Wet

Cadet Bommie

After the first gun training, Seunghyun gathered the troop with claps of his hands.

"All right men, that's enough gun training for today. Next, we will have another suprise activity. So, without further ado, please follow me." With that, he started walking off.

Whispers could be heard throughout the troop, but the men hurriedly swung their guns over their shoulders and started following their commander.

Why must he be so mysterious? She wondered as she swung her own gun over her shoulder. But she must admit, this training course was pretty well-thought out and planned. Besides, all these suprises might not be too bad after all. She thought about the scavenger hunt and then vigorously shook her head.

Silly Bom, what the heck are you thinking about?

She followed the troop closely behind, once again deep in thought.

"What do you think we're going to do?" A voice from beside her spoke, she turned to find Jiyong walking next to her and looking at her with an amused expression.

She smiled at the male.

"I have no idea." She said, and he chuckled.

"Seunghyun loves to make people wonder. It's like his efficacy. I wouldn't be suprised if we're going to swim with alligators next."

Seeing her horrified expression, Jiyong laughed.

"I'm just kidding you scaredy cat." He pushed her playfully, to which she responded with a jab of her elbow.

"I don't know....maybe we won't swim with alligators, but eat worms and animal poop."

"Yah! Stop it!" She laughed and smacked him on his arm. He dodged and poked her tummy.

The two laughed and chatted amiably, falling behind the troop.

Seunghyun, who was walking ahead, turned his head and saw Park and Jiyong laughing over something funny; Park was pushing the other male playfully as Jiyong continued to say something that made him laugh.

An unknown feeling rose within Seunghyun. It was the same nagging feeling he felt the time Jiyong carried Park away from the soccer field.

He turned, and continued to walk while trying his best to ignore the feeling churning in his stomach.

-----------------------------------

The troop stopped ahead, leaving her to wonder where all of them were. Jiyong and her followed suit, and stopped among the men to see what was going on.

A smooth, crackling sound invaded her ears. It was like soothing music to her, the sound. It was light, earthy, and smooth like the singing of a bird on a summer morning.

It was then that she realized: they were at a lake.

And there, with his pants rolled up and knee-deep in water, was Seunghyun.

"Today's activity: catching fish." He said with a confident smile on his face.

The men, including her, stood there dumbstruck. She had an eyebrow quirked up in confusion and opened slightly with no sounds coming out.

"Park you'll want to close your mouth. There are lots of flies here." He said, looking at her with amusement.

Embarrassed, she straightened up. Still, her head was still reeling. Catching fish?

The others were in as much a state of confusion as her; they chatted and whispered among each other for quite a few seconds before Seunghyun called them all to attention.

"Please let me explain everyone," He said, sounding like a parent educating children. "In order to do well in the military, not only do you have to be proficient with guns or weapons, not only do you have to have strength and courage, you have to have what is called...craftiness and the ability to adapt. So, let's say you are stranded in the forest while on a mission. What are you going to do to stay alive? What are you going to eat? Survival skills and adaptation are very crucial, and that is why you all are being trained for things like this. Because it's the first time, you guys will only have to learn how to catch fish. Later, we will have more challenging activities. Now before I go ahead, anyone has any questions?" He scanned the men.

They were all silent with their eyes opened wide, looking at him and anticipating. He really did have a way with people, she thought.

He spoke again.

"Okay. So this is the way you can catch a fish with your bare hands. Watch carefully." He said.

He opened his legs wide and bent his knees a little. His eyes were focused entirely on the moving water of the lake, like lasers on a gun on its target. His right hand was poised ready at his side, his brows were furrowed in great concentration.

Once again, he managed to capture her. She didn't know why, but she always found herself entranced whenever he did something.

And then, suddenly, his right hand flew into the water like a spear and he held up a wiggling fish in his hand a few seconds later.

Everyone was watching and gaping in amazement. She herself was speechless. From the looks of it, he might as well have been using a spear.

"Now this is a little bit difficult. You have to be precise, fast, and above all don't scare the fish. It takes training and time; it's going to be easy once you get the hang of it. All right now you all try it. And also: all the fish caught today will be your meal; therefore you better try your best." He released the fish, and started walking back to the ground.

The men started rolling their pants up while chatting with each other excitedly. A lot of them even took their shirts off and were wading in the water buck .

She blushed, and kept her head down as she rolled up her uniform pants. She even took her uniform shirt off, leaving a white T shirt on top. For the moment, she forgot all about being cautious with her secret and started wading through the water of the lake with the others.

The water felt cool and refreshing against her skin, and she relished in the comforting feel of the cold liquid.

She waded to a small secluded area of the lake where there was no one else but her. The others were not far away, their laughter and chatter resounded through the air. Sounds of water splashing were heard as they attempted at what their commanders just did.

She herself was bending her knees and scrutinized the movements under the water. She furrowed in great concentration as her hand poised ready at her side. When her eyes caught the slightest movement of a fish under the water, her right hand flew straight through the water, only to be met with nothingness. She didn't succeed.

She took a deep breath and tried again. And again. And again.

After a few minutes, she was breathing rather heavily. Her sleeves and arms were soaked, hair and sweat dripped down from her hair.

She frowned, and wondered what she did wrong.

"You looked like you've been drowned." 

She turned, and there he was, Choi Seunghyun, standing behind her with that intrigued expression.

"Well can't say I haven't." She muttered, to which he just smiled. 

"You need my help for everything don't you?" He rolled up his sleeves. "Here Imma show you."

Remembering the incident with the guns, she was hestitant to accept his help.

"What are you standing there for?" He asked, pulling her by her hand.

She let him stood close behind her, fixing her posture and guiding her hand while telling her the instructions. She felt a sense of déjà vu as she tried to focus on what he was saying instead of the feeling of his body next to hers.

"All right, now let's try it. When I say 'there' you dive your hand and catch it, okay?"

She nodded, half focused.

"There!" He suddenly shouted after a few seconds.

She reacted instantly, her right hand dove through the water. This time she felt something slimy wiggling in her hand, and as she held it up, she saw that it was a big fish to her delight.

"Hey! I caught one!" She said excitedly with a gleeful expression. The fish wiggled violently against her hold, trying to shake it off.

"That's a pretty big one." He said, with a smile. "I bet it'll make a delicious meal."

Hearing him saying that, her happiness suddenly sank. She really didn't want to kill the fish and eat it. As she looked at the poor thing wriggling in her grip, she reasoned that she was still-at heart-a woman.

She released the fish back to the lake and watched it scurrying away.

"Hey! What did you do that for?!" Seunghyun asked, confused as to why Park released it.

She turned.

"I...just didn't feel like killing it." She said, with a look in her eyes that made the other male stood and stared for a while.

"You're weird." He shook his head, hiding his amused smile.

"Yah! No I'm not!"

"Yes you are."

"Nu uh!"

"Yes too!"

"Nu uh!!!" She said and splashed water on him. She regretted it when she saw his wicked look.

"You're gonna pay for that!" He yelled before splashing water on her nonstop, causing her to dodge it with her hands and closing her eyes.

"Yah! Stop! Stop it!" She giggled loudly as she turned from side to side, her whole body drenched.

He didn't stop, and instead made his advances even stronger. Water was now shooting everywhere. She laughed loudly, causing him to laugh along.

"Hey I said stop!" She yelled amidst her laughter, retaliating by splashing water at him.

Seunghyun didn't know what on earth caused him to be that way, but he thought that Park, dripping wet with his hair glinting in the sunlight, looked...

Well, he thought the guy looked almost....y.

He felt heat rushing to his body and his heart beating rather fast. He ceased the splashing and eventually stopped it.

"Yah! I'm wet because of you!" Park said, wiping his face.

Seunghyun quickly turned to hide his red face. Without a word he hurriedly walked away, wading through the water.

"All right everyone I think that's enough! Let's call it quits for now and head back!" He yelled out.

The men stopped what they were doing and waded back through the water, returning to the ground.

Seunghyun turned, looking at Park who was wading in the water behind him. He scrunched as his eyes caught on something strange.

He saw Park, with his white T shirt clinging to his body, has something strange around the chest area. It was also white, and seemed to wrapped around the guy's chest.

He turned and shook his head, thinking that he was mistaken.

-----------------------------

 

 

 

 

LOL ONE LAST UPDATE BEFORE THE WEEKEND ENDS! 

TELL ME WHAT Y'ALL THINK!

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!

READ, ENJOY, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, VOTE, ADD ME!

SEE YA!