Songs and Biscotti

Make it Rain

This is a relatively boring/serious last chapter. Sorry no comedy. But thanks for reading everyone <3<3

-

“Hyung!” Woohyun wandered through the front door of Sunggyu’s house and spotted the older man in his natural habitat: lying down on the couch, with one hand down a bag of chips, chewing like a goat, with his eyes focused on the television screen. “Guess what I have right here?” Woohyun patted his upper thigh.

“Uh…” Sunggyu glanced at the stripper for a moment as he chewed. “Child bearing hips?”

“Yeah—wait what? No!”

“Yeah you’re right. You’re too skinny for that.” Sunggyu nodded, refocusing his attention on the TV.

“No.” Woohyun sighed as he scooted Sunggyu’s legs aside to make room on the couch. He pulled a folded piece of paper from his front pocket, and unfolded it. “It’s this.”

Sunggyu studied the paper.

“It’s for an open mic night at the bar next to this one stripper joint that Myungsoo’s friend works at.” Woohyun explained.

“Oh…” Sunggyu appeared unenthused and rather uncomfortable.

Woohyun remained in high spirits however, and pulled out a small notepad from his back pocket. “I even made a list of possible songs you can sing!”

Sunggyu eyed him skeptically. “As long as there’s no Justin Bieber, One Direction, or girl groups…”

Woohyun frowned, and started scribbling some stuff off. “Well, that’s fine. There’s still—.”

“And no Psy either.”

Woohyun suddenly flung the notepad behind him. “Well, we can discuss the song choice later.”

“I…I don’t know.” Sunggyu sighed, “I haven’t performed in front of people for so long…”

“What about me?” Woohyun pouted. “You sing for me all the time!”

“Yeah.” Sunggyu smiled softly. “But that’s…”

“No buts!” Woohyun announced. “You’re going to do this! I already signed you up for it. You’ll perform and everyone will cheer wildly and fall in love with you—oh wait maybe this isn’t such a good idea.” He gasped. “I don’t want to share you! But I still want people to see how amazing you are…” He bit his lip, clearly troubled over his current dilemma.

Sunggyu merely chuckled and patted the younger on the head.

“Ok, I’ll do it.”

Woohyun’s eyes lit up in an instant. “You will?”

“Yeah…but on one condition.”

“Anything!” Woohyun nodded.

Sunggyu reached out and gripped onto Woohyun’s hand. “You have to be there for the performance.”

“Hyung,” Woohyun was practically beaming at that point. “I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

$$

“You guys have to be extremely quiet when Gyu hyung comes out.” Woohyun instructed as he took a seat next to Hoya, Myungsoo, and his boyfriend, Sungyeol at the bar.

“Yeah, we know.” Hoya sighed.

“And when he finishes we have to cheer really loud, ok?”

“We know hyung.” Sungyeol took a sip of beer as Myungsoo creepily stared at him.

“He’s really nervous, so we have to support him!” Woohyun commanded.

“I think you’re more nervous than he is.” Hoya snorted.

Woohyun grinned sheepishly. “I’m just excited. I know he’s going to be amazing.”

They turned their attention to the small stage at the other side of the bar when a man with a mic stepped on the stage.

“Welcome to our Open Mic night! We have a lot of great artists lined up that show real promise, so everyone give them some love ok?” At that there was calm, polite applause since it was still early and everyone was fairly sober. “First is…” He scanned his note card for a moment and then announced the name of someone who wasn’t Sunggyu. Woohyun waited rather impatiently, tapping his foot, and sighing loudly whenever the MC announced the name of the next performer.

“Jeez just relax.” Sungyeol laughed.

“What if they make him perform last?” Woohyun frowned. “Then it’ll—.”

“And next we have local high school teacher, Kim Sunggyu!” The MC announced, and Woohyun immediately gasped.

“It’s him guys!” He gripped onto Sungyeol and Myungsoo’s shirts. “Shh! No shut up and watch.” Sungyeol and Myungsoo exchanged annoyed sighs, while Hoya merely grinned. “He looks so good.” Woohyun smiled proudly. He and Sunggyu had gone shopping the day before and got Sunggyu’s hair styled up for the performance. Sunggyu even put eyeliner on.

Sunggyu nervously walked out, squinting because the light from the spotlight was rather blinding. He sat down at the bar stool set up in front of the mic stand, and peered into the crowd, resting his guitar in his lap. He spotted Woohyun near the bar purposely waving cutely at him and sending him a thumbs up and it made him smile. He took in a deep breath as the song started. No one seemed to be paying much attention at the start, but as the song went on, more and more people’s attention was gravitated towards Sunggyu’s melodic voice.

By the time he hit the high note at the end, people were whooping and whistling and some were even standing up to applaud.

Sunggyu didn’t notice since he had his eyes closed for practically the whole performance. Only when he finished the last note, and looked up, did he realize the hot response he had received. He smiled shyly and stood up to bow.

“Thank you.” He said through the mic, instinctively glancing to the bar for Woohyun. But he wasn’t there. He could only see Hoya, Sungyeol, and Myungsoo smiling and cheering.

Sunggyu hopped off the stage as the next performer began their song.

“Hey.” He grinned as he approached Hoya and the others.”

“You were pretty good.” Hoya remarked, giving his friend a pat on the shoulder.

“Thanks.” Sunggyu smiled, somewhat distractedly. “Where’d Woohyun go?”

“He said he had to leave.” Sungyeol answered, shrugging.

“Leave?” Sunggyu frowned. “Did he say why?”

“He just left like a minute ago.” Myungsoo explained. “Maybe you could catch up to him if you—.” Sunggyu didn’t bother to hear the rest of what the younger man was saying and rushed out of the bar.

$$

The moment he stepped out of the bar, Sunggyu spotted the back of a figure and hastily rushed towards him. “Woohyun—!”

“What do you want?!”

Sunggyu froze. “…B-Badger?”

“Yes it’s me.” The Badger man frowned.

“What’re you doing here?!” Sunggyu gasped.

“What do you mean? I do other things besides hanging around your house and creeping out the neighborhood kids! I have a life too you know?” The Badger went on, folding his arms and shooting Sunggyu a disappointed look.

“Oh, sorry…” Sunggyu blinked. “So…you were at the strip club?”

“No actually I was just at the bar.” The Badger shrugged. “Saw your performance. You’re pretty good.”

Sunggyu tilted his head slightly. “Uh, thanks?”

“Yeah…but where’s that kid from before?” The Badger looked around curiously. “I kind of wanted to see him again.”

Sunggyu sighed. “I don’t know. He just ran off…I’m looking for him right now.”

“Oh?” The Badger smirked. “How about I help you look for him?”

“You would do that?” Sunggyu stared at him like he was a magical unicorn sent from heaven. “Thanks!” He gripped onto the Badger’s glove covered hand. “That’ll be a great help!”

“Sure, but…” The Badger snorted. “If I find him first, I’m not telling you and I’m going to take him away.”

“Ok, great! Thanks for your help!” Sunggyu called as he was already walking off in the opposite direction. The Badger could only wonder if Sunggyu had actually heard him, or if he was just plain stupid.

$$

“Damn it…Woohyun pick up.” Sunggyu grumbled, anxiously attempting another text to Woohyun. Fortunately he had heard the Badger’s last words, and was desperately trying to find Woohyun first. “Woohyun!” He called out, scanning the dark city street as he wandered around, becoming more worried with each step. “Woohyun, where are you? Just Woohyun—?!”

“…Don’t call me that.”

He turned around to see Woohyun standing there, hands in his pockets, wearing sunglasses.

“Yah, where were you?!” Sunggyu shouted, angrily stomping towards the stripper.

“Sorry—.” Woohyun paused when Sunggyu pulled him into a warm tight embrace.

“I was worried dummy.” Sunggyu murmured.

“Sorry…” Woohyun mumbled, his arms hanging limply at his sides, instead of returning the hug.

“What happened?” Sunggyu pulled away, studying the other’s face. “Why did you just leave like that? And why are you wearing sunglasses at night?” He reached out to pull them off, when Woohyun hastily backed away.

“N-No reason!” Woohyun stammered. “I just felt like it ok?”

“Don’t lie to me.” Sunggyu frowned.

Woohyun didn’t say anything and lowered his head. “I’m…not.”

“I don’t understand. Did something happen?” Sunggyu asked. “Was my performance that bad or—?”

“No!” Woohyun instantly looked up. “It was amazing!”

“Then what’s wrong?”

Woohyun peeled off his sunglasses, gaze cast downwards. He opened his mouth to say something, but instead laughed bitterly. “I’m an idiot, that’s what.”

Sunggyu could see the rims of Woohyun’s eyes were red, and his nose was slightly pink. “Were you crying?” He cupped Woohyun’s cheek worriedly. “What happened?”

“It’s nothing…its stupid.” Woohyun muttered. He met Sunggyu’s gaze hesitantly. “I’m sorry. This night was supposed to be about you. A-About you making your dreams come true…” Woohyun’s lower lip trembled. “I-I’m sorry. I just…”

“What?” Sunggyu urged him to continue, holding onto Woohyun’s hand. “You just what?”

“When I saw you up there…” Woohyun mumbled. “Everyone’s eyes were on you…” He smiled sadly as he looked into Sunggyu’s eyes. “You were shining.”

Sunggyu blushed slightly. “I-I wasn’t that great…”

“You were already far away from me. You’re a teacher…I’m just a stripper.” Woohyun looked down. “It made me scared…that with this, you’re getting even farther away. You’re slipping away, and I…” Woohyun smiled weakly. “I don’t have the right to hold onto you—.” Sunggyu’s lips were suddenly on his, cutting off his words. His eyes fluttered close, as he reached out, clutching onto the edges of Sunggyu’s leather jacket. Sunggyu’s slightly cold hands were holding his cheeks, as they broke off the kiss. “Hyung w-what was that?” Woohyun stammered. “I…I was in the middle of saying something—.”

“Because you needed to shut up.” Sunggyu retorted. “You were saying some pretty dumb stuff, and I really wanted to shut you up.”

“Dumb?” Woohyun frowned. “What was dumb about it? I seriously feel—.”

“You act like my suit cases are packed and I’m ready to leave the country at any chance I can get.” Sunggyu sighed. “Seriously you weren’t kidding about the high maintenance thing. You’re such a drama queen.”

Woohyun was fuming at that point. “You! Can’t you even understand what I’m trying to say?! I’m a loser stuck in a crappy job, and I’m scared I’m going to lose the one good thing I have left! A-And you’re just making fun of me—!” Suddenly his back was pushed against the wall of whatever building they were standing outside of. Sunggyu grabbed his wrists, pinning them to the wall and was looking intently into Woohyun’s eyes. “What’re you doing?” Woohyun furrowed his brows. “I—!”

“What do you want?” Sunggyu interrupted.

“…Huh?”

“What’s the thing you want to really be doing?” Sunggyu’s expression softened. “What’s your dream?”

Woohyun merely stared at him for a moment, the dim streetlights and moonlight, only illuminating a portion of Sunggyu’s face. He kept his mouth shut however, and merely looked down.

“Yah…” Sunggyu leaned closer, wrapping his arms around Woohyun’s neck, and his head softly. “I’ll support you ok? Just like you did for me.”

Woohyun could only close his eyes to keep the tears from forming as he clutched onto Sunggyu’s back, fingers gripping on to the folds of his jacket.

“Y-You will?” He murmured, shakily.

Sunggyu smiled, tightening his hold securely on the younger man. But suddenly, he gasped and pulled away from Woohyun.

“I-It’s the badger!” Sunggyu was pointing behind Woohyun.

“Huh?” Woohyun pouted, still upset at the interruption. He turned and only then realized what Sunggyu had said. “Holy shiatsu!” He squealed in a rather unmanly way and grabbed for Sunggyu’s arm. “D-Don’t let him take me away Gyu!” He whimpered softly, burying his face into Sunggyu’s shoulder, as he gripped onto the elder’s arm. When he heard Sunggyu chuckle, he immediately blushed and pulled away. “I-I mean…” He cleared his throat, attempting to regain at least one ounce of his manly pride. “I-I’ll protect you hyung—!”

“Actually it was a false alarm.” Sunggyu grinned. “I thought I saw the Badger, but I saw wrong.”

Woohyun stared at him in disbelief. “Oh…I-I mean I totally could have taken him. Without your help.”

Sunggyu was still smiling however, wondering how a stripper could be so cute.

$$

“I finally decided what I want to do hyung.” Woohyun grinned, as he plopped down on the sofa beside Sunggyu.

“Hm?” Sunggyu grunted, mouth occupied with munching on some crunchy chocolate biscotti.

“You asked me before what my dream was right?” Woohyun continued. “And actually…when I was little I wanted to be a soccer player.”

“A soccer player?” Sunggyu blinked, swallowing, and reaching for a glass of milk off the coffee table.

“Yeah, but I had to give up on that dream because well…its impossible now.” Woohyun shrugged. “But I found out that there’s one other thing I want to do.”

“What’s that?”

“I…I want to be a celebrity chef!” Woohyun exclaimed, nervously waiting for Sunggyu’s reaction.

“…What?” Sunggyu blinked. “You mean like have your own cooking show?”

“Y-Yeah…?” Woohyun rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. “Is it dumb?”

“No.” Sunggyu smiled softly.” It’s not dumb at all. Ah, I’ll make sure to watch your show everyday.”

Woohyun grinned slightly. “It’s not going to air everyday hyung. Only at primetime on select weekdays!”

“Ok, I’ll watch it when it comes on.” Sunggyu chuckled.

“So I decided to enroll in culinary school.” Woohyun explained. “You know to learn a few more things…”

“That’s great.” Sunggyu patted his knee encouragingly. “I’m proud of you.”

Woohyun merely stared at him for a moment. “Y-You are?”

“Yeah, of course. Why wouldn’t I be?” Sunggyu grinned.

“It’s just…” Woohyun laughed quietly, looking down. “I’m not used to people being proud of me…I mean who would be proud of a stripper—.”

“Yah, why do you keep saying that? A stripper is still a job! It’s better than stealing.” Sunggyu frowned, getting really tired of Woohyun’s self-deprecating talk. “And besides I never thought your job was shameful or anything, so stop thinking that ok? In fact I don’t care what you do…well ok that’s a lie. I don’t really like the whole stripping for other men thing…”

Woohyun frowned. “But you don’t mind if it’s with women?”

“Oh come on.” Sunggyu sighed. “You and I both know that all men are erts.”

“What?” Woohyun chuckled. “They’re actually not that bad—.”

“They won’t be satisfied with just looking!” Sunggyu continued, ignoring Woohyun. “They’ll want to touch you too! I mean in all honesty, you can’t say they never tried to touch you, can you?”

“Well…” Woohyun shrugged, remembering about his female stalker. “The women are just as bad—.”

“Men are worse.” Sunggyu nodded as if he had already made up his mind about it, but Woohyun just laughed. “Why? You don’t believe me?” Sunggyu pouted, pointing a finger at the younger. “Then should I prove it to you?”

Woohyun’s laughter faded to an awkward chuckle. “…What?” Suddenly Sunggyu leaned forward, his lips ghosting Woohyun’s skin.

“Strip for me.” Sunggyu breathed hotly in his ear, making Woohyun shudder slightly. “And I’ll prove it to you.”