The First Alliance

{ Battle Royale } Stay Alive, If You Can

They were released in alphabetical order with a boy girl pattern, making Donghae one of the first contestants out of the building. He swallowed thickly, the knot in his throat only tightening as he made his took his first step out of the building, onto the island. He clenched his bag in his fingers, his eyes shifting through the darkness of the area.

“Dara…Changmin…Chaerin…And Chansung are out…Only Eunjung comes out before Hyukjae…”

In a game like this, Donghae didn’t want to be alone. He couldn’t be alone. This kid can hardly sleep when he’s alone, and he’s expected to maintain himself in a game like this one?

Donghae quickly made his way to the bushes near the side of the doors. He hid himself in them, hoping that the other four hadn’t had the same idea as him. As he sat, he quietly pulled his bag open, searching around it for the weapon he was supposed to have. His hands reached around the bag, searching for something big—like a gun, or a knife—but he couldn’t find anything.

“What the hell? Where’s the weapon!” He bite down on his lower lip, continuing to search threw his bag, feeling around carefully while remembering each of the items that was told to be inside. One thing he felt set him off. It was a small, cylinder container. Frowning, he pulled it out. It appeared t be a container, squinting, he tried to read the label in the darkness. “Cyanide…” He muttered to himself.

The sound of footsteps caught his attention, and he froze dead in his spot. He knew it would be Eunjung coming out of the building. Silently he prayed to himself that he wouldn’t be seen, and much to his luck, it seemed Eunjung took off running at top speed.

“Five more minutes…Five more minutes and Hyukjae will come…” He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath as he waited. Soon his best friend would walk out of those doors, and he wouldn’t be alone anymore. More than anything he wanted to see his friend. Even if the game had completely taken over his friend and Hyukjae was playing to win, Donghae would still be happy. Even if Hyukjae killed him on the spot, that would be better than being put through the torture and trauma of being alone in such a game. And even so, Donghae could fully grasp that he had no chance at survival. With his golden heart, a game like this would never take him over. He would never lose himself to the game. And that’s why he felt his chances did not exist.

Soon he heard footsteps approaching from the doorway. Donghae grinned a little, moving his position so he could watch the door. Sure enough, Hyukjae walked out of the building.

Donghae stood straight up where he was. Hyukjae heard the noise and jumped, his attention turning to stare at Donghae with fear-struck eyes. Once Hyukjae was able to realize it was Donghae, his expression softened.

“Hae…” He whispered, making his way over to his friend. Donghae practically launched himself at the boy, hugging him tightly. “You waited for me?” He asked softly, wrapping his arms around the smaller boy.

Hae nodded, pressing himself closer to Hyukjae. “Mhm…” Hyukjae’s hand gently rubbed over Donghae’s back. “Come’on, let’s go…It’s not safe here…” Hyukjae whispered.

Donghae frowned and turned his head up towards Hyukjae. “Can’t we wait for Kyu?” He asked quietly. Hyukjae shook his head. “No, Hae. Four people come out before him, that’s twenty minutes right there. It’s too dangerous. We’ll try to find him later, alright? He’s Kyu, he’ll be alright.” Hyukjae said soothingly, pulling back from the hug to start to tug Donghae through the bushes.

“What about Siwon? Yunho? Minho?” He whispered, reluctantly letting Hyukjae pull him.

“We’ll find them later, Hae…” Hyukjae gave Donghae a reassuring smile, digging his free hand into his bag. Hyukjae’s fingers ran over a smooth surface, a smirk appeared on his face as his fingers traced over the weapon. With a of luck in his favor, a gun lied in Hyukjae’s bag.

-------------------------------------

So maybe there wasn't much action here, but its a start.

I was thinking about putting a little segment at the end of a chapter that's the government's predictions for the students. Like at the end of each chapter I would pick one of the people in the game and make a little thing like this for them

Student Name: Lee Donghae

Predicted Game Outcome: and right here I would put what the government officials who are in charge of the game think will happen to that particular student. Like if they think they've got a chance at winning, or their going to be an easy kill. 

Does that make any sense? In the manga for the actual Battle Royale series, they have things like that at the beginnings of chapters and I thought it was really cool, so I was thinking about adding that in.

Opinions pleeeeaaaase <3