Chapter 7: Sulli

Dangerous Love

Sulli


"Yumi, right?" The girl in front of me nooded, still smiling that same tormented smile. Yumi, the girl, didn't seem to be applying any effort, just that smile again. "Have you ever waitressed before," I asked.

She nodded tightly. "Good," I said. "I got this guy's order so when his food is done, you can take it out to him. And we'll practice, and we'll train you from that."

She laughed and then smiled. Both one hundred percent real. "He's not so bad. Sure, I don't like him at all. But, I guess what I am trying to say is, he'll a really good person."

I frown and she goes back to her fake smile. What the heck was that about, I thought to myself.

The bell rang, signaling my customer's food was done. I placed his food in front of him, and just because I knew I wouldn't be in trouble, I sat adjacent from him. "What's it going to take," I ask him, narrowing my eyes.

"What is what going to take," he asks innocently.

I keep my voice real low when answering him vicously. "For you to be gone. Disappear. Forget me. Forget what you saw earlier. Keep quiet. Anything, so as long as you keep your distance and don't expose my secret."

I stood up abruptly, but he grabbed my hand. "Your secret is safe with me, Sulli. I just wish I could help," he whispered.

I shook my head stubbornly. "I don't need help."

Minho tensed at my words. "That's is the last thing *Micheal said to me before he left this world permanently." 

I automatically sat back down. "I'm so-"

"Don't."

"Okay, then just don't bother with me, please, it's for your own sake, here."

"Why," he wondered, leaning in close until I could feel his breath upon my face. 

"I won't be the one hurt, you will."

"Hurt by who?"

I stood up again. "Me."

He stood up, also. "Really," he whispered bitterly. "Because it seems to me as if your the only one getting hurt."

I started to walk away, but then I said. "Don't be stupid. Don't let me hurt you."