I'm Dat Chick

Cadet Bommie

Her feet were dragging, her arms were hurting, her forehead was drenched in sweat as she balanced the bar that was attached to the two buckets of water on her shoulders.

At the crack of morning, Seunghyun decided to torture them all by making them all do the arduous "exercise" that involved each person carrying two full buckets of water attached to a wooden bar from the lake back to the camp. The commander insisted that they were running low on water anyway.

Yeah right, she thought, this was brutal. She haven't even had the chance to wash her face and now here she was dragging two heavy buckets of water with her. She swore she felt her arms slipping out of their sockets, and she felt a little bit dizzy as the sun beat down on her with its sweltering heat.

She was behind everyone. She lifted her head to look up and saw the others already a distance ahead. She struggled to walk faster, but it was impossible with the heavy buckets at her back. She was still a woman after all.

Suddenly, she felt a shadow looming over her, blocking the sunlight.

"Need some help?" Jiyong asked, looking at her with a grin.

She chuckled wryly.

"Do I really look that desperate?" She asked, heaving a breath as she dragged the buckets with her.

"Well you look like your lungs are gonna pop like balloons anytime soon, so I'll say you need help."

Without time to protest, he took the bar from her with facility and balanced them over his shoulders along with his own heavy bar. She stood there, amazed and relieved and guilty at the same time.

"How do you do that?" He was carrying double the weight, yet he still maintained a constant pace with her as they walked.

"I'm pretty strong. I grew up in a farm so." He said.

She felt really guilty for making him do what was her responsibility. But she'd be lying if she said she was relieved for the chance to relax. Her whole body was already aching.

"Really?" She asked. Now that she thought about it, she didn't know much about him. "What was it like?"

"Well you know the norm: chickens, pigs, cows, rice fields, lazy days under the sun,..."

"Sounds nice." She said. "I've been to the country couple of times. I felt peaceful there."

"Yeah, I felt so myself." He said, with a tone that she couldn't describe. Silence encompassed them both for a moment.

"So did you feed pigs? Milk cows? Stole chicken's eggs? Fly a kite?" She fired a bunch of questions at him to dissipate the silence.

He chuckled.

"Well I did that and then some. But I really was known in the village for being popular among the girls." He chuckled, his eyes turning into small slits.

She furrowed, her nose scrunched up.

"So you're saying you're a womanizer even when you were little? Don't tell me you...roll around in the hay sometimes..." She said, her face blushing.

He laughed out loud at her erse and reached out to hit her lightly on the head.

"No it's not like that. They just have silly crushes on me that's all."

As she looked at Jiyong, she could see how females could go crazy over him. The guy was handsome, nice, kind, and the way those muscles moved under his arms,... Wait what was she thinking?! Snap out of it Bom, she scolded herself.

"A penny for your thoughts?" He asked, disrupting her thinking.

"If you raise it to a dollar I'll consider it." She quipped, causing him to laugh.

--------------------------------

Just when Seunghyun was wondering where those two were, they walked in. Jiyong was carrying his buckets and apparently Park's buckets too. They were laughing over something, and the sight once again roused that strange feeling within Seunghyun's stomach.

"Hey Park! You don't have hands or something? Do it yourself!" Without knowing, he yelled with a commanding tone.

He saw the suprise on Park's face, and felt guilty for a moment when he saw the guy telling something to Jiyong and taking the bar off the latter's shoulders. Park then shifted the bar onto his own shoulders and continued walking with Jiyong, seemingly ignoring Seunghyun.

He didn't know why, but he felt kinda angry.

--------------------------------

The gun went off with a bang, making a hole through the fake paper mannequin that was supposedly her enemy.

She loaded another round of bullets into her gun as she hid behind the barricade. Her mind was jumbled, and right besides her others were shooting as well; their chatting and occasional yelling over the sound of the bullets seemed to be a distant droning. She pulled the trigger again, hitting another mannequin.

Within a few weeks, Seunghyun told everyone that they were ready to move on to the next course in gun training, which was basically practicing shooting a mannequin at close distance and pretend like they were real humans. 

She was now more or less confident with using her gun, even though the thought of having to kill someone with it unnerved her still. But she could felt a change in her, something very much like her inner strength rushing through the tip of her fingers as she pulled the trigger again. 

She changed, she realized. Ever since she entered the military, she changed. Give or take, she was different from half a year ago.

Very different, she mused. Now she was supposedly a man. She had a friend, a frenemy, a gun, a responsibility, strength,..

And a crush.

Whoa Bom what are you talking about?! She shook her head vigorously and erased that ridiculous notion from her head. She focused again on shooting the targets.

The military base probably owned this forest, she thought. She hadn't seen an outsider here, and for a forest to have these kinds of training places and locations was peculiar.

For example, the targets she and the troop were practicing on right now. They were located in a wooden house with a machine attached to them, making them popping out and in over windows and doors for practice purposes.

She was still having some trouble with her aim, missing the target here and there. She was about to go at it again when pain gripped her in the lower region.

She immediately gripped her stomach and sat down. The pain was amplifying, and she didn't know the cause. She didn't get any injuries or detriment, then where did this come from? Did she ate something bad?

She was sitting down with her lips tight in a line, thinking over the possibilities until it hit her.

Shoot, she thought. Ugh she forgot she was a woman.

Gripping her tummy, she limped over to Jiyong who was engaged in his training.

"Hey Ji you know where the bathroom is?"

He turned, giving her a concerned look.

"Down there to the left. Why? Are you okay? You need help?"

"N...nah I'm fine thanks. I'll be right back." She hurriedly walked away in the direction her pointed.

To her suprise, the bathroom wasn't located inside the house. It was some distance away in the trees. It was a shabby little booth, looking like it could fall down at any moment.

Well she didn't have time to worry about it now. She rushed inside a and locked the door.

It was dark inside, and it gave her the creeps. It was evening outside but in there it might as well have been midnight.

She sat there on the toilet,  scolding herself for a few moments for forgetting about her womanly business. She took some tissues to clean up her mess.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps outside. At first they were distant, but then they became more and more distinct. 

She held her breath, praying it wasn't what she thought it was.

"Anyone in there?" A familiar voice asked.

She mentally cursed.

"Hello?" The door was rattling lightly. "Anyone?"

Crap! She knew that voice!

It was Seunghyun's!

Okay Bom don't freak out. Think think think!

"Anyone? If there isn't anyone I'm going to barge in." The door was rattling again.

take mushrooms! She could not let him in!

"Me! I'm in here!" She called out, with a slightly whimpering voice.

There was silence for a few seconds.

"That you Park?"

"Y...yeah."

Seunghyun stared at the door. For a few moments he contemplated if he should leave, but somehow he stood outside.

"How's the training going?" He asked, breaking the silence.

"Good. Working on my accuracy, but overall okay."

Then there was silence again. She hoped and prayed that he wouldn't come in.

"What were you and Jiyong doing in the morning?" He suddenly asked, catching her off guard.

"We...he was helping me a little bit that's all. And we talked."

Seunghyun held himself back from asking her what did they talk about. But inside he wanted to know, he wanted to asked the other male what did he talk about, what did Jiyong say to make the male laugh.

Seunghyun laughed wryly. He was really going insane.

"Are you mad at me?" She asked.

Seunghyun turned and looked at the door again.

"Why?"

"I don't know. You seemed angry this morning."

Seunghyun smiled. That little Pabo, he thought with a sigh.

"No. No I'm not mad." He said.

"Really? I'm glad." She said, and subsconciously she smiled.

Silence fell upon the two for a few seconds. 

"Did you know?" He broke the silence.

"What?"

"There's a story behind this particular bathroom."

Story? She wondered and listened.

Seunghyun decided to mess around with the male for a little bit.

"It was said that long long ago the house belonged to a wealthy couple with a daughter. When she grew up she fell in love with a poor man and got pregnant, and her parents disapproved. So she planned to run away with the man and told the man to meet her at midnight at this bathroom. But the man was detained by her parents, and so he couldn't come to the rendezvous as planned. So the daughter waited and waited, and after realizing the man didn't come, she..."

She listened attentively to the story.

"She what?" She asked curiously.

"She killed herself in this bathroom. Some say that she likes to appear out of nowhere and scared the people out of their skin."

Seunghyun heard some ruckus coming from inside, and within a few seconds Park was out with a horrified expression on his face.

Seunghyun laughed at the guy's face; it looked like he had really seen a ghost.

She gasped, he tricked her!

"Yah! That was not funny!" She stomped and scowled as he hunched over his stomach still laughing.

"You....you actually believe it! Oh god what kind of man are you?" He said between laughs, and she walked away in embarrassment.

Seunghyun shook his head amusedly as he looked at the male walking away. Then he turned and went into the bathroom.

He saw a tissue on the floor, but what caught his attention was something red that was on the tissue. The lightning was bad, so he couldn't tell.

Oh well, he thought as he threw it away.

---------------------------------

 

 

 

 

I'M EXPERIENCING SOME WRITER'S BLOCK =_= BUT NO WORRIES I'LL FIGURE IT OUT :P

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING THIS STORY! HELP ME GET 90 SUBS PLEASEEEEEE

READ, ENJOY,COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, VOTE (I finally figured out how it works xD), ADD ME!

SEE YA! Touch me over here touch me touch me over there