The Beginning

Formidable Resistance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

­

 

 

Chapter 1 - The Beginning

 

 

 

Outside Earth…

 

 

The angels in heaven were divided into groups. The first was the treasurers. They were the ones who keep the list of people on earth who have the potential of being accepted in heaven. They also help Saint Peter to screen newly died souls if they could enter their world.

 

Then there were the guardians who were sent to earth to guide the people on the list who deserve their guidance. They are randomly assigned to different people.

 

And lastly, there were the knights. They were the ones chosen with the greatest strength among the angels. Their responsibility was to protect everyone else in heaven against the demons, which attempt to breakthrough and gather angels to become like them. Among the groups, they are the only ones who do not know anything about earth and anything related to it. It was as if their minds are set to heaven and heaven alone. It didn’t matter if there were females in the group, for as long as they can prove that they are strong.

 

Angels do not sleep. Angels do not eat. They only sing, play the harp, do their responsibilities and of course, pray. If a soul gets accepted in heaven, he/she will not remember anything related to his/her life on earth. He/she will be trained depending on the group to which he/she would belong to. It would be like a whole new life, which we all know as eternal life. It was how it was supposed to be. Until one day…

 

 

 

“Please tell Warrior Daniel to get their troops ready!!” Treasurer Leo yelled among the treasurer group.

 

 

 

“Why, Treasurer Leo?”

 

“Is there any problem?”

 

“What’s going on?”

 

 

 

The questions from the rest of the treasurers came at the same time.

 

 

 

“I can sense it,” Leo responded. “There’s someone who’s planning a betrayal.”

 

 

 

“BETRAYAL?”! They all repeated.

 

 

 

Everyone stopped working as they asked someone to go to the knights’ place.

 

 

 

 

 

“Warrior Daniel! Warrior Daniel!!” the messenger breathlessly shouted. “Treasurer Leo said get your troops ready!!”

 

 

 

“WHAT?!” Daniel stood up from playing the harp.

 

 

 

The warriors were having a celebration as a welcoming ceremony for their newly recruited soul. She still doesn’t have a name as it would be discussed once the ceremony was over. But the messenger arrived, indicating a new incoming war.

 

 

 

“What’s happening, Warrior Daniel?” another knight, Warrior Gabriel asked.

 

 

 

“We all know Treasurer Leo. He has a strong feeling against traitors and it seems he feels there would be someone who’s planning an attack today.”

 

 

 

The rest of the knights were in panic, but Daniel managed to lead them well.

 

 

 

“Let’s all go to the assigned areas where I put you on our last training. We don’t know who and how many they are. But it’s better if we’re ready.”

 

 

 

All of them quickly obeyed as they flaunt their wings and flew away. All of them except for one.

 

 

 

“You,” Daniel pointed. “You’ll come with me.”

 

 

 

“To where?” the innocent angel asked.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter