Chapter 3 - You're Beautiful

Night after Night

The next morning. (Or afternoon?)

Jiyong woke up to familiar sounds that were reaching his ear, causing him to change the comortable position he was lying in: stomach on the mattress, both hands hugging his huge extra-pillow he could not sleep without. He did not open his eyet yet. It had been so long since he had a nice long sleep without being haunted by insomnia and strange dreams. He had to enjoy this.

The melody that was playing had reached his head by now and it was clinging itself to one of Jiyong's endless memories of his 24 years of life. (A/N: I wanted them to be a bit younger :) )  While listening to it for longer, he actually registered that the melody was a song. But from where did he know that voice? Okay, it was a male singer. The instrumental was rather slow and the lyrics ....were  about love? Jiyong listened well, moving his head a bit so he could hear better.

"Now that I have finally found you, I won't ever let you go.~" 

That song!

"From now on, it's just me and you livng in our world.~"

He remembered.

It was their song. His and Youngbae's song. It was the song that was playing when they had their first date in that little cafe of Daesung's sister, when they had looked at each other shyly, when their love was still young and fresh and when they both had changed each others life by saying 'I love you'.

Jiyong smiled.

"Good morning."

He finally opened his eyes only to see Youngbae sitting on the edge of the bed, next to where he was lying. His lover was holding the small kitchen radio in his hands and grinned down at him. Jiyong chuckeled.

"Still as cheesy as always."

Youngbae laughed at this, biting his lower lip in embarassment. He put the small radio on the nightstand and leaned down in order to kiss his boyfriend's forehead.

"I missed music somehow. In the hospital, it was rare that I could listen to some new songs since you have to be quiet and stuff. So when I the radio, this song was on and...I thought you would like to hear it, too."

"It has been so long since I have last heard it."

"Same here." Youngbae looked down on his hands, smiling. He was playing with his rings again, a habit that he would probably never get rid of. It seemed like he was lost in the sweet past for a moment.

Meanwhile, Jiyong just stared at his lover. The facial expressions, his tone of voice, his eyesmile and those plump lips that were moving beautifully whenever Bae would talk or kiss him. He did not see any difference. Yes, even now that he was thinner, paler and probably not as pysically strong as before, he managed to make Jiyong's heart beat fast just like the very first time he had felt butterflies in his stomach when looking at him. Some things would never change and one of them was the fact that Jiyong was deeply in love with this man - no matter in which state he was.

'We are trying our best.'

He quickly shoved those words away that were appearing in his head so often. Nevertheless, they had reminded Jiyong of something Youngbae necessarily needed: social interaction.

So Jiyong sat up slowly, catching Youngbae's attention.

"Just sleep some longer, baby. You need this, since you have been at the hospital every day the past weeks."  , Bae instructed, feeling guilty. He was about to put the blanket over his boy again when the latter stopped him by touching his hand.

"No, listen.", he began smiling , "I have something on my mind for today. Let's meet the guys and have some fun, it will be good for both of us."

"Hyung, Daesungie and Seungri? Ah, do they even have time? Maknae said they were kinda busy these days, I mean..." Another habit of Youngbae: 'overthinking'.

Before he could finish though, Jiyong hushed him with a peck. "Oh come on Bae, they will have time for you! They missed you,too, remember? "

"Yeah, me, too but..."

"No buts." He pecked his lips, whispering against them, "We will have fun." 

"Okay then." Youngbae smiled. Why not? He needed this. Life constists of time. Living well means, spending your time with good things. Yes, he needed this definitely because his time was maybe limited.

----------

Jiyong, after having taken a shower looked at himself in the mirror.

He had gotten thinner. Even with Youngbae being sick, he was still slimmer than him and he had not really noticed it until now.

"I look like I am going to break apart soon.", he mumbled to himself while shaking his head.

Meeting Park Yura had made him doubt on his current appearance. That beautiful girl with nice curves had spent so much time with his boyfriend that he wondered if the latter was missing that sight now because Jiyong, to be honest, had not really taken care of himself the during the last months. He had not eaten much or properly, he hadn't styled his hair nor had he been shopping for new clothes. When Youngbae had left, Jiyong's esteem for all those things went with him. He had not cared for anything back then as his own nightmare had already been enough to deal with.

However, today, he wanted to change that. He wanted to look good again and please Youngbae's eyes. 

----------

"Ji? Are you in there?" Youngbae knocked on the door to the bathroom.

"Yeah, just a second babe~"

"What are you doing there? Is everything alright?"

"Hold on~"

Youngbae chuckled. Was he changing?  "It's not like I haven't seen all of you already.."

Just then, the door got opened, revealing Jiyong who was dressed in black skinny jeans and a loose print-shirt. Only a few accessoires completed his outfit as he did not want to overdo it with all the bling- bling. His long brown bangs were hanging on his forehead, carefully so they did not hide Jiyong's eyes which he had tried to emphasize with some guy-liner. He was not one hundred percent satisfied with his styling, but at least it was something different, he thought.

He smiled at the stunned Youngbae.

"Wow,you..look like some star."

Jiyong laughed. "Pabo, you're exaggerating! That's just something for you eyes." He winked playfully.

"Oh. Oh,I see..." Youngbae nodded, smiling weakly. "Well, you look great, baby. But you did not have to do that for me...I like you in any state."

"You sound odd...what's wrong, Bae?"

Youngbae eyed his lover from head to toe,locking his gaze with his. There was something in Bae's eyes, something Jiyong could not read. On the one hand, there was love, affection while on the other hand, there was something like sadness.

Ji was confused. He had expected another kind of reaction from his boyfriend. Had he done something wrong?

"It's nothing. I am just.. you amaze me every time.", Youngbae answered and smiled.

"You can't lie to me. I sense that there is something wrong.", Jiyong askes concerned.

Youngbae sighed. "It's just..when I look at you being beautiful like this, I cannot picture myself with someone like you. The way I am right now...I feel like a stone that is laying next to a diamond, I feel like...you deserve better."

Jiyong wanted to punch himself so hard right now.

He had not thought about the possibility that he could lower Youngbae's self-esteem by dressing up like this. He had wanted to show himself from his best side for him but ended up being selfish again. 'I am such an idiot.', Jiyong thought. Damn and that was how he was going to make Youngbae happy?

He had to fix this first.

"What are you talking about?", Jiyong said frowning and cupped his lovers face. "Look at me."

At first, Youngbae hesitated, but then gave in.

"Do you know what I am seeing?" Jiyong trailed his look all over that handsome face while its cheeks. "I am seeing the most beautiful man on earth. I am seeing a man who is gorgeous in all ways possible, inside as well as outside." His eyes landed on Youngbae's mouth and he his thumb over it, loving those plump lips. "This man...is making my heart flutter and I wonder...why he has not heard it yet." Jiyong connected his smiling lips with Youngbae's.

"Jiyong..I.." The latters arms found their way around that slim waist and his eyes looked into those guy-lined ones.

"It's okay. Get ready..okay?", Jiyong smiled lovingly.

"Yes."

----------

A/N: Omo, this chapter has become so cheesy hahah, I am sorry if I overdid :') I hope you still enjoy this, thank you for all your comments! ♥