Why Me?

My Heart Belongs To You.

~ Chapter 18: Why Me? ~

 

 

"I'm his girlfriend." I said loud and clear.

I felt Myungsoo's eyes on me and I looked up at him and barely saw his eyes due to fringe being in the way. But I could tell he was shocked, yet his expression seemed quite pleased.

"Your his what?"I heard Eunjung's voice echoing in the air. 

I broke my gaze away from Myungsoo and eyed Eunjung.

"Do you really want me to repeat it? I'm his girlfriend. He is mine and I am..." I trailed away and looked at Myungsoo. Before continuing my sentence "his."

Myungsoo's eyes widen and he frozen. I don't know what drove me to say that, whether it was the fact that I was acting and wanted to make this believable? Or do I mean every word I say? Why did my heart beat so fast, Myungsoo was simply holding my wrist, yet his touch shot electricity and adrenaline through my veins. Was I becoming crazy?

No... Mina hold it together. Think of Woohyun.

"And who are you?" I said looking back at Eunjung.

Her eyes were red and it seemed like she was verge of tears, somehow I sympathise with her, yet I hated her for inflict pain on Myungsoo. Why did I care so much?

"I'm Myungsoo's ex-girlfriend. I'm guessing he hasn't told you about me." Eunjung muttered; obviously hurt.

"No he didn't." I said taking a glimpse at Myungsoo; he was alerted and anxious.

I could tell Myungsoo still had feelings for Eunjung, and who was I to get in the way of that? I somehow felt alienated. 

I instantly regretted what I said, why was I so stupid? Myungsoo was probably sneering at me in his head right now, calling me an idiot for falling for his trap. I DON'T LIKE YOU MYUNGSOO. I don't.

Eunjung pushed me out of the way, disturbing my thoughts.

"Myungsoo." She said grabbing his hand.

Myungsoo stayed silent I could tell from his eyes, which were now red, that he was going to fall into her trap.

"Soo-ah." Eunjung whispered.

That seemed to have reaction, he looked at her and moved a step closer. I wanted to intervene and help him get through this, but the sight of those two broke my heart. They had so much history, she knew all his weaknesses and was using it against him right on the spot. Myungsoo was hurt and his past was rushing back to him, I was hurt, the way he looked at her like she was the most precious thing in the world. My eyes started to sting, why was I being like this? 

My head was screaming at me: why are you being like this Mina?

The reality was I didn't know myself, those two were clearly in love and I couldn't handle the sight of that. I placed a hand near my heart, it was beating so fast, so rapidly. Why did Myungsoo have to say he liked me? When he clearly doesn't; but why did it have such a big effect on me.

Myungsoo grabbed Eunjung's hand and they walked away from us.

My heart felt so heavy. The sight of the two was slowly eating me away.

Eunjung's eyes landed on mine and she gave me sly smirk.

I looked away "I'm going for a walk."

 

>>>>>

 

I found myself at myself at the river side, I had no idea why I was here. This place only brought on bad memories and one good memory.

"Argh! Mina what is wrong with you!" I screamed out loud.

He went with her. 

He rejected you.

I walked along the riverside and sat down on the nearest bench. I ruffled my hair and grunted in anger and started to stomp my foot on the ground.

I sat there and stared out in the distance. What was I doing to myself?

I wonder why Myungsoo suddenly had a big effect on my life. Why did INFINITE have to enter it in the first place?

I touched the back of my head and touched the scar that held a weird story.

 

I sat there for hours and hours thinking about Myungsoo. Why? You tell me. I hated everything about that boy; his way of talking, his walk, his stupid L-cosplay act, his sneer, his smirk, even the way he breaths annoys me.

But why is it that he made my heart beat faster?  I sighed and rubbed my arm up and down. As soon as I decided to get up and leave, someone appears in front of me.

"Hi." Woohyun said.

"Hi." I waved.

"What you doing here?" Woohyun asked.

"I could ask you the same thing." 

He nodded "true true."

"You left so fast, none of us could catch up to you. So we went out to look for you." Woohyun said.

"We?" I said, slightly hopeful.

"Yeah, me, Hoya, and Sungjong." He said.

My heart dropped. "Oh, you found me!" I said putting on a smile.

Woohyun laughed.

"Are you okay?" 

"Of course!" I said looking at Woohyun confused.

Woohyun nodded and we started walking together.

"How did you find me?" I asked curiously.

"A little birdy told me." He said chuckling.

"Hmm?" I asked confused.

"Myungsoo suggested to come here." 

My heart suddenly started beating faster.

"Oh. Ok." I said simply.

"Come on let's just go home." Woohyun said. I nodded and we made our way home completely silent.

 

>>>>>

 

"You're back." I heard a voice say behind me, I was on my way to my room.

I didn't even need to turn around to know who it was. I carried on walking towards my room.

"Mina." Myungsoo said slowly and softly.

He said my name.

I turned around showing no emotions.

"I know now." He said giggling.

"Know what?" I said crossing my arms.

"How you feel about me." he smirked.

"Don't get it twisted, I did that because you seemed so vulnerable. I was being a friend." 

"Friends don't do that for each other... Mina." He repeated my name again.

"So what exactly do friends do for each other?" I said getting angry.

"I know you like me. And you know I like you-"

"Stop. Myungsoo, cut that crap. You don't like me, you made it clear today. Eunjung is still on your mind and I really appreciate it if it stayed that way."

Myungsoo's gaze became cold. "I don't like that girl. Don't you ever say that again." Myungsoo practically screamed at me.

"Why else would you hold her hand? Why else would you get so defensive! You obviously still do Myungsoo, stop messing with me. It's not funny." I said losing it.

"Oh. Why is it so hard for you to believe that I like you?."

"I don't believe in words. You say that and you don't even show it. How can I believe you, when I tried to help you and you threw back in my face."

"Is this what it's all about? I went with her, but that didn't mean I was going back to her Mina. I want you, isn't that clear enough? What else can I do to prove to you how much I like you. I can't get you off my mind, everything you do irritates me, but yet I can't get enough of it." He said moving closer to me.

"Liar." I said my eyes widening at his sudden outburst.

"Why do you even care, so what if I went with her? I thought you didn't like me."

"I don't." I turned around and started making my way to my room.

But, before I could Myungsoo grabbed me by the shoulder and crashed his body onto mine.

"Then prove it." he whispered slowly and huskily into my ear.

I was about to melt, my knees were giving in.

I didn't know what to say or what do, the proximity between me and Myungsoo was enough to suffocate me.

"Stop. l don't like you" I whispered in his ear.

"You don't?" he whispered back.

"Are you crazy?" I said.

I pushed Myungsoo off of me and ran to my room before he could grab me. I lay behind my door, my heart beating so fast.

And now I knew why...

My heart beating agaisnt my chest at a thousand miles per hour told me enough. The adrenaline rushing through my body and shaking of my knees made me realise it.

I liked him.

I do like him.

I like that two faced jerk.

Damn.