The Dynamic Duo

{ Battle Royale } Stay Alive, If You Can

Eunjung stalked through the grass, holding a sickle in her right hand. This game was a joke. In her opinion, she’d already won the game. It seemed easy enough to her. Out of all the girls in her grade, she was the only one she thought stood any chance.

In fact, she didn’t think many people stood a chance. She’d already narrowed down her top competitors in her head.

When she thought about it, she didn’t even have to kill that many people to win. If everyone was playing, she’d only really have to kill one or two people to win. But that wasn’t going to stop her from killing every last person that crossed her path.

Her eyes shifted to the blade of her sickle, a small smirk played on her lips. “Laaaame. I’ve gotta snag a gun.  All I need is an idiot who got a gun as a weapon.” She thought. She examined her own weapon, and she had to admit it wasn’t a bad draw. But a sickle wasn’t enough for her, she wanted a gun. She needed a gun. And she planned to get one no matter what.

A glimpse of blonde hair caught her eyes and her smirk drew wider. “Let’s see…how many blondies are in my class..? Chaerin or Victoria…heh, Victoria would be an easy kill.” She gripped onto her sickle with both hands, quietly making her way behind the figure.

As she got closer and closer to the blonde, she was able to tell it was Chaerin, not Victoria. Not like Eunjung really cared, either way it was a kill for her.

Carefully, Eunjung moved her left hand off the sickle and grabbed onto the back collar of Chaerin’s shirt, yanking her closer while hooking the sickle around her neck, pressing the blade lightly to it.

Almost instantly Chaerin’s arm moved backwards towards Eunjung, a gun swiftly pointed to her head. “Well isn’t this a predicament…” Chaerin muttered.

The stance was a tricky one, one wrong move and either of them could end up dead. “You’re playing for real, huh?” Eunjung asked, chuckling lightly.

“About as real as you are.” Chaerin responded, trying to drown out fear from her voice.

“Nice weapon you’ve got there.” Eunjung muttered, eying the gun.

“Thanks. Move your weapon any closer to my neck and my nice weapon will blow your head off.”

“Hey, same for you.” Eunjung scoffed, the girl’s arrogance pissed her off.

“I’ve got a nice idea.” Chaerin mused.

“What?”

“Let’s team up.”

Eunjung’s face twisted at the idea. “What?

Chaerin smiled a little. “We don’t have to actually like each other. Just a little trust. We’re both playing to win, right? So let’s team up and kill off everyone else. It’ll be easier with the two of us, less chance of someone sneaking up on us.”

Eunjung blinked a few times, she couldn’t believe she was actually considering Chaerin’s idea. “And what do you suppose we do when it comes down to the two of us?”

Chaerin sighed softly. “Let’s get real, even with the two of us together something could go wrong and one of us or both of us could die. So in that case the living one would carry on or we’d both lose. And if we do, which we probably will, make it to the last two, hey, may the best woman win.”

Eunjung was silent for a few moments as she thought about Chaerin’s plan. “Alright. But if you try to trick me I’ll kill you in a heartbeat.”

“Same for you. Now on the count of three, we lower our weapons.”

Chaerin took a deep breath before she started counting up to three. To be completely honest, she almost expected Eunjung to slit the minute she lowered her gun. Chaerin’s count came to three, and both of the weapons were lowered.

Chaerin turned to face Eunjung and smiled a bit, extending her free hand. “Let’s raise hell, teammate.”

Eunjung grinned, grabbing Chaerin’s hand and giving it a firm shake. “Hell yeah.”

----------------

Thanks to all my subscribers, everyone whose commented, and even everyone whose just viewed my story <3