Bitter Wishes

{ Battle Royale } Stay Alive, If You Can

Yunho had wandered into the residential area of the island. Houses upon houses lined up in rows were there, what were the odds of someone going in the exact same one he chose to? Slim. Very slim.

Inside of the house, Yunho had made sure to keep all the lights off. He’d scanned through the house, and knew where the front and back entrance was. Currently, Yunho was sitting inside of a closet. No windows, less likely to be seen.

In his hand, he held what resembled a handheld game or a GPS. What it actually was, was a tracker. On the tracker it showed a map of the area, divided into little segments. And there was a little red dot for each student still living. With this tracker, he knew where everyone was. If someone was coming his way, he could get away. Easily. The only problem was, it didn’t tell him who was who.

He felt like for the time being, he had to run if anyone came near him. He didn’t know who it could possibly be, and he couldn’t risk it being someone after his life.

A pain sunk in his chest. There were two people he wanted to see. He wanted to see Donghae and Changmin.

He wanted to see Donghae because Donghae had always been special to him. When Yunho was just a kid, he remembered being in school one day and the teacher announced they had a new kid in the class by the name of Lee Donghae.

Donghae had been such a shy boy; he had a hard time making friends right away. The other kids stayed in their groups rather than talking to the new kid, but Yunho’s gut was always telling him to speak to Donghae. Eventually he did, and he was the first friend Donghae made. Yunho always thought Donghae had the sweetest personality, and after making one friend it didn’t take long for him to adapt to the new place.

Yunho had always taken care of him. The kid was always so clumsy and all over the place, the opposite of Yunho. The two of them spent countless nights together, but someone had to have scooped Donghae away from him. Suddenly Hyukjae was Donghae’s best friend, and Donghae was stuck to his arm like glue. Yunho didn’t know why it bothered him so much; it was good to see Donghae close to other people as well. But it just seemed…He’d become replaced. And he hated that.

The other person he wanted to see was Changmin. He’d known Changmin for as long as he could remember, they lived next to each other and their parents were friends. The two of them practically grew up together.

Changmin knew him inside and out, and he knew Changmin inside and out. After the friendship they’d had and knowing each other for their entire lives, it just wouldn’t be right not to see him.

What was he supposed to do if he figured out Changmin had died and he hadn’t had the chance to see him? Or Donghae? He had to see them, at least once. He would do anything to see those two with life still in them. Maybe with a struck of luck he'd see a shooting star, and he could wish for it. Although he'd never been one to believe in that silly kind of thing, what else could he to do?

His head hurt, this was too much. It couldn’t be real. There was no way that this was his reality.