❊How we met

No Mercy [EDITING]

Lisa's POV

Who knew the summer breeze at night could be so calming?After a long day of work this is all I need.Some alone time to relax.It's funny because I walk down the same streets everyday but curiously today it feels different.I can't help but to notice that as time goes by it gets colder.I'm easily deceived by the hot weather that heats my room in the mornings and end up freezing at night.

My steps are heavy but can barely be heard because of the cars honking and speeding up on the road.I consider myself a lucky person for not driving but at times like this it would be good to have a car.

I work at a flower shop so I can't really afford one.Well actually I could if I wanted to but having a car isn't a priority right now.Speaking of the flower shop...It's SO tiring to work there.When I first started I thought it would be easy but here I am getting out of work late at night because I had to take care of the flowers.

I don't really talk to anyone in there,just to my boss.He's a really funny guy.The rest of the staff doesn't really like to socialize,which is a shame because I'm actually a very nice girl.

It's dark and I'm the only one walking on the street.I usually take a shortcut but I'm not sure if it's a good idea.There's many ways that lead to my place but they all seem frightening for me to walk on at this time of the night.I guess I have no choice but to keep walking.

I sigh crossing my arms to protect myself from the cold.I know I'll be cold anyway but I'd like to believe it helps.As I'm getting closer to my house I hear some voices coming from a nearby alley.It was a safe trip from my workplace to my house but I knew something was going to happen.

I have the choice between checking out what that noise is all about or just walk in the house.As the curious person I am,I can't resist checking out what's going on in that alley so I walk closer to it and try to see what's happening.

It's dark but I can see three men.One of them seems to be way younger than the other two guys.I wonder what they're doing here.I crouch gettin closer to a wall and hiding behind some garbage containers.They're talking in some language that I can't understand but by their aggressive tone of voice I can tell that they're arguing.

As the talk gets more and more intense someone throws the first punch and a physical fight breaks out.They brutally hit each other.It's an unfair fight since it's 2 vs 1 but the younger one is doing pretty good.What should I do?!I don't think I'm strong enough to get into a fight so I can't really help him but on the other side maybe he deserves it so butting in would cause trouble.

I take another look and see that they're still fighting but as expected the younger guy couldn't take it.He falls to the ground.My eyes widen.Is he dead?!Oh god.Does that make me an accomplice for watching and not doing anything?!Oh god,I should....

Wait a minute.I remember downloading this app on my phone,the other day, that has a set of sounds and lights.Maybe I can fool them by turning on the siren sound.Yeah I guess I could do that but I'm too close.They'd probably come after me too.Think Lisa think...

I take some steps back and sneak out of that alley and quickly run down the street.I take my phone out of my pocket and scroll down my apps.Here it is!I turn my phone's volume to the maximum and click on the siren sound.The sound echoes on the street as I run from one side  to the other.

I place my phone on a bench and watch as the two guys run away,scared of being caught by the 'police'.I knew it!So they're must be in some deep to run away like that.I wait a few seconds before walking back into the alley.

The other guy is still there.His eyes are closed but I don't think he's dead.I put my hand on his chest.Thank god.It's beating but what should I do now?Should I call 911 or leave him here?I should probably not call 911.They make too much questions and I wouldn't know how to answer them.And if he's in fact a criminal I don't think he'd want to go to the hospital anyway.

I can't just leave him here either so I guess I'll take him to my place.Hopefully I won't regret it....

I lift him up in a sitting position and put his arm around my neck.Ok 1,2,3!I stand up with shaky legs and carry him.It took some time but I managed to get to the entrance of the building.He's not as heavy as I thought he would be but he isn't light either.

I look around to check if anyone's at the lobby but thankfully there's no one in there.I walk as fast as I can in the elevator's direction and press the button.I adjust his body position because his arm was starting to slip off my neck.Damnit why won't you stay still?

The elevator's doors open and thankfully it's empty.I get in and press the button to the 3rd floor.I'm lucky that I don't live on the last floor.He moves a little but doesn't wake up.I hope he doesn't open his eyes.It would be a very awkward situation.The elevator stops and the doors open.I prepare myself to get out but I'm taking aback by the sudden presence of Mrs.Jones.

Mrs.Jones is my neighbor who lives on the 2nd floor.She lives by herself ever since her husband died and keeps forgetting things.I wonder what she's doing here.

"Hi Mrs.Jones." I say with a shaky voice tightening my grip on the boy I've been carrying.

"Oh,hello dear." She says getting on the elevator with the brightest smile. "I keep coming to the wrong floor.Things haven't been easy since Robert died."

"I know Mrs.Jones...Hang in there." I say trying to make the talk short.

"What happened to your friend?Is he ok?" She asks concerned trying to touch one of his bruises.I walk out the elevator."Yeah.He,uhm,got in a fight..." I say speed walking to my apartment.

I hear Mrs.Jones pressing a button and unlock my door.Finally at home...I wonder what I should do next.

I lay him down on the couch and go get my first aid kit.I take off his t-shirt and open the kit.I take a clean cloth out to apply some pressure on his cuts,stopping the bleeding.I clean the wounds with a bit of water and apply a thin layer of an antibiotic cream so that he doesn't get an infection.I use bandages to cover and protect the wounds from harmful bacteria.
 
Done!Now I'll just put my first aid kit back in place and wait....
 
I walk out the bathroom and take a proper look at his face.He's actually very cute.I wonder what his eyes look like.I walk closer to him to pick up his t-shirt from the ground.I look at his abs before picking it up.
 
"And hot." I unconsciously say admiring his six pack.I quickly snap out of it. "Ok focus Lisa...strangers can't be hot!" I say looking back at the floor to finally pick up his t-shirt.

"Really?I think I'm actually a pretty decent guy." I hear someone say.

I slowly lift my head and am greeted by a smiling bruised face.I jump in my place.He woke up.What am I supposed to do?What if he attacks me?I get up.

He sits up. "Hm I don't want to sound rude at all but why the hell are you holding that lamp?" He asks looking me right in the eyes.

"Uh me?" I ask nervously laughing and placing the lamp back in its place.

He nods getting up.

Ah now he must think I'm a weirdo...but wait!That's really not what's important right now.I step back. "Uh...I was" I clear my throat. "I was cleaning it!"

He stops in front of me. "Cleaning it?Is that the new way of cleaning things?I should just hold my clothes instead of washing them then.You know,for a guy it would save me a lot of trouble." He ironically says smirking.

I lightly push him back a bit. "W-Why are you so calm anyway?Aren't you going to make any questions?You woke up in a stranger's house for god's sake.Isn't that weird? "

He smiles bitting his bottom lip. "Nah.Not really.I'm used to it." I get a confused look on my face. "Used to it?How so?" I ask arching an eyebrow.

He gets closer to me again and caresses my face.My face widens at the sudden contact.  "The thing is that I'm always getting into fights so waking up in a stranger's house isn't anything new to me.You see dear,there's always a nice person around to save me when I'm losing my battles."

"How do you know I'm a nice person?I could be a murderer." I state taking his hand off my face.

His smile widens. "Well,you don't look like a murderer and plus a murderer would never say that." I also smile. "What if I tell you I'm a murderer?"

He comes in my direction,in a split of a second, putting his forearm against my neck and applying some pressure.I try to move but he's stronger than me.He looks into my eyes as if he was trying to read them.I give up and confess. "Ok ok.I'm not a murderer!I work at a flower shop.Please don't kill me."

He lets go of me and smirks. "I know." He simply says.I get surprised by his words. "You do?How do you know I work at a flower shop?!"

"No silly.I know you're not a murderer.I can recognize a murderer when I see one." I look away. "Oh...but the next time you attack me I'm not going to be this nice." He laughs at my words. "Ok ok.I better not mess with you then." I give him a look. "Hey don't laugh at me!" I say punching him in his abs,which makes him flinch in pain.

"Oh my god.I'm so sorry.I'll bring you a bag of ice." I say rushing to the kitchen.

I open the freezer and take a ice container out of it.I search for a plastic bag on my drawers and manage to find a small and transparent one.I put some cubes of ice in it and return to the living room.

"Hey!Where are you?" I ask when I see Yongguk walking out the door.He stops walking and turns around. "Home." He simply says. "Home?!" I ask perplexed walking in his direction. "You weren't even going to say goodbye?!If you haven't noticed yet,I don't live on the ground floor.I live on the 3rd floor!I had to carry you all the way up here and it might not seem like it but you're heavy ok?You're freaking heavy!"

He smiles again.

"Why are you smiling all of a sudden?" I ask calming myself down.

"What's your name?" He asks finally talking.

Wait...What...why would you want to know my name?

"Lisa...yours?"

"Yongguk."

"Nice name..."

"I know dear." He replies.What a cocky guy...I roll my eyes and lower my tone.

"You know what?I should charge you for the time you stayed in here.Oh,and all the trouble you got me into."

"Is that really what you want?" He asks getting closer to my face.

I nod trying to prove my point.

"Well,then here's your payment." He says pecking my lips and walking away.

My body freezes and my eyes follow his small figure as he walks away.