Chapter 2 - Face To Face

Night after Night

That girl.

"Hello...uhm, Jiyong right? My name is Yura. Park Yura. Do you..remember me?"

Of course he remembered her.

Jiyong was stunned. Out of all the people he had expected to see behind that door, she was the last person he could have imagined. She was that girl. She was the person Youngbae had pretended to be with to make Jiyong forget him. She was that girl he had seen with his boyfriend one week after their seperation. She was that girl that he had hated and yet envied so much, that girl that he thought had taken Youngbae away from him - and yet she was that girl that had led him back to him again when he had rushed to the hospital.

"He is in room 88. Go to him. He missed you."

Jiyong was totally perplex.

"If..if it's inconvenient right now I can leave! No problem..just.."

"I remember you.", he finally said.

Park Yura was looking at her feet for a moment. The situation was awkward as hell, but it would have happened anyway. If not that day, then another. And somehow, it was a good thing that it happened now. Now, that Youngbae was still there. Living. Jiyong did not even want to imagine how it would have been if they had to do this face-to-face thing in the deepest state of his sorrow. He wouldn't be able to handle that.

"I feel like there is a lot to be explained...If you don't mind, may I come in? I promise it won't take long." Yura looked at him almost pleading. She looked like a puppy and Jiyong was not sure if she was doing it on purpose or not. Thinking that he had to get this over quickly, he nodded and stepped aside to let her in.

"Thanks."

They both made their way to the living room and Jiyong dryly told her to take a seat while he went to change his clothes. All the excitement had made him forget about the fact he was only wearing sweatpants and a tanktop. When he came back to take a seat on the couch across her, he was able to take a closer look at her and as a result, he started to feel uncomfortable since she was indeed a pretty girl. She had long brown hair, long legs and a good figure. Any guy would fall for her and Jiyong tried to restrain the jealousy that rose inside of him when he thought about how she had comforted and helped Youngbae through everything, not leaving his side for a second just like he was doing now.

"So uhm..Youngbae is not here?" She was the first one to break the ice.

"He is sleeping."

"Oh, I see.. It must feel good to be at home again.", she said smiling, "With the person he loves."

"I hope so."

"It's true, believe me.. When..when you two..I mean, he was talking about you all the time. Wherever we went, whatever we did...it would always be : Oh, Jiyong likes this too, and Jiyong would love this and so on..Youngbae really loves you. I have seen it in his eyes."

Jiyong had to admit the he felt flattered by this and a part of him wanted to rush to their bedroom and give his boyfriend a long and sweet kiss. However, the pain was also strong.That time, he had thought that Youngbae had forgotten him completely. He had though that the whole world was against him. And hearing 'wherever we went' and 'whatever we did' was not really to his liking either. Did they spent so much time together?

"I see. You two must be close since he is telling you such things."

"No, Jiyong, it is really not like that." It seemed like his tone was slightly off because she looked a bit anxious now. "I mean, it is not what you think. It's true, I have know Youngbae for quite a while, but we have never been more than friends."

"From where do you know him then?"

Yura folded her hands in her lap, glancing at her slim fingers. "We met at an audition for a dancing contest. It was..I think five years ago? Because both of us had failed, we comforted each other a bit and ended up being good friends. Through him, I got to know my ex-boyfriend, too. But we broke up a year after. It was really a tough time."

Five years ago..that was when they were not a couple yet, still Jiyong knew he had had a crush on Youngbae for a while and vise versa but that pabo was too shy to ask him out. He unintentionally smiled at that sweet memory.

"Youngbae and I lost each other when I moved to another town. We wrote e-mails from time to time but since I was busy, I could not reply often. I came back to work in Seoul five months ago...and we coincidently met each other in a cafe. He told me about you...and he told me about his bad condition...That was when he asked me that favor.." Yura sighed heavily. "I had to do it, Jiyong. I owe him so much, even now. And trust me, I have never wanted to cause any harm! I just... I wanted to help him out.. and I still want to! I am as concerned about as you..Although it's you who has felt the most pain.. I came here to apologize, Jiyong-ah. I am really sorry for what happened, but I hope that you will understand me after this." 

Jiyong saw her eyes getting watery and that was when he felt tears in his eyes,too. He held them back with force as any sign of weakness was forbidden for him from now on. He had to be strong. He had to be strong for his Youngbae, his one and only love.

They sat there silently for a while, each of them being lost in their own thoughts. It seemed like Yura was getting uneasy. She kept staring at Jiygong expectantly from time to time. But she did not get an answer.

"Jiyong, you..you must hate me, I know, but..."

"What are you apologizing for?" He looked at her directly. "What sense would it make if I would hate you? Yes, it hurt me to see you with Youngbae.I was jealous. I was mad. It was killing me. But then again, it was you who stood by him when he was weak. It was you who comforted him all this time and it was again you who gave him strength. You did everything that I should have done for him. So..in a sense..", his voice slightly cracked but he tried his best to hold back for a little longer. It would be over soon. "In a sense..you took the lover role from me. That is it. You did not more, not less. You...just tried to help him and even if I cannot forget the past...I had been selfish enough. I cannot forbid him to see his close friend. I don't have the right." With that, he wiped his teary eyes and sat back on the couch with his hand on his face. That was tough, but it was over. 

Seconds later, he felt her gentle hand on his shoulder. "Jiyong...Youngbae is so lucky to have you. You are a very strong person. I admire you.", Yura whispered before she left without any other word.

----------

"Hm...Jiyong is that you?" , Youngbae asked without opening his eyes. He still felt tired and this comfortable bed seemed to love him and he loved it,too. The most! - After Jiyong of course.

"Who else, you pabo? Just sleep some more." Jiyong shifted towards Youngbae, leaning on his chest. This day had been exhausting. He was tired, mentally as well as physically. It had been long since he had slept with his lover like this. It had been long since he had slept properly at all.

Youngbae put his arm around that slim waist, blindly kissing the top of Jiyong's head. "I love you."

"Bae?"

"Hm?"

Jiyong nuzzled his nose under Youngbae's chin, kissing it softly on the way. "I love you,too."

"Oh god, you have to stop kissing me like that or I will have to do something, Jiyong.", Youngbae whined, making Jiyong giggle.

"Like I would...Good night."

"Good night, baby."