The Discovery

Formidable Resistance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 3 - The Discovery

 

 

 

Outside Earth…

 

 

 

“What’s going to happen now to her?”

 

“She should have a double ceremony. One for her naming and another for being our heroine.”

 

“But where is she?”

 

 

 

Various rumors spread among the knights upon their arrival on their quarters. The leaders of each tribe were called in the Saints’ quarter for a meeting. This quarter was separated from the angels. It was elevated and difficult to be reached by the demons, unless they conquer the angels’ place first.

 

 

 

The three, namely Treasurer Leo, Guardian Dominic (in replacement for their late leader, Guardian Michael), and Warrior Daniel made their way up to gather with the Saints.

 

 

 

“We all know that the Saints are trying our best not to meddle with your activities because we want you to learn how it is to be an angel,” Saint John began. “It’s not like we don’t care about you that we didn’t help you. God knows the best and He will do the moves once it seems you cannot carry on anymore.”

 

 

 

“We understand, Saint John. Thank you very much for you concern.” Treasurer Leo slightly bowed as all of them were seated around a rectangular table.

 

 

 

“I’m glad that these angels have been trained very nicely. They’re all open-minded,” Saint Paul seconded. “And now, to proceed to this emergency meeting.” He turned his head to Saint Peter who was sitting on his right. “Saint Peter?”

 

 

 

“Yes, yes. We’re here to discuss about your knight, Warrior Daniel.”

 

 

 

Daniel also bowed, mimicking Leo’s action a while ago.

 

 

 

“We all believe she’s still alive ‘cause if not, we’ll receive a message from God about her death,” Saint Peter continued.

 

 

 

“Is there any other place wherein she could be right now?” Daniel scattered his sight to the eyes of the angels and Saints in front of him.

 

 

 

All fell silent as they pondered if anyone should speak about it.

 

 

 

“There is.” Finally, Guardian Dominic couldn’t stand the silence. He looked at Daniel and continued. “She’s on earth.”

 

 

 

*************************************************

 

 

 

On Earth…

 

 

 

12 midnight. Hyun Joong lazily got out of his car and walked to enter his house. The house he bought through his hard work after graduating with a degree in Mass Communications. It was the course he really enjoyed doing and he showed his parents that he could triumph on it compared to the business line that they wanted him to have.

 

 

 

He was drunk, given. But he always sees to it that he just takes enough for him to maintain being sober. He successfully made it to his room as his house didn’t have a second floor anyway.

 

 

 

He lied down on bed with a hand on his forehead, lightly massaging it. He turned to his left side and noticed something unusual.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why was he seeing the moon through his roof?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He shook his head at the silly thought. The moon was so beautiful that he can even see it in his hallucination. He peacefully closed his eyes to get some sleep.

 

 

 

Minutes later, he found himself opening his eyes again as the moon’s borrowed light from the sun keeps on lighting upon his face. He tried to widen his eyes only to be oddly surprised.

 

 

 

“WHO DID THIS TO MY HOUSE??!” he sat up while looking up the poor roof.

 

 

 

There were even remnants of the roof that was scattered inside his room. Hyun Joong was already awake, forgetting about the most wanted sleep just now.

 

He looked to left and to the right. Looked to left and to the rig—He stopped his neck muscles from turning and quickly returning the look to the left.

 

 

 

“WAAH!!” he shouted in shock, making him fall from the bed.

 

 

 

He slowly lifted his head again, peeking over his bed. ‘It should be gone by now,’ he thought.

 

 

 

But sadly, it didn’t turn out like that. “GAAAH!!!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter