The Belief

Formidable Resistance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 4 - The Belief

 

 

 

Outside Earth…

 

 

 

“Earth? What’s earth? Is it safe for me to go there and get my knight?” Daniel innocently asked.

 

 

 

“Definitely not,” Saint Luke answered him.

 

 

 

“Earth is located down from here,” Saint Matthew added.

 

 

 

“Down? I thought there’s only hell down there.”

 

 

 

“Okay, you guys!” Saint Mark interrupted. “You’ll have the record of being the first knight to know about earth, Warrior Daniel. We’ll tell you this just one time and you have to listen very carefully.”

 

 

 

“And please make sure no other knights will get to know this,” Saint Matthew said again.

 

 

 

Daniel obediently nodded as his curiosity increased with this earth everybody was talking about.

 

 

 

“The first thing about earth,” Treasurer Leo began. “Is that it’s where the humans live.”

 

 

 

“Humans?”

 

 

 

“Yes, the main living thing on earth. We all used to be one of them before we died and sent here to heaven.”

 

 

 

“Okay, okay.” Daniel raised both his hands. “I’m totally lost here. So we all came from earth, died, then sent here to heaven. Is that what you’re saying, Treasurer?”

 

 

 

“Yes, Warrior. After death, the treasurers here would see the list if that person has potential. If he/she has, he/she would be screened by Saint Peter and the treasurers. If the soul then passes, his/her memories about earth would be gone then he/she will be assigned to the tribe where his/her skills dominated.”

 

 

 

Daniel had his mouth hanging open while listening to the explanation.

 

 

 

“It’s where guardians are sent to guide the potential humans,” Guardian Dominic upheld.

 

 

 

“The guardians? Including Guardian Michael?”

 

 

 

“Yes,” the Saints and the two other angels said.

 

 

 

“If that’s so, then my knight could be in danger! There could be demons surrounding her from there like what they did to Michael!”

 

 

 

“No, they couldn’t,” Saint Andrew clarified. “God has His power surrounding her. They won’t be able to wrap a finger around her.”

 

 

 

“But why did it happen to Michael?”

 

 

 

“He was a guardian, Daniel. Among all of you, they are the ones who can freely talk to demons because guardian demons seduce people to embrace the darkness and counteract what guardian angels are doing. Michael chose to be with them and we didn’t have the power to stop it from happening,” Saint Andrew paused and stood up before finishing, “Because God practically let it happen. We don’t questions His motives. We just follow. Besides, He wouldn't give something if He knows we couldn't overcome it.” He bowed to all of them. “Excuse my rudeness. I just have to face God’s messenger. I’ll be back in a minute.”

 

 

 

Receiving God’s messages has been the Saints’ responsibility. They accept it from the messenger by shuffle. Today was Saint Andrew’s turn to receive and relay it to them. All Saints have the chance of doing it, except for Saint Peter. This was because he was the main messenger from the Saints to the angels since he interacts with them a lot.

 

 

 

“Going back to the topic,” Saint Anthony shifted. “We should discuss what we'll do with the fallen knight. Maybe we should ask a guardian to find her and bring her back.”

 

 

 

“I agree with this,” Saint Benedict said.

 

 

 

“Why can’t I just go there myself and look for her?” Daniel questioned.

 

 

 

“Like what Luke said, definitely not,” Saint Nicholas repeated. “Only knights do not have the knowledge about earth. But knights and treasurers both shouldn’t go there.”
 

 

 

“But I am a knight and I can fight all the demons in there.”

 

 

 

Saint Isaac shook his head strongly. “Wars between angels and demons could not appear on earth. All the other creations would be affected and those who will start it, either from our side or the devils’ will receive a punishment.”

 

 

 

Daniel slumped back on his seat, trying to gather his lost determination. “Then should we accept Saint Anthony’s suggestion to have a guardian pick her up instead?”

 

 

 

“We’re not doing that,” Saint Andrew’s voice caught their attentions.

 

 

 

Different question rose up from them as Andrew took his seat again.

 

 

 

“Because God said so,” the Saint simply answered. “She has a mission to accomplish first.”

 

 

 

*************************************************

 

 

 

On Earth…

 

 

 

 “Stop it, uncle! You’re annoying me!” Hyun Joong snapped at his mother’s younger brother who was throwing him endless questions.

 

 

 

“Well, I just wanted to know why you want me to check on this patient in private,” the not-so-old uncle wondered.

 

 

 

“No. I didn’t say you’ll check on her by yourself. Just don’t tell mom that it’s me who brought her here.”

 

 

 

“Why? Who is she in your life? A friend? A girlfriend? A wife--?”

 

 

 

“UNCLE!!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter