Chapter 1 : Bestfriend. The most painful word you knew.

Just a Best ( Girl ? ) Friend

 

     Making your way back home , you were overjoyed to leave school earlier than usual. You didn’t have so much school work today like you usually have. The other positive thing about leaving school early is that you would save your heart for breaking again.
You see , you have this famous and handsome best friend classmate and seatmate that even you don’t know how you two became friends. He just passed a note to you one day saying he wanted to befriend you. You just said yes , not wanting to be rude or anything he might think of you. You thought It’ll only be that way but you soon enough found yourself falling for him. Not because he’s handsome , popular or whatsoever but because of his personality. He’s really nice, innocent and bubbly. Even though he knows he’s popular , handsome and all .. He’s not big-headed. He doesn’t accept fan gifts since he thinks that It’s unfair for his fans. Yes , he have fans. That’s how popular he is. Sometimes , you’d wish he’s not handsome or popular at all so he can only be with you. But that’s life. You knew even If he’s not the way he is now , he’ll never be with you. He has a girlfriend. Her name is Dara. She’s pretty , popular and really nice too. She’s like Kevin’s girl version, you’re out-of-reach-beloved best friend.

     You got your door key in your bag pack as you’re walking through the hallway of a building on the way on your apartment. As soona s you got in front of the door , you held the key in your hands and inserted it in the door knob. The door opened and you threw your bag pack at the couch on the living room. You headed to the bathroom in your bedroom and took a bath. You’ve let the coldness of the shower took away your loneliness. You’ve gone out of the bathroom with your cute rabbit pajamas on. You made your way to your bed and tucked yourself in the covers. You reached up at the cabinet beside your bed to get your phone. You wanted to message kevin good night. You held your phone in your hands as you’re trying to think of an excuse of why you left school early without telling him. He’d sometimes walk you to your apartment when Dara didn’t go to school to make sure you’re safe of any harm. That’s one of the reason you fell for him. You pushed the virtual keypad on the screen of your phone.

“Kevin-ah , Sorry for leaving early at school earlier. I’ve had something urgent to do. You had fun walking Dara unni walking home , right ? Good night. Sleep well. 

– ( your name )
Message sent. 9 : 41 PM.

     It’s 12:51 now. You waited for him to reply but since you got nothing , you tucked your phone under your pillow as you curse yourself why did you have to wait for his reply for 3 hours and 10 minutes. You knew he wouldn’t and you now knew too you’ll be late for school tomorrow.

You closed your eyes as you’re counting sheeps in your head as you’re trying to get away from the painful thoughts in your head.

You soon enough found yourself fast asleep , holding the blue teddy bear Kevin had bought for you on your birthday last month.