Apple 4

You are the Apple of my Eyes

Suddenly, I realized that the music stopped. I slowly opened my eyes. Kyahh! It was Taeyang was standing in front of me!!! It almost scared me to death. 'Taeyang!....I'm so sorry...I'm really late.' 

He didn't get mad, he just smiled, 'It's alright.'

'Wait! So, it was your voice just now!' I asked excitedly.

'yeah..it was Frankie J's....' 

'Don't wanna try!' I blurted out.

'Noona, you know this song too?' 

'Yes, I love this song so much.'

He patted his head and smiled shyly. 'So...how was it?'

'Um....' He was looking at me nervously kekeke. 'It was the best singing ever!!! Your voice was so mild and warm. Zang!' I thumbed up.'

He killed me with his smile again. 'Thank you noona!...Why don't you come in?' Then I followed him in to the practice room.

'Okay. So..I heard that you are already a singer in Philippines?' He asked me.

'Yes...but more of an actress.' 

'I see...but can you try to sing a song that you know for me?'

Omo...sing a song? In or Out? Kyah! It was so embarrassing. Especially when I needed to sing to only one person! 

'HA...HAHA...uh...okay..' 

'Take it easy noona...may be sing a song you like?'

A song I like? Oh, I would sing this. 

Then I started,

'When you love someone so deeply. They become your life. It's easy to succumb to overwhelming fears inside. Blindly I imagined I could. Keep you under glass. Now I understand to hold you. I must open up my hands. And watch you rise. Spread your wings and prepare to fly. For you have become a butterfly. Fly abandonedly into the sun If you should return to me. We truly were meant to be So spread your wings and fly Butterfly.'

'This will be the song! This song fits you well noona.' Taeyang blurted out. 

'Really? I am really happy. I love this song so much. It is called Butterfly by the way. Thank you Taeyang.' I smiled at him.

'Although you still have some problems on singing techniques, you will improve eventually.' He smiled back.

I knew it very well, my singing skill were poor, he was just being nice. But I love singing, you know, singing is my passion. I won't give up. That's why I came here, to improve.

'Taeyang?'

'Hm?'

'Taeyang Taeyang.'

'What? Noona.' He chuckled a bit.

'Why are you called Taeyang?'

'It just came out like this. I don't know too.' He chuckled again.

'Youngbae?'

'Hm?'

'I like Youngbae more. Youngbae.'

'Sandara.'

'Yah! Call noona.'

'Sandara Sandara.'

'You are being rude dongsang.'

'Why are you called Sandara?'

'Yah! Stop imitating me!...well...it just came out like that. I don't know too.' We both chuckled.

'Are we being too bored?' He asked.

'I guess so. Youngbae ah, you sing so well, teach noona some techniques.'

'Nah, I'm not good enough. But, I think I can still teach you.' 

Youngbae taught me singing techniques like how to breathe when singing, how to really sing, but not using the throat, stuff like that. In between, we chilled a lot about our plans for future. He would soon become a star. And me? I felt lost. I felt insecure for my future, my family. 

JIYONG's POV

'Jinah ah!' I shouted excitedly as I saw Jinah standing at the balcony, leaning on the handrail.

She waved at me and smiled,' Jiyong ah.'

'It's cold outside, why didn't you wait for me in our old place?'

'Jiyong ah, I told you not to call me Jinah. I'm your noona.'

I ignored her, 'Jinah Jinah Jinah ah.' I said playfully.

'Such a stubborn child.' She said nonchalantly which made my heart shrinked.

'How do you call me a child! Jinah ah, I am not a child, I am just 1 year smaller than you!'

'You are still a child to me. Child!' She patted my head.

I just pouted,'Why are you here by the way?' 

'Oh, I am here to see...'

'Chaejun hyung?'

'Yes...Chaejun oppa...'

Then silence broke in. I leaned at the handrail and looked at the sunset. 

'How beautiful is the sunset!' She finally said.

'Yeah...'

'Jiyong ah, Chaejun oppa and I...'

'I understand.' I tried to smile.

'Jiyong ah...'

'I understand, Jinah.' I chuckled bitterly. 

'Good that you understand.' She sighed. 'It's getting late. I need to be back to the dorm. Bye Jiyong. We are still...good friends...right?'

'Yes...I guess so...' I said then she left. I felt like thousands of arrows were shot on my heart. I panted heavily. I kneed down. Everything around turned black and white. The world world was spinning like crazy. Jinah ah...I didn't know that was the last time I could call you Jinah. I should have hugged you. I should have said that I love you for the last time. I should have said that I wouldn't give up on you. I should have hold your hand and told you to stay. Gosh...I should have done many things. Kwon Jiyong, you are such an idiot! 

Youngbae. I grabbed my phone and tried to call him. No matter how many times I called him, he just wouldn't answer. I threw my phone to the ground with all my strength. No. The world was leaving me. I was alone. No one was by my side. I hate this. I hate this feeling! Just then, I saw someone picked up my phone.

'Aigooo. What a waste! Yah, ert Kwon Jiyong. What are you up to?' 

I knew this voice. I raised my head. Sandara Park.

'Omo! Are you crying? What...What happened?'

I didn't answer her.

'Yah! Kwon Jiyong! Don't scare me!'

I just stood there staring at the ground. 

'It's not going to work. Follow noona!' 

I didn't follow. I couldn't move my legs. I was afraid that I would collapse. Then, someone held my wrist and pulled me somewhere. 

'Yah! Kwon Jiyong! You better answer me!' A voice broke in and that was the time I realised I was in a park.

'huh?....oh...hi noona.'

'Did I just hear the word 'noona'? Omo...why am I getting goosebumps? Grrrr....anyways, there is no one here. Tell me, what happened?' She said, 'I'm trying to help you Kwon Jiyong. Everyone needs someone to talk to, especially when...'

'She left me.' I said.

'Neh? That girl! Who is she? Tell noona and I will beat her! How dare she dump my cute donsang!' 

I chuckled,'She was never mine. We had never been together...'

'Ah...I see...Why didn't you confess?'

'I confessed...twice already...and now...she is with another guy...'

After a few moments, she finally spoke, 'You should let go.'

'Let go?' I laughed bitterly. 'How? 2 years! 2 years for God sake!'

'Let go! Kwon Jiyong! You are still young. There are a lot of girls better than her in the world!'

'No! You would never find a girl better than her! She is...she is perfect...just perfect..' My voice became husky.

'No one's perfect in this world! No one! Wake up! This is not the end of the world! You need to move on!'

'Move on? How about you huh?' 

'What do you mean?' 

'How about your ex-boyfriend? He cheated on you huh? You were still crying for him just now!' 

*CLAP*

I felt like my face was burning. Dara slapped me. I was about to fight back. But I saw her teary eyes.

'Don't say anything if you know NOTHING!' She shouted with her husky voice. 'JERK!' Then she ran away. 

'Yah...Yah!' I shouted, but she never turned back. I think I was a bit too much...? 

DARA's POV

That jerk! He knew nothing! He didn't have the right to say anything! What? I was crying for that man? NEVER! I would never cry for that man! I stopped when I realized my right hand was shaking crazily. Omo, did I just slap Kwon Jiyong? Aish...I didn't know what happened to me, I couldn't control myself. I ran and ran until I arrived outside the dorm. I wiped my tears off and opened the door. 

'I'm back,' I said.

'Oh, are you?' Pink who is sitting on the sofa said. 'Omo! did you cry?'

I faced down without answering.

'You did.' She said nonchalantly then stood up and walked towards me. 'I don't know how to comfort people. Here.' 

'What?' I asked and I saw her handing a black plastic bag to me.

'Take it when someone gives you something!' She said impatiently.

'Neh...neh...' Once I took the bag, she immediatedly walked to the bedroom.

I smiled when I saw what was inside the bag. And I was shocked, to be honest. I abruptly ran to the bedroom.

'Pink!' I shouted excitedly.

She said while lying on her bed , 'Don't be too touched. I was a bit emotional that day...and...' 

'Thank you!' I cut her off. 

'Yah. Stop that grin. I don't owe you anything now. Mark it.'

'Yah...do it nicely if you want to appologize huh?' A voice behind me said.

It was Sabra. She was dying her hair with a towel. 

'Aish! Unnie!' She got up and shouted at Sabra then she looked at me, 'I was not appologizing. Don't get it wrong!'

I smirked. I was touched, really. The phone my mother bought me was very hard to find in Korea, since it was a Philippines brand. But, she found it! Although it wasn't the one that mother bought me, but I was still very happy. I was thinking how me and Pink could stay together for months. Now I think we could try get along. This day wasn't a bad day at all exept the part with that jerk! Sigh...I shouldn't be thinking this anymore. The singing performance is the day after! Gah! I need to practice a lot! 

The day of performance-----------------------------------

Sandara Park, you can do this. This is not your first time right? Right, calm, you are a professional already. Kyahhh! I couldn't stand it any more! This is the first time I perform in Korea and the other trainees all sang so well. Okay, I needed to calm down now. Dara, remeber what Youngbae taught you about the breathing skills and just be yourself. I was 30 minutes early for the lesson. I was sitting alone in the classroom, panicing. Suddenly I heard some footsteps nearby the door. I looked and surprisingly, it was Youngbae! 

'Youngbae! How did you come? I mean why?' I was surprised and I laughed.

'To support you, of course, noona.' He smiled.

'Thank you, dongsang. But I will seriously be very nervous if you are going to watch me singing.'

'Why? I believe this is not the first time I'm going to hear you sing.' 

'*Sigh* I don't want to disappoint you...' I pouted.

'Just do your best noona, I know you can do it. But...if you really don't want me to watch you sing, I will just go.' He was a bit disappointed.

'Sorry Youngbae ah...'

'It's okay. Fighting! Aza!' He put his fist up.

'Yes thank you. Aza!!!' I put my fist up also.

Look, Youngbae is much more understanding than that jerk. After Youngbae left, my classmates started to fill the classroom. Time was flying. And finally, the teacher, Miss Han stepped in. 

Miss Han started, 'Okay, class, I suppose you guys have prepared well for today's performance. But, I think all of you should be informed about one thing.' She stopped while some of the classmates whispered something. 'Which is, your singing today, will be live broadcasted in the whole centre.'

People started gasping in fear, including me. I looked at Minzy helplessly who was sitting beside me. Kyah!!! Ottokae! I just calmed myself down a bit, what now? Live broadcast? You must be kidding me! 

Miss Han continued, turned down the noise we made, 'Which also means that, all people in the cafeteria, in the lobby, in the corridor and everyone else except people in the classrooms having their lessons is going to hear your voices. Everyone of you. Is it understood? So, I hope you guys can really show us the best you've got. Okay, shall we start?' No one answered. 'I'll take that as a yes.' She pick up a box with a hole on top from the floor. 'To make it fair, I'm going to draw. So, let's see, who is going to be our lucky number one?' She said as she started drawing from the box. She finally took a white piece of paper out which made her red nails stood out more. Everyone was nervously looking at the paper. The classroom was filled with silence. Only the sound of the paper being unfolded was heard.

Miss Han smirked, 'Our lucky number one is...Sandara Park!' 

Wha...what? Did Miss Han just said 'Sandara Park'? Kyah!!! It's me!!! Why? WHY!! Why me, out of the twenty of us. Just then, I realized all the 20 pairs of eyes were on me. I felt a hand placed on my mine. It was Minzy's. She nodded her head firmly at me. Yes, Dara, what was so scary about this. Just a song. I stood up and walked to Miss Han. I handed her the instumental CD recording of 'Butterfly' to her. Then I walked to the middle, in front of the microphone stand. I closed my eyes. 

Just share your sorrows with me if you have any, okay? I will always be right behind you.

Just do your best noona, I know you can do it. 

Dara ah, no matter what happens, omma will always be supporting you. Stay strong.

My heart beats were not speeding up any more, instead, I felt calm. The music started. 

Author's POV

Dara began to sing, 'When you love someone so deeply. They become your life. It's easy to succumb to overwhelming fears inside. Blindly I imagined I could. Keep you under glass. Now I understand to hold you.'

At the same time, Youngbae was listening in the cafeteria, holding his cup of chocolate, smiling. 'She did it.' He thought.

' I must open up my hands. And watch you rise.

Jiyong who was at the locker area, was also listening. He smirked, 'Butterfly...'

Spread your wings and prepare to fly. For you have become a butterfly. Fly abandonedly into the sun If you should return to me. We truly were meant to be So spread your wings and fly Butterfly.'

Dara remembered the things she had gone through in the Philippines. How she had overcome the obstacles and became what she was now.

'I can't pretend these tears aren't over flowing steadily I can't prevent this hurt from almost overtaking me But I will stand and say goodbye for you'll never be mine.

She thought of Minzy and all people helped her so much. And Kwon Jiyong. Tears suddenly flowed down. He made her remembered her father. He made her remembered that she still cared about her father. And she hated this.

'Until you know the way it feels to fly Spread your wings and prepare to fly For you have become a butterfly Fly abandonedly into the sun.'

Everything seemed like a dream after all. Seemed so unreal

From a shy high school girl to now, a celebrity.

 

'If you should return to me We truly were meant to be So spread your wings and fly Butterfly So flutter through the sky Butterfly, fly Spread your wings and fly Butterfly.'

The song ended. There was a dead silence. After a few moments, people started to applaud. Dara opened her eyes nd was surprised.  She smiled and bowed. And the applaud sound went louder. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

huhuhu T_T I'm very very very x 1000000 sorry....I wasn't able to update my fanfic...because I was having my exams and I went to trip right after that. So sorry about this. Again, please feel free to leave comments below and ask me any questions ^_^ v looking forward to your feedback!