In which Jonghyun is homeless and Jinki isn't

Drabbles

“You can stay at my house if you want,” he offers, but even after the all the small talk they’ve just had it’s still really sudden, awkward, and spur-of-the-moment.

“uhh..” Jonghyun replies dimly, not sure how to react because although he and Jinki went in high school together, they where never really that close. Not close enough for Jinki to offer him a place to live, anyway.

“You need a permanent address to get a job right?I’ve got a spare room.”

Jonghyun is cautious. Jinki might become a serial killer in the past couple of years, after all. Having a place to live would be nice though. “Are you sure?”

“Yeah. I was planning on getting a room mate at some point, anyways. Better you then a stranger, right?”

Jonghyun sighs, “I literally have nothing, Jinki. I can’t split the rent with you—”

“—And I’ve got a high-paying salary working as a photographer for a high-end magazine. Stop worrying about it,” Jinki smiles. “Besides, with that golden voice of yours you’ll be famous in no time. Crawling in money.”

“Alright I get it. No need to rub your wealth in my face,” Jonghyun says, lifting himself up and at lest attempting to brush the dust off his pants. “So, where do you live?”

Jinki smiles again, already feeling a tug in his chest telling him he’ll regret this at some point down the road.

“Right this way.”