Onew Sangtae

Drabbles

Onew has always been a little more clumsy then other people. He had a tendency to get caught up in the moment and not notice when there was something(or someone) in his way, and it would take him a second to realize the floor underneath him had suddenly disappeared. If he was tired enough you could be sure to see him walking into things with his eyes closed, or falling because his body thought the harsh wooden floors of Shinee’s dorm where just as good as any mattress on the market. At first his close friendship with the ground was a bit worrying for those around him, but over time— with the way Onew always smiled and laughed like tripping and falling was the funniest thing in the word— his klutzy nature became endearing.

Although Onew fell, he always got up. He laughed, hid whatever pain he might have felt, and went on with his day. Maybe later he would even abuse his known clumsiness and turn it into a joke using his own special(and cringe worthy) brand of humor, doing body gags that made fans question if his klutzy nature was really just an act and attempt to be cute and get attention.

So when Onew fell off stage fans didn’t know how to feel. The rest of the members, although concerned, continued dancing because Onew had fallen before— plenty of times— and he aways got up. Why wouldn’t he now?

But Onew didn’t get up, he couldn’t. Although he might smile and giggle with every trip or fall, a scrapped knee is still a scrapped knee, and getting knocked unconscious after falling off a seven foot stage really isn’t all that abnormal.

Even if Onew has worked hard to keep people from worrying about him, he’s still human, he’s still vulnerable, and that’s why after a solid minute of Onew simply lying on the ground, laid down and motionless while a few members of backstage staff trying to help him out, he was taken to the hospital.

It’d be awhile until he could pull off another body gag and get people to laugh at him.