Reunited

{ Battle Royale } Stay Alive, If You Can

Kyuhyun was no idiot. Right from his exit time he pulled his map out and made his way to a building. The residential area sounded promising, but if he could get to the clinic before anyone else that could be even better. They were told there were items in the buildings still, so if he could get any kind of medicine or first aid kit, that could be crucial over the next few days.

The clinic was a little smaller than he had expected, and it only had one front entrance, unless you wanted to count the windows. Although the building was small and quite run down, it was a two story building. The first story was your average clinic, and the second appeared just like a house. There was a kitchen and a bedroom, so scoring the clinic was a double win.

Kyuhyun had been the top of his grade; he was almost the top of his school as well. He excelled particularly well in both math and science. If you add that with some logic and critical thinking, you’ve got a perfect candidate for survival. That’s exactly what Kyuhyun was.

Upon arriving at the clinic, he had one goal in the object he searched for. He needed a thin strand of a string of wire, and he needed a lot of it. He found a large wad of the string used in stitches, and decided that would have to work.

The next thing he needed would be tougher to find. He needed a bell of some sort. Or at least something that would make noise when moved. He got lucky, as he found two small bells in the kitchen area of the hospital.

With those items he created somewhat of an alarm system. He set the thread around the hospital at a level far below the eyes, and around the average person’s ankles. He connected the string to both of the bells, which he tied to trees above eye level, the two bells on opposite sides. If a person were to approach the clinic, they would most likely catch their foot on the thread. That would trigger the two bells to ring, and alert Kyuhyun that he wasn’t alone.

Now, Kyuhyun was inside the clinic. He continued to search for useful items. He already had fairly large gun in his bag, but he was going for first aid supplies. He’d stuffed pain killers, alcohol, gauze, and bandages into his bag. He didn’t know how long he’d been in the clinic, but he knew for sure that at this point everyone was at least on the island.

And how many were playing the game?

He couldn’t answer that. As far as he was aware, he was completely himself. He wasn’t just going to go around killing his classmates. At least, not unprovoked. If his alarm was triggered, he knew he’d have to face the person with his gun out. If they chose to fight back, he would kill them. It was just self-defense.

…Right?

It really was a dog eat dog world.

His back jolted up as he heard the faint ringing of the bells. ‘Damn, already!?’ He thought, groaning as he grabbed his gun, quickly making his way to the door.

He kicked the door open, holding the gun ready. Two figures stood before him. Two more than familiar figures, to be exact.

A grin broke on one of their faces. Kyuhyun’s eyes widened, and he slowly lowered the gun. “Hae…” He mumbled, staring at the grinning boy. His eyes shifted to the other figure, Hyukjae.

Hae quickly moved over the thread and made his way over to Kyu, wrapping his arms around him tightly. Kyuhyun grinned and dropped his gun, hugging Donghae tightly. He was glad those two were the ones he first came in contact with. And it didn’t seem like the game had gotten into their heads. His arms tightened around the boy until he heard Hae whine that he was being choked.

Kyuhyun loosened his arms and grinned sheepishly at Donghae. “Sorry…I’m happy to see you.” He said, kneeling down to pick his gun back up. He turned his attention back at Hyuk, “hey, I’m happy to see you too.”

A grin came onto Hyukjae’s face. “Nice to see you too.” He said, stepping closer to the two of them.

“So how’d you two end up together?” Kyuhyun asked, raising an eyebrow as he eyed the two. He wasn’t surprised to see them together; he knew they were best friends. Hae was always clinging to Hyukjae, even before this mess happened.

“Hae waited for me outside the door.” Hyuk said giving a nod.

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened a little. “Wouldn’t that be dangerous?” He asked, receiving his answer from Donghae this time.

“Only Eunjung exited before him. I wanted to wait for you too, but Hyuk said it would be too dangerous so we should just look for you.”

Kyuhyun’s expression softened and he smiled affectionately at Hae. “I’m glad you found me safely. Now hurry up and get into the clinic before someone finds us and busts out asses.”

Donghae nodded and quickly ran in the already open door, followed by Kyuhyun and Hyukjae.

---------------------

omggg

I took forever to update

I'm so sorry!

I'll update faster now! <3