Chapter 6: Minho

Dangerous Love

Minho


 

I came home from school. Extremely late. It was actually about to turn midnight. "Mom," I called out, wondering if anybody would notice my disappearance.

Nope. I walked back out of this house I don't know if Yumi believed being here would help us get over *Damien's death. I know Mom thought that. But, somehow, I think this is worse. Back home, we had memories of him. We understood that his presence was everywhere. But here, its dead and there is not a speckle to remember him. 

Like this house. Emptiness. Bare. All signs of the grief and absence. 

I just walked around all day into the night. I couldn't deal with Mother and I definitely couldn't handle Yumi. If I was being honest with myself, I was looking for her. I was looking for Sulli. I wanted to know her. I wanted to comfort her. Even protect her. 

I decided to go and get some pizza. To get around the public and not be alone. There was a Pizza Shack just down the block. I walked with my hood over my head, nothing revealed, and my hands stuffed in my pockets. 

I went in and waited until an unknown waitress waited on me. "Can I help you," came a cheery voice a couple of seconds later. I looked up slowly and saw her. : Hi," I said.

She started off smiling and then quit. "What do you want," she said with an attitude. 

"Well I would like two with cheese and jalapenos and a large Pepsi. Please."

"Is that it?" Same attitude.

"No," I told her.

"Then what else?"

"The truth."

"I'll be right back with your meal?"

"And what about the truth," I urged.

"Stop trying."

I wouldn't though. I needed to help someone because I couldn't stand to help myself.