would like to be your friend.” He said a little shyly. Chanyeol looked at him weirdly. “Your being shy after what you just did back there? And why would you want to be friends with me? I’m just the scrawny .. No one likes me.”

                Chanyeol hung his head as he said those words. “I like you. You have unknown strength, and I want to help you discover yourself.” Kevin gave Chanyeol a sincere look. “A-alright..” Chanyeol whispered making Kevin smile. “Awesome. I’ll see you later?” Chanyeol nodded.

                *end flashback*

                Chanyeol had never met someone who wanted to be his friend, who wanted to talk to him. He was excited to tell his mother that he had made a friend today.

                The sound of a car door opening and closing rang in his ears. “Chanyeol! I’m home!” he heard his mother’s voice from outside the door. “If you’re in my chair I recommend you move your to a different spot!” Chanyeol giggled, and quickly acted as if he was immersed in his book. The door swung open, and his mom walked in, to see him reading his book. She smiled, and sat next to him. “I see you are reading in my chair. Your favorite book. You barely take that book out.. What’s the occasion?” she said and grinned. “I made a friend today. He rescued me from those bullies.” Chanyeol looked at his mother who smiled widely at him. “congratulations baby.” She moved his hair from his forehead and kissed it.

                “Now it’s time for you to go to bed. It’s really late! You ate dinner neh? Shower? Homework?” Chanyeol nodded. “Good. Go to bed darling.” Chanyeol got up and ran towards his room, he quickly changed and hopped into bed. “Good night umma!” He shouted just when he turned off the light. “good night Chanyeol!” she said back.

                Chanyeol let his dreams take over his mind and he couldn’t wait to start a new day.

 

 

 

Hey readers! So this is the first chapter of my prequel. I have no doubts that this may actually be longer than my first fic so bear with me. Comment and subscribe :D