chapter sixteen

Porcelain Body
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*chapter sixteen;

 

A week had passed since Soah’s night at Luhan's, but nothing had changed. She had thought if she’d spend more time with him on weekends, he would give her freedom and stopped being clingy, but in her eyes, it had gotten even worse. She had promised him to stay more often overnight on Saturdays with the purpose that this should please his wish to spend as much time with her as possible, but obviously, it didn’t work.

Although he knew how busy she was with studying, Luhan didn't change his demeanour. He was around her all the time in school, not taking his eyes off of her even for moment, not before class, not in class, not during breaks, not when she was casually walking around. Whenever Soah turned around, Luhan was there like her second shadow and it got really tiresome.

Luckily, they were just stuck in school during weekdays, but how was it supposed to be on the school trip in a week? They would be together every day for 24 hours. She needed to settle this before things got out of hand.

“Luhan.” she said on that morning before the first class was about to begin. He was sitting at her desk with another chair he had brought along, doing the Rubik’s Cube while she was trying to study.

“Yes?” He lifted his head and looked happily in her eyes.

“What’s this about?”

“What do you mean?”

“You... being around me all the time.”

Soah closed her book and put it away, because now, she really wanted a serious talk. It had been going on for two weeks and now was the point where she couldn’t endure it anymore. Regardless of how much she liked him, no one could cope with this kind of behaviour for too long. Being in a relationship also meant giving each other freedom, not being controlling and respecting each other’s duties, not being selfish. But Luhan was all of them now and inwardly, Soah was so annoyed that she thought she would explode any time.

“I just like being around you, is that too hard to understand?” he answered simply and started playing again.

“There is a difference between ‘like being around someone’ and ‘annoying someone’, you know," she blurted directly, but it was delivered in a meaner way than she had intended to and she immediately regretted being that harsh, for not choosing more proper words.

“What?” Luhan’s hands stopped moving around the Cube. “Am I annoying you?”

When Soah didn’t answer immediately, he looked up, but more worry than anger was what was reflected in his eyes. And maybe even hurt? But of course, how was he supposed to react after being told by his girlfriend that he was annoying her? He might not mean it in a negative way, maybe he was just like that when he was with someone, but if this was the case, he would have been like this from the beginning unless... unless he had lied and really wanted to do it with her as fast as possible. But on the other hand... Luhan wasn’t like this. She was totally sure about it now after their conversation.

He was rather... behaving like he was about to lose her. But she wouldn’t go anywhere. Why then?

“Okay then... If it’s too much for my girlfriend that I just want to be with her...”

Soah didn’t notice that she had been in her thoughts the whole time, staring at the back of her book which lay on the table. Luhan stood up and shifted his chair away as he grabbed his Rubik’s Cube from her table.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter