Apple 1

You are the Apple of my Eyes

 

2005 march
*On a sunny friday afternoon, in the YG entertainment CEO office.
The office is really big and beautiful. On the wall side, there are 5 shelves full of the bearbrick collection, many of them are limited version, beside the shelves, there stands a giant robot modle which is about 2 meters high. In the middle of the office, there is a long grey sofa with a few pillows on. On the opposite side of the shelves, there goes a brown thin office desk with a computer and two high quallity speakers on and a black high-back executive chair at the front. On the side of the shelves and the office desk, there are huge wall windows showing the nice view of outside. With no doubt, this is a well-designed office.
On the executive chair, there sit a man with a brown flat cap, he was facing the window, holding a cup of coffee, carefully sipping some from time to time.
 
*the phone rang* 'Hello?' after a few seconds, a curve formed on the edge of his lips.
 
'Let her in' 
 
After a few minutes, there goes a weak knock on the office door, 'Come in' the man instructed. The door is opened carefully and slowly. A young and fresh looking girl stepped in shyly. She fixed her hair and pulled her hoodie down uneasily, she roamed her eyes around the room, obviously not enjoying the judging eye-sight of the man whose eyes were glancing her from head to toe. The man finally got up and walked to the girl.
 
'*smiled*Hello, I am Yang Hyun Suk, the founder of YG entertainment. You can call me sazhanim. Nice to meet you.' the man stretched out his right arm to her.'Don't you want to introduce yourself? Don't be shy, take it easy.' 
 
The girl frowned and answered with a serious tone ' Yang sazhanim, nice to meet you too! I am Sandara Park from the Philippines! Thank you for inviting me to attend the workshop classes in YG! I will do my best and......'
 
'hey hey hey, hahahha slow down girl, do you think you are in the military or something? Chill. Let's sit. We'll talk SLOWLY.' The two sat on the sofa and begin their talk.
 
'Sandara, sandara, what a unique and beautiful name.'
 
' Thank you, sazhanim. You can call me Dara.'
'Very well, Dara, I am really glad that you are able to come. Not much to say, i just want to see you in person. I watched your documentary 'I am Sandara Park' and I also watched a few of your movies. You are very talented. As I mentioned in the letter, you will be a YG trainee in these 6 months, and if you decide to join our YG family, the door is always open. So, you can start moving in to the trainees dorm beside this building. The lady outside will tour you around and bring you to your room. You are so quiet, any questions?'
 
'Um...Thank you sazhanim! I will work hard in this period of time.' Dara abruptly stood up and bowed.
 
It almost freaked Sazhanim out 'You are...a very interesting and unexpected person eh? Hahaha anyways...you can go when you are ready. Settle down and rest for a few days, feel free to walk around. The classes will start on next monday.'
 
'Sazhanim, then I will go now, thank you so much!' Dara bows again. 'Hahaha alright, see you soon.'
 
Sazhanim stood up and walked towards the door while Dara followed. He opened the door and looked at the latter stepping out carefully and bowed to him agiain 'goodbye, sazhanim!'
 
'alright, Bye!' After the door had shut, a lady out of nowhere appeared beside the lift doors.
 
'Hello, you must be Sandara Park.' the lady wearing a black high wraist short dress, a sky blue top and a  pair of high heel shoes, smiling at Dara.
 
'Yes, I am.' 
 
'I  am one of Mr. Yang's secretaries and I am in charge of all things related to the dorm. You can call me Louisa. Let me tour you around the YG training center and the dorm. Oh, and your lugguages are already placed in the dorm.'
 
Dara smiles back 'Thank you Louisa.' 
 
After a 10 minutes walk, they finally reached a 3 storey high residential building.
 
Louisa declares' This is the dorm. You are staying on the third floor. And you will have 3 other trainees who are going to stay with you. Let's go up!'
 
Dara gazed around with wonders when she stepped in the dorm, like she has never seen one before. Dara stretched out her arms and took a deep breathe.
 
'Ah! That's the feeling! Kekeke' then she ran and jumped around the dorm like a child that she almost forgot about the lady who was watching her in amaze until she the lady made a cough. 'Ehem!' Dara finally realises the lady was still standing there.
 
'Omo! Sorry, Louisa onni. I am just too excited and happy about this place.'
 
'Hahaha....nevermind, let's meet downstairs after an hour and I will tour you around the YG training centre. You can place your things and stuff like that.' Then Louisa stepped out of the dorm and turned around to Dara, roaming her eyes around the dorm. 'Uh...Dara....just be calm...and ya....make sure you don't break anything okay? Calm down.'
 
Dara throws out a playful smile'Okay...kekeke don't worry onni! See you then!' then the door closed. Louisa just smiled while shaking her head and walked into the lift. 
 
Dara's POV
 
wahhhh this is the dorm~~~kekeke I am so excited about my dorm life! Hope that my dorm mates are all easy going and nice ke. There are two bunk beds. Hm....which bed should I use? Okay, I will go for the left underdeck bed. Weehee~ I swung myself into the bed. Wahhh...this is way too comfortable after a flight and the nerve cracking meeting with sazhanim. I almost fell asleep as I suddenly remember the after-1-hour meeting with Louisa onni. I took a quick shower and packed my stuff into the wardrobe. Then I called my family in the philippines. 'Omma, I safely arrived in Korea, the dorm is reallly pretty and the sazhanim is very nice (blah blah)..... I miss you~ muahhh I gotta go omma. Take care~' After the call, I just quickly rushed down wearing a hoodie with a sandy (the character in the spongebob squarepants) on it. 
 
'Louisa onni!' I shouted. 
 
'Hey, is everything alright?' She asked, why am I feeling that she is  worried?keke whatever.
 
'Yes! Let's go~'
 
'Good then. Let's go!' 
 
After a 5 minutes walk, we finally arrived to the YG training centre. The training station was really big. When I say big, I mean it is really really super big.  There were fifteen floors. I followed Louisa onni and she toured me around, telling me where the canteen is, where the practice rooms are, and she also gave me a lesson timetable. Louisa onni brought me to the tenth floor, where the dance studios located at.
 
'We have 10 dance studios on this floor, they have different sizes, but they are all huge. Before using the studios, you must book at the office on the 2nd floor.'
 
I knoded knowingly.
 
'Let me show you one of the studio.' onni suddenly turned around 'And, the biggest one' she winked and continue walking.
 
After we turned a corner, a bunch of people,no wait, a bunch of GIRLS were crowded outside a studio.
 
Louisa smiled at me 'Looks like the Dragon is in use~' What?The dragon?
 
'Kyah! Onni! Kekekkeke what are you talking about, is it the dragon in the fairy tails? Don't tell me you still believe in...'
 
'Ya! Do I look like a kid that still believe in those things? Stop eyeing on me like this.' she continued as she was walking towards the crowd. 'Let me tell you, the Dragon is only a soubriquet. To be exact, he is called G-dragon.'
 
'oh! So the dragon is a boy? Kekeke ' I chuckled. Where on earth did the name come from?
 
'Ya! I'm serious. I tell you, G-dragon is a legend in YG. He is really chic. *wink* And, this is what happens everytime he practice dancing.'
 
She turned her head to the studio and I also did. Behind the big wall window, I only saw a black shadow dancing hip hop. I think it was the light problem, the lighting was so dim, but I can't deny....it was indeed a very *cough* enchanting dancing. It was too late when I realised I was in the middle of the crowd! Kyah! How am I suppose to get out of here! People were pushing each other and they started shouting 'G-dragon~~~' Kyah! The next thing I knew was I was under people's feet! Gah! What the heck is happening to me! 'Ouch! Ah!' I yelled. All of a sudden, the world turned quiet. Am I deaf? Kyah! OTTOKAE! I just came here and the first day, I turned deaf! I covered my ears  with fear and tears pending. Then, I heard the most gentle voice I had ever known.
 
'Miss, are you okay?' And a hand stretched towards me.
 
The first thing that came to my head was....'Kyah!!! I'm not deaf!' I shouted out and jumped with joy. 
 
AUTHOR'S POV
 
Dara totally ignored the hand stretched to her. She was too busily jumping and shouting. While Louisa was too embarrassed that she couldn't exist and pulled Dara away from the crowd. After a few seconds, Dara already found herself outside the training center.
 
Louisa look at Dara helplessly. 'Yah! This was the first time you came here, what impression did you give them? And....and in front of g-dragon! You!'
 
'Sorry....Onni..I really thought I was deaf...you know...the screaming of the girls...'
 
'okay....hmph....make sure you know what you are doing...or people will mock you with it...do you know the danger of this circle?'
 
'yea....sorry onni...I will beware if it...' On the other hand, a young man smirked and was still hanging on to the accident just happened. 
 
GD's POV
 
Okay...I know I was beaming like a simpleton...but I just couldn't help it. I could't stop thinking about the girl...the...squirrel? Buhahahha right the deaf squirrel. She really was different. She was one of a kind.
 
'yah! Jiyong! Stop that grin....it's creeping me out bro!' my best friend plus brother entered the practice room and saw my...uh...retarded smile?
 
'Youngbae! You finally came! Let's start practicing. Zha!' I pushed him infront of the mirror. He obviously still couldn't get why I acted like that. 
 
DARA's POV
 
After the visit to the YG training center, Louisa onni brought me back to the dorm. She talked a lot. She told me to act smart and if someone bullies me, tell her immediatedly. She told me about many things that she knew about the trainees' bad experiences and told me to not to follow their steps. She worried about me a lot, I can feel that, to be honest...I'm touched kekeke. 
After I stepped into my dorm, I noticed that I was not alone. There were voices. Oh crap! Odoke! I was not ready to meet them! Kyahh! How should I greet them? I tried to sneek into the toilet with my so-called-mouse-posture into. Suddenly, someone tapped on my shoulder kyahh! Great, I was discovered.  
 
Author's POV
 
'Sandara Park?' A young girl tapped Dara's shoulder.
 
Dara slowly turned around and let out a few fake chuckles.'An..anyeong! I am Sandara Park. Just call me Dara. And I will be living with you starting from today. Let's be friends! Oh! And I am not sure which bed is mine so I just randomly...'
 
Dara spitted the words like a machine gun and suddenly she found 3 pairs of eyes staring at her with amaze. 'kyahhhh! Sorry, Um...I am Sanda.....'
 
'Onni! We heard that already kekekkeke calm down keke you don't need to be that nervous...?'
 
'HAHAHA. Sorry....'
 
'I'm Minzy. I am the maknae(the youngest in korean) keke nice to meet you~Dara onni' The girl smiled at Dara.
 
'I'm Pink.' Another girl with highlighted pink long hair looked at Dara from head to toe with a dull face.
 
After a few moments of dead air, Minzy elbowed the girl with a pony tail. Then the girl remarked maliciously with a high pitch voice
 
'Oh hi! I guess you are the oldest here....um..so be comfortable ONNI. And...I've heard that you are a celebrity from Philipines? Why are you coming here? I guess here is not a place for you. Don't get me wrong, but I don't really understand why you are here. Or should I say because you not good enough to be a celebrity?'
 
Dara was frozen on the spot and she didn't know how to react.
 
'Uh...I....uh...'
 
Then the catty girl rolled her eyes and left the scene and the pink- hair-girl followed. There left only Dara and Minzy.
 
'Onni....are you okay? Sabra onni just...uh...not good in expressing themselves..she didn't mean that....I hope you don't mind' Minzy tried to comfort Dara.
 
Surprisingly, Dara just smiled at Minzy as if nothing had happened.
 
'Kekeke Thank you Minzy! I'm alright! I'm so gonna eat a lot tonight. Gah! I'm hungry, let's go eat?'
 
Minzy was still amazed by Dara's reaction. 'Neh...neh...hahaha okay....let's go eat!'
 
'wait, I need to change my clothes first' Dara rushed to her closet and grabbed a few garments then quickly went into the toilet and locked the door. She leaned her back against the door and let the trembling legs fall.  She covered her face with her palms. Tears dropped uncontrollably.