Chapter 4 - Just Like Back Then, But Different

Night after Night

They made their way to the car after Youngbae had put on some new clothes.

"Jiyong, where are we actually going to?", Bae asked when he sat down in the passenger seat. "You said we would meet up with the guys, but where?"

"It's a surprise.", Jiyong grinned. "Well, not really, but you will like it, I promise."

Youngbae chuckled. "Sure." 

They had not prepared anything special. It was not like they were going to eat at an expensive restaurant they had booked only for themselves. They were not going to surprise Youngbae with baloons and fireworks either. It was simply a dinner and luckily, Daesung had managed to persuade his parents to give him the key to their beautiful holiday house which was located near the Han-river. The five friends were going to spend the rest of the day there, talking, laughing, eating and simply relaxing. It would be enough for them, since they had not been together for such a long time.

Of course they could have went outside, in a club or something. But Jiyong had kindly asked Daesung to skip that part after noticing how fragile Youngbae indeed was. He wouldn't be able to stand the hotness, stickiness and narrowness between all those drunk people and Jiyong had to listen to the nice doctor who had remarked that his boyfriend should not overdo it. Furthermore, after what had happened earlier, Jiyong was not sure how Youngbae would handle seeing other people all dressed up and hyper while he himself was wearing a plain white shirt and jeans, his favourite cap covering his head. He did not really show it, but deep down, he, the once strong hearted Youngbae, had become as unstable inside as outside.

----------

"Hyung!!!" Seungri was the first one to greet Youngbae with a big hug. "I am happy you are here, hyung. I missed you!"

Youngbae only chuckled and patted the maknae's back.  "Me too, me too." While embracing him, he looked over his shoulder and saw the beautiful villa in front of him. It was white and kind of luxurious, surrounded by various flowers and trees. Mr. and Mrs. Kang were obviously hobby gardeners and they had taken good care of everything.

"Yah, let him breath!" Jiyong interrupted,

"What's wrong with hugging? I haven't seen Youngbae hyung for so long.", the maknae clarified.

"Hugging is not the same as squeezing, did you already know?"

"Hey, enough you two.", Seunghyun said laughing while walking towards them to the frontdoor. He faced the now released Youngbae and gave him a smile. "Youngbae, what's up?"

"Hyung." , Bae smiled and hugged him friendly. He felt a warm feeling that was reaching his heart, he felt joy and comfort.

"Let's go inside and eat, auntie Daesung has cooked a delicious meal for us.", Seunghyun grinned sheepishly, causing everyone to laugh. He led them inside the house. Surprisingly, the furnishings were not even that special, in fact, they were quite normal, Youngbae thought. It seemed like the Kangs had spent so much money for the garden that there had not been much left for anything else.

"Hyung, you came." Daesung, who was wearing an apron, greeted Youngbae with a simple yet sincere smile before continuing to prepare the dining table which could be found in the terrace. "Just sit down already, I am finished soon. Seungri-ah ! I need help here!"

Youngbae loved how the Han-river could be seen from the terrace. He put his hand on the railing and felt the soft wind carressing his face, not really noticing the hectic behind his back. Closing his eyes, he even heard the water soughing and it felt so good that Youngbae wondered why he hadn't noticed before how beautiful the nature was. He felt like he had been blind all this time. But sometimes, you start to notice things when you realize they can be gone soon.

Youngbae did not want to leave.

"Told you you would like it."

He turned his head only to see Jiyong standing next to him, hands on the railing while his eyes were fixed on the view in front of them. He was swaying back and forth with his feet. "Let's buy a house like this,too one day."

Youngbae smiled. He looked at his lover's profile.

Had those eyes cried a lot when he was away? Had those lips called his name often? It pained him so much to think about how much he had hurt Jiyong and it hurt even more to know that he still did. But then again, the beautiful view in front of them, and the other beautiful view in front of Youngbae, somehow encouraged him to fight for this life, fight for Jiyong. Actually Youngbae was not fearing death itself. However, he did not want to leave nothing but a broken heart and tears. He wanted to fulfill his boyfriend's life with everything he had ever wished for. If he wanted a house just like this one, he wanted to buy it for him, he wanted to replace every scar with a kiss and take him to every place he wanted. The sudden desire to live the rest of his life for the man next to him was like medicine for Youngbae and he was determined to overcome the sickness that was eating him from inside.

Jiyong shifted his look when he felt a warm hand on top of his own. He smiled when Youngbae interwined their fingers on the railing. Their eyes met for a brief second before maknae called them for dinner.

----------

"Wow, Daesung, I am impressed! Have you really cooked all if this?", Jiyong asked surprised when he examined the delicous food on the table. After all, none of them was really known for being a good cook. "You will be a good housewife in the future." , he added teasingly.

"Aniyo," , Daesung laughed while putting some appetizers on his plate, "My mum prepared everything. I just kind of heated it up."

"It's okay auntie, you don't have to be shy about your housewife qualities.", Seunghyun remarked, making everybody laugh again.

"Hyung, that's really not it!"

"Can we start eating now? I am starving!", the maknae complained.

"Yeah, he is right, let's eat well!"

They were eating and continuing to tease Daesung who swore that the food was made by his mum and not by him, making Youngbae laugh every time. It felt so great to be complete again, to joke and fool around again like they were teenagers. He had learned how to appreciate these things now and he made a mental note to make sure they would meet up more often in the future.

Also, he was happy when he saw Jiyong eating from almost every dish on the table. It seemed that his appetite had come back magically while being with their friends and Youngbae was actually glad about it. He wanted him to gain the weight back he had lost because of him.

On the other hand, it was Jiyong would always put some extra dishes on his lover's plate.

"Here, try this. It's really good." 

Youngbae actually found this to be adorable.

"Thanks."

"Hyung, try this,too!", the maknae said and offered a piece of grilled meat.

"Seungri-ah, stop feeding my boyfriend with your leftovers."

"Don't be jealous hyung! I just share my food with you, that's all."

"Why would I be jealous? I just think it's enough if I do it for him."

"You are so obvious, Jiyong.", Seunghyun remarked and grinned while sipping  from his beloved red wine.

"Actually, I can eat myself, you know." Youngbae chuckled, "I may be sick, but not that much." , he added smiling, but the joke made everyone stop chewing.

Silence.

"I..I didn't... I mean, don't misunderstand me,hyung."

"Yah, don't worry about it.", Youngbae reassured him and ate the grilled meat he had offered him happily in order to show him that everything was alright. Jiyong bit his lip, cursing himself for being so careless with his words. However, after seeing Youngbae's smile, they went on eating like nothing happened.

----------

The five friends were sitting at the table even after having finished their meals long ago. Their stomachs were already hurting from eating and laughing too much when Jiyong reminded Youngbae to take his medicine. He had almost of forgotten it.

"I will get you a cup of water." , Jiyong said and was about to stand up when his boyfriend held him back.

"It's fine, baby. I will get it myself."

With the pills in one hand, Youngbae made his way to the kitchen, humming a song. He reached for a cup in the upper cupboards but then suddenly felt dizzy.

He put his palm on his sweaty forehead and closed his eyes, trying to support his body that was swaying left and right.

"I probably stood up too fast."

----------

The night had finally reached the sky above the villa and the couple and their three friends were sitting on the fluffy cushions on the terrace, looking up at the stars. Each person was lost in his own thoughts for a while.

Jiyong was sitting between Youngbae's legs, his back leaning on his lover's chest while his waist was embraced by him.

Youngbae took advantage of the situation as the other tree were busy looking at the stars. He placed light kisses on Jiyong's left cheek every now and then, nuzzling his nose in the crook of his neck and breathing the familiar scent. He was breathing his air.

"Bae, it tickles.", Jiyong giggled when he felt hot breath on his skin. Nevertheless, he leaned even closer to his chest, enjoying the warmness of his body. Their position was so comfortable that it was hard for him not to think about going further with Youngbae that night. Much further. But they had to be patient.

----------

"Good night everyone!"

"Good night, hyungs!"

"Sleep well!"

They were about to go to bed, saying good night to each other and mentally drifting off to sleep already since it was late at night.

"Let's go, babe. I am tired.", Jiyong yawned and pulled at Youngbae's arm. However, the latter had something to say as he cleared his thoat before everyone could go to their rooms.

The four friends looked at him expectantly.

"I wanted to say something. I...I really had much fun with you guys tonight. Maybe it was because we haven't been together for such a long time, but I really felt...alive while hanging out with you. Despite all the trouble I have caused, you have stood by me and I want to..thank you for that. Thank you for not leaving my side. Thank you for making me forget what is wandering inside of my body. I never had the chance to say that to you before, but I really love you guys..."

"Hyung."

"Youngbae.."

He felt his eyes getting watery, but nevertheless smiled. At least he had finally been able to express his gratitude towards them. And eventhough he knew that words were not enough, he would make sure to pay them back everything once this life had fully accepted him again. He squeezed Jiyong's hand and looked at him, who smiled back while whiping tears that were escaping from his eyes.

----------

"Bae?" Jiyong knocked on the bathroom door. "Hey, are you finished? What is taking you so long?"

"Ji.."

"Youngbae?"

"I...I..."

His lover's voice sounded odd. Jiyong's heart skipped a beat.

"Ba-baby, open the door please!", Jiyong yelled, violently trying to open the door but it was locked.  

Just then, the door got opened and the next thing Jiyong knew was that his lover fell towards his chest, panting heavily.

"YOUNGBAE!"

----------

 

A/N: I am sorry for the late update! :( I was so busy with school...

I tried to make it up to you with a chapter that is a bit longer, I hope you will enjoy it ...! :')

The next chapter will probably be the final, btw! :)