Fate

Aphrodite

Decided against a full part, so it's only half-? (not sure if it actually counts =P) That's why I'm not placing a rated M on this chapter =)

There was an awkward silence as neither of us knew what to say, what to do, what could fix the mess that happened one year ago. The wind swirled around us, sending chills through our shivering bodies.

“What are you doing here?” Luhan made the first move, his voice surprised, to say the least. The expression of shock remained on his face as he continued to scurry backwards, moving away from me until his back met the trunk of a tree. I sighed, running my fingers through my hair, trying to gather my scattered thoughts.

“My scholarship ended. It was a one year thing…” I answered, glad that my voice came out steadier than I felt. Truthfully, my heart felt like it was about to jump out of my chest, the ache that I haven’t felt for so long rematerializing and throwing me off completely. The emotions I felt, the anguish, sorrow, even the anger came flooding back, drowning me beneath the heaviness of it all. Luhan nodded, and fell back into silence, biting nervously on his bottom lip, still avoiding my gaze. I don’t know what it was, but there was a flash of emotion in his eyes that I couldn’t decipher… Was it guilt? Remorse? He was guarded, keeping his true feelings to himself and I felt myself snap.

 

“Is this what you wanted?” I whispered, barely audible. But I know he heard me from the way his eyes flickered to me for a split second before they lowered onto the ground once more. “Is this the reality that you asked for?” I repeated, louder this time and Luhan lifted his head slowly, meeting my gaze.

“I-” he paused, swallowing down the words that I could tell were threatening to spill from his lips. I could feel my forehead creasing with frustration and it took all of my self-control to not just release all of my resentment at his silence.

“Do you even know, or understand, the pain that I went through?” Despite my efforts to remain composed, even I could tell that I sounded desperate and it caught Luhan’s attention, who gained the audacity to move closer to me once more. I lifted my palm up, motioning for him to stop where he was and he halted hesitantly, rubbing his nape awkwardly. I may have initiated this, but I needed time. I needed time to tell him how I suffered and how it changed me. “You were my beloved hyung, the one I trusted the most… and you abandoned me.” I could feel tears prickling at the corner of my eyes, but I sniffled, trying to contain them.

“I did not abandon you,” he said softly, shaking his head. I raised my eyebrow, not believing him one bit.

“What would you call dumping me right after we made love?” He flinched at my question that came out snarkier than intended, but Luhan deserved it... It wasn’t as if I had just told a lie.

“It was for your own good…” he insisted, unwilling to back down. At his words, I could feel myself softening, it was the same conclusion that I had come to when I remembered his crying face… But I couldn’t help the irritation at his lack of consideration regarding my feelings.

“Was it really?” I blurted out. “Did my feelings not matter?” I was honestly curious about this. It’s not that it was a huge secret that I dreamt of studying in America, but I thought that I made my feelings for him crystal clear.

 

Suddenly, I felt warmth capturing me in a tight hug and the sobs that I held back were let loose in an instant. Luhan had his arms tightly wound around my waist, his head nuzzled into the crook of my neck, this position so familiar. It felt right.

“Hush… I’m so sorry…” he whispered, still rubbing small circles on my back.

 

When I finally calmed down, he tried to move away, but something in me stopped him. I let my arms wrap around his petite waist – compared to mine it was – and held him close, breathing in his familiar scent of incomparable sweetness that was uniquely his.

“Why?” I breathed out, turning to gaze straight into his eyes, staring right into his very soul. They shimmered under the dim light, and I could feel him sighing in my arms.

“I couldn’t be the one that took you away from the place that you belonged,” he explained, trying to get out of my grip once more. But this conversation was far from over.

“I belonged with you,” I replied, barely concealing the desperation – or was it anger – in my heart.

“No, you belonged with the stars, not with me on earth.” Luhan was adamantly repeating his words, and to be honest, it was starting to get on my nerves. It seems like we’re going to be stuck in an endless loop with me chasing him as he parrots the same phrase over and over again.

“Didn’t I tell you? You would always shine brighter than any star.” I said the same thing that I did one year ago, and I could see the flash of recognition in his eyes; but as soon as he remembered, he shook his head, as if he didn’t want to remember.
“I don’t-” Wonderful, he was going to deny me ever saying that. So I cut him off.

“When you made me leave, there was only darkness left. Nothing could compare to your sparkle that lit up my world.” And it was true. The anger and depression I felt was so bad, to the point that it blinded me into endless practise and nothing else.

“But in my eyes, you were the one that sparkled the most,” he answered, and I could tell that he was losing his cool, becoming more agitated by the second. I could feel the turning point getting closer and closer.
“Then why did you push me away?” I questioned, shaking him by the shoulders – not too hard of course.

“I told you already!” he snapped, and pushed me on the chest. Hard. I stumbled backwards, landing on my , letting out what was admittedly not the manliest of squeals.

 

“Oh my gosh! Are you okay?” Luhan’s eyes were as wide as when he first saw me, his voice panicked. He quickly bent over me, tilting my head up to look at him. Before he could move away, I crashed our lips together, pushing him backwards to join me on the damp grass. I knelt down on all fours, trapping him beneath me.

“Tell me that I don’t belong with you,” I challenged, pinning his wrists down.

“You don’t,” he continued to stubbornly refuse and I felt myself snap.

“Let’s see how you respond after this,” I growled, moving my face to his neck. I let my tongue trail over his porcelain skin, tasting him like I hadn’t tasted him in a year. on the sensitive skin, I observed the bloom of red roses against the pale cream, smirking at Luhan’s lack of words. I could tell that he was holding in his moans, biting down on his bottom lip so hard that it looked like it would bleed. But I wasn’t going to let him get away with that. I was going to get what I want and teach him a lesson for making me suffer for so long. My lips ghosting over his jawline, I dared him to speak up once more in a low whisper. “Tell me that you don’t feel anything.”

“I- I do-” he stuttered, face flushed red, and I captured his lips before he could say anymore. His protests were muffled by my lips moving against his, and although he resisted at first, he soon responded just as eagerly. Luhan’s fingers grabbed at my hair, parting his lips as he moaned hotly into my mouth. My hand sneaks down to his belt, quickly undoing it and pulling down Luhan’s jeans. I pulled away from the kiss, moving my head down to meet his hard member. With his boxers still on, I rub my nose against , applying only a slight pressure onto it.

“Tell me you don’t love me.” I let my hot breath drift along and he let out another sultry moan

“Se-Sehun…”

 

At the sound of my name coming from his lips, I paused. It was the first time in a year that I had heard him call my name. Even tonight, he had avoided saying it… I backed away, feeling the tears prick up once more.

“I’m so sorry… I went too far,” I mumbled incoherently, trying to clear my head of the haze that made me act the way I did. I can’t believe I almost forced myself onto Luhan. He sighed in relief, his shoulders relaxing instantly – until he observed the tears streaming down my face.

“Don’t cry anymore, not tonight, not ever,” murmured Luhan, reaching out to brush his cold fingertips against my cheeks, catching the stray tears that were escaping.

“But I just don’t know what to do anymore…” I probably sound like an insecure child, but that’s exactly what I feel like. My parents are sure as hell not going to want me now that I’m back. And I have nowhere else to go. Nowhere I would want to be anyways.

“Stay with me.” I turned to face the source of the voice, and sure enough, it was Luhan. Were my ears deceiving me? “Stay with me,” he repeated.

 

“Are you sure?” I was baffled. Why did he change his stance so quickly?

“I- I don’t know if you’ll ever be able to trust me again… But I really was trying my best to put your interests first. It’s just that, seeing your tears, it made me realize that I’m the cause of them. I promised myself that I would never make you cry ever again…” He looked so genuine, and my heart was just yearning to believe him. But my brain still wasn’t ready.

“Do you promise not to make me leave ever again?” I whispered, unable to conceal the worry in my voice. I was afraid of what the future would hold for us… I had lost him once, and the prospect of losing him again after getting my hopes was… well, let’s just say that I didn’t really want to go there.

“I do…” he replied, hooking his pinkie around mine, pressing his lips to the intertwined fingers to leave a lasting kiss to seal the deal. At the gesture, I became peaceful, letting myself drown in the reassurance I could feel radiating off of Luhan’s body.

 

Fate. I wonder if she’s following the orders of Venus or Aphrodite this time. Well, I guess it doesn’t matter. Either way, she’s still the Goddess of Love and I pray with all of my heart that she’ll bless this love of ours.

~

I sincerely hope that this chapter was not a disappointment ._. It felt like I was just going orund and round in circles so yeah...

Anyways, thank you for sticking with me through it all and I hope that you at least enjoyed it a bit ^-^

Feel free to check out my other stories if you haven't already done so =) In my opinion, they're better than this one although I don't know if you guys would agree or disagree xD

Leave your thoughts and feedbacks in the comments below and thank you so much for reading <3