Partners in Crime

Mail me your Love ( on hiatus )

 

The doorbell rung bright and early on Sunday morning and awoken the residents within. The entire household was half-asleep in that one bedroom, which had to be the closest to the doorbell.

"Yah, Woohyun, go get it," a husky voice murmured, twisting himself around as if it would help block out the sound. 

The older boy pouted and refused to move. "Who cares. Whoever the person is, I'm sure he'll leave us alone sooner or later." he snuggled into his pillow, preparing himself for another hour of sleep. 

But of course, with the luck of 22 year old Woohyun, that wasn't happening anytime soon.

If there was a time where he could despise his best friend, it would be now. "Blast it, hyung." he angrily sat up and ruffled his hair in frustration. Why, oh why, did Dongwoo have to watch that horror movie? Woohyun wanted to cry, honestly. He could still remember that particular night, two weeks back.

He had been asked - no, wait, more like forced to stay up until 10pm, so that he could open the door for his best friend. He had not been surprised when it was way past the given time and there was still no sign of him. It was when it was early next day, did a loud knock interrupted Woohyun's half-mental state of mind. He yanked the door open and was shocked to see a sobbing Dongwoo.

"He got frightened before the movie even started." a calm voice spoke up. Woohyun, who had been shooting his friend a 'you-have-got-to-be-kidding-me' look, blinked in surprise.

"Who are you?" he said bluntly, scratching his head at the sight of Dongwoo's arm over the guy's shoulder.

The man cleared his throat uncomfortably and managed to give Woohyun a small grin. "I'm Howon, Dongwoo hyung's friend." 

Now, it was Woohyun's turn to look uncomfortable. "Oh, um, would you like to come in for some tea?" he offered, awkwardly stepping back to allow the other to come in. 

"Tea, at this time?" Howon chuckled, which instantly released some tension. Nevertheless, he stepped inside with Dongwoo in tow, despite his earlier question.

Woohyun eased up enough to send a small smirk at the man. "At least it's not coffee."

"I know someone who would drink 3 cups of coffee in the middle of the night." he replied with a laugh.

The two started chatting as if that awkwardness never happened. Unknowningly, they both had forgotten about a certain crybaby.

"Hyunnieeee. I need to go to the bathroom." Dongwoo whined, having kept quiet all this time.

"What? Why are you telling me this? Just go like you usually do." Woohyun waved him off, frowning at his friend's weirdness.

Howon cleared his throat, successfully gaining the attention of the clueless man. "Uh, he's asking you to take him to the bathroom."

Woohyun's eyes widened and he shook his head quickly. "What?! No way, man."

"B-But the g-grudge is in there," Dongwoo whimpered and started jumping up and down.

The latter eyed him skeptically, raising an eyebrow at Howon. "What is he doing?"

"Um, I think that's the dance they do when they're busting to go." he answered, nodding wisely.

"Oh, makes sense," Woohyun shrugged uncaringly. Until the truth of it hit him, hard.

"WAIT, WHAT? YOU MEAN HE'S GOING TO PEE RIGHT HERE AND NOW IF I DON'T TAKE HIM TO THE DAMN TOILET?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

It was safe to say that Woohyun had been absolutely paranoid about letting Dongwoo near horror movies. Even now, he and his other bestfriend, Myungsoo, would be forced to sleep in the older boy's room. 

Woohyun sat there for a full minute, debating whether he should go open the front door. He would love to just sit there, daydreaming about his future lovelife, because he, Nam Woohyun, had never been in love. However, it was simply not an option because he was terrified of being socked in the face by a bamboo pillow if he didn't do as the younger said.

Woohyun reluctantly pulled himself up and stumbled towards the window. He opened the blinds quite widely, hoping it would disturb the sleep of the things he called friends. However, his plan immediately backfired as the glare of the sunlight poured in. 

"Arrrgh! My eyes are burning!!" Woohyun blindly tripped over his own feet. He face palmed into the window, as he took another problematic step. "How could this day get any worser?" he groaned while caressing his bruised cheek.

As if the Heavens had heard him, his eyes fell upon a figure who had just stepped out from under his veranda. Oh god, Woohyun's eyes went as round as saucers. "W-What the hell. Is that a outside my door?!" he yelled out and pounded at the window.

"YAH! Get off my lawn, you dirty little -" Woohyun cut off mid-sentence and clamped his hands over his mouth. 

He held his breath as he saw figure turn around. It wasn't the fact that the man was wearing a black hoodie that scared him, it was that suspicious black bag that gave him the shivers. Please, oh please, leave me- er, us alone.

"Nam Woohyun, I suggest you to get the door before I throw you out the window." Myungsoo grumbled, clearly not in the mood to be woken up at this time. 

Woohyun felt a shiver go down his spine. "B-But Myung, there's s-somebody out there."

"There will be two somebodies out there, in a moment."

"So cruel." Woohyun pouted and stalked out of the room, completely forgetting the issue outside.

That is, until the doorbell rung again.

"Why won't you leave us alone?" he wailed to no one in particular.

In a fit, he made his way to the bathroom, ignoring the constant ring of the doorbell. Woohyun brushed his teeth rather slowly, dragging his toothbrush repeatedly over his pearly white teeth. At the very least, he wanted to look presentable in front of strangers, even thought they could be rapists or people with strange black bags. After a while, the doorbell stopped abruptly and caused a slight panic to rise at the pit of Woohyun's stomach. He quickly rinsed out his mouth and ran towards the front door, still in his favourite bunny pajamas and slippers.

Woohtun stopped half-way and eyed the entrance with doubt for a few precious seconds. In the end, he gave in and cautiously made his way to the front door. Woohyun stood up on his toes and peered out of the eyehole. There was nobody there.

Woohyun ran outside, only to be able to catch a glimpse of the figure. It was a different person. He had orangish-caramel hair that shone brightly in the sunlight. Woohyun's jaw dropped as he examined the situation.

That man from before and that man with beautiful glowing hair.

Woohyun's eyes widened but he shook his head, unable to accept the thought.

I know now, Woohyun swallowed, they can't have any other relation than this.

"Yes, those two are . . . partners in crime."

- - - 

the first chapter is up. please comment and tell me what you think. orz. i hope you'll like it. Until then. o/