Bananas and Strippers

Make it Rain

I'm not sure if you guys are familair with the term 'make it rain' It's a pretty common stripper term. Like when you toss your money in the air for the strippers or something. Its from a song. Idk. Google it if you really care. Also this is clearly not my best work, but oh well. I was bored. (It'll be 4 chapters) Thanks for subscribing <3

-

“Just stay where you are and don’t try anything funny and nobody gets hurt!”

Oh, hell no, this was not happening right now.

Sunggyu sighed, as the lady next to him trembled in fear, desperately clutching on to her baby boy.

“Please don’t hurt my son!” She cried. “He’s just a baby! I have a family!”

Sunggyu, being the amazingly amazing son he was, decided to visit his mother at her house, since he had been granted a week’s vacation from work. He and his mother didn’t live too far away from each other, but Sunggyu’s teaching job kept him busy enough that he didn’t have time to visit her.

So, when there was a school break, instead of going off to Jeju Island and spending time with gorgeous women at the beach, he decided to visit home. He was patting himself on the back for his good deed, thinking he was going to receive something great for his honorable actions. But what did he get instead?

He got held up at the grocery store his mother sent him to, to buy bananas. When her one and only son came home just to see her, Mrs. Kim sends him off to the market to buy bananas. Bananas.

And if that wasn’t bad enough, the bananas weren’t even for her. They were for Sunggyu’s older sister.

“Why can’t she go out and buy her own damn bananas?” Sunggyu had asked.

But his mother waved him off, saying you need fruit to poop, and his sister had been having constipation, and blah, blah, blah.

So anyways, Sunggyu had to go all the way to the market. But not just any market. It had to be the one that was a whole hour away from his mother’s house. Because apparently the fruit there was the freshest, or whatever.

Sunggyu was already in a bad mood, and then this complete idiot decided to screw his day up even more and create a scene at the cash register. He had on a ski mask, and was shakily aiming a gun.

“J-Just take all the money!” The feeble boy working the register begged.

“I don’t want your money brat! Now shut up, or the old lady gets canned!” He pointed his gun at an ahjumma holding a basket full of raw ginger.

“Oh please no!” The ahjumma pleaded. “I have a grandson!”

Sunggyu heard sobs from the rather large man behind him, who was apparently frightened for his life. He turned to see the man’s pants wet. He had peed himself.

Sunggyu made a face. This was getting ridiculous. He really didn’t have time for this . Time to talk his way out of this.

“Ok, look.” He sighed, garnering everyone’s attention. “What do you want? I have stuff to do, so I can’t stand here all day, with a gun down my throat.”

“You!” The masked man roared. “Do you want the ahjumma to die?!”

“What’s your name?” Sunggyu sighed, unperturbed.

“…What?”

Your name.” Sunggyu spoke slower this time. “You know that thing your parents gave you?”

“J-Junsu…” The man mumbled.

“Ok, Junsu-sshi?” Sunggyu clasped his hands together. “What is it that you want? Since you obviously don’t want money since you’re holding up a grocery store and not a bank.”

“Uh, well…” Junsu looked away, his gun still raised high in the air. “I-I…”

“Is it food?” Sunggyu asked, attempting to remain patient.

“Y-Yes…”

“Ok, what food is it? This nice man,” Sunggyu gestured to the feeble cashier. “Will help you find whatever you need.”

“Mm…b-but I already checked and there were none left…” Junsu murmured.

“None left of what?”

“…Bananas.”

$$

“Mom, you’ll never guess what happened at the grocery store!” Sunggyu burst through the front door.

“Did you get the bananas?” His mother asked, from the kitchen.

“No, but—.”

“Why didn’t you get the bananas?”

“Mom, there was—.”

“Sunggyu, I asked you to do one thing.” Mrs. Kim sighed. “Oh forget it.”

Sunggyu was really regretting not hopping on that plane to Jeju Island. He could have been up to his ears in tasty food and ies by now.

“Here.” His mother handed him a basket. “Take this to your sister’s.”

“What’s this?” Sunggyu lifted back the basket’s flap, only to get his hand slapped away.

“Its some snacks I prepared for her wedding. I want her to try them, and choose which one she likes best.”

“Fine.” Sunggyu sighed, realizing he didn’t have a choice.

$$

Sunggyu parked his car in the driveway of his sister’s house. As he approached the suburban abode, he heard squeals from inside and noticed quite a few cars around.

Is she having a party?” He wondered, trying to remember if his mother mentioned anything about a party. He knocked at the door, and one of his sister’s friends answered.

Sunggyu bowed nervously. “I’m here to deliver a package—.”

“Ah, you must be the entertainment!” The girl shrieked and dragged Sunggyu inside.

“W-What?” Sunggyu stammered. “Entertainment?”

He was pulled into the living room, which was decorated with hot pink streamers, and there were peculiar shaped objects lying around. They kind of looked like—.

“Ok everyone! The strippers are here!” The girl announced, and Sunggyu turned to her in shock.

“What?!” He gasped.

“Why is there only one?!” One of the girls sitting on the couch complained.

“He’s too cute to be a stripper!”

“Yeah where’re his muscles?”

“I’m not a stripper!” Sunggyu blurted out. “What’s going on here—?”

“I heard the strippers are here!” He saw his sister dance in from the kitchen, cradling a wine glass. “Let’s party—ew, that’s not a stripper! That’s my little brother!”

“I knew he looked familiar…” The girl who had dragged him into the house in the first place, blinked dumbly.

“Noona, what’s going on here?” Sunggyu frowned.

“What does it look like? It’s my bachelorette party.”

“But…I thought mom didn’t want you to have one of those.”

“Yeah, that’s why I didn’t tell her.” She replied, putting an arm around him. Sunggyu made a face, because she smelled strongly of alcohol. “Don’t tell either, ok?”

“Not like she listens to me anyways.” He muttered.

Suddenly there was a knocking at the front door, and all the girls collectively squealed.

“What’s going on?” Sunggyu looked around. “What’s—?” He turned as a group of men in police outfits stormed in.

“You’re under arrest!” The guy leading the others announced, aiming a baton at them. But then he suddenly smirked, and removed his hat. “For being y~” And then some dance music started playing, and the guys all ripped off their shirts in synch, causing the girls to go wild.

Sunggyu’s jaw dropped as the men started doing this odd ing dance, while removing their clothing. It was the most horrifying thing he had ever seen.

Suddenly he was being grabbed from behind and dragged to the couch.

“Yah, what—?”

“Sunggyu-yah gets the first !” His sister, out of all people, announced.

“Lap—what? No!” Sunggyu panicked, but there were girls on either side of him, holding him down. Damn, since when were these woman so strong?

And for the second time that day, he found himself having to talk his way out of a bad situation.

A rather young looking shirtless guy, was approaching him. Sunggyu unintentionally looked him up and down, and had to admit he was quite attractive. He was biting his lip, and seemed somewhat…nervous? Sunggyu couldn’t help but find it y. He quickly shook the thought away. These people were just supposed to give other normal people that impression. That was all. It wasn’t like he actually found a man y.

He cleared his throat. “You….” He attempted his best authoritative tone that he occasionally used on his students. “What’s your name?”

The man stopped, right in front of Sunggyu. “…Huh?”

Sunggyu looked up at him with a teacher like, disappointed look, as the ladies released him. “Your name kid.”

“Uh…Officer y—?”

“Your real name!” Sunggyu huffed, standing up, causing the man to take a step back.

“Uh…Woohyun. Nam Woohyun.”

“Ok, Woohyun-sshi. How old are you?”

“…What? I—.”

“Why are you asking him those questions? You’re ruining the fun!” His sister complained.

“Because this is totally messed up!” Sunggyu exclaimed dramatically, and then turned to point at Woohyun. “Look at this guy! He looks like he’s my age! You hired a guy, the same age as your baby brother to do lewd acts to you! Do you see how wrong that is?!”

There was a pregnant pause in the room.

“Uh…I didn’t think about that…” Sunggyu’s sister murmured, shamefully.

“Yes, I’m sure you didn’t think about how you’re taking advantage of this…this child!” Sunggyu jabbed a finger in Woohyun’s direction. Ok, maybe the child thing was pushing it, but he was on a roll, and he didn’t want to stop now. “And you!” He turned to Woohyun. “Why are you even doing this?” He gestured to the rest of the strippers as well. “You’re all young and bright. Don’t waste your life on something as crappy as this! You’re all better than this!” All eyes on the room were on him now, and he felt he could finally give the inspiring speech he always wanted to give to his students. He strolled up to one of the strippers an extremely handsome faced fellow.

“What’s your name kid?”

“Me?” The man blinked. “L…no, it’s Myungsoo.”

“Myungsoo-sshi….what’s your dream Myungsoo-sshi?” Sunggyu asked, thoroughly believing he was Ghandi reincarnated.

“Uh…well I always liked photography.”

“Photography? Then what’s stopping you? Grab your camera and go on a journey! See the world! Capture the stars! Dream, young man!”

“Ok!” Myungsoo was already running out the door. Woohyun and all the rest of the strippers, as well as Sunggyu’s sister and her friends merely stared.

A few seconds passed, and Myungsoo sheepishly walked back in.

“Uh…actually, we all kind of came together, so I can’t really leave without them.”

Sunggyu’s sister sighed, turning to her brother. “Well thanks for totally ruining my party.”

$$

Sunggyu’s sister shot him another dirty look, as she threw a shaped bar of chocolate—one of the party favors—at him. She barely missed his head, as he ducked down.

“I’m sorry noona.” Sunggyu frowned, sitting on the couch in the now empty living room. “But it was your own fault for forcing that stripper on me! That male stripper!”

His sister opened to respond, but decided she was too angry at him to bother, and instead stalked off into her room.

Sunggyu merely rolled his eyes, and did a rather immature mocking of his sister’s angry face, before kicking the chocolate.

“Um…excuse me?” He looked up to see the stripper, who was going to give him a before, standing in the door way.

“You…”

“Woohyun.” The man supplied, with a charming smile.

“Ah right…” Sunggyu nodded. “Woohyun-sshi—.”

“Just Woohyun is ok.”

“Ok, just Woohyun,” Sunggyu snorted. “Did you need something, or…?”

“Ah, I was just wondering if you still wanted that —.”

“N-NO!” Sunggyu couldn’t help the flush in his cheeks.

Woohyun chuckled. “Relax, I was just kidding.” Suddenly he seemed to get shy, as he rubbed the back of his neck. Sunggyu didn’t know why, but he found it kind of endearing. A stripper getting embarrassed. It wasn’t a sight one saw often.

“Actually…” Woohyun admitted. “It was about what you said before...”

Sunggyu smiled to himself. Well at least he had inspired someone with his amazing speech.

“It was total bull.”

Sunggyu’s smile immediately faded.

“What?” He stood up, ready to defend his inspirational lecture that—in his mind—could have moved mountains. “Listen here you—.”

“You don’t know us.” Woohyun muttered, staring the taller man down. “Don’t just make assumptions about our lifestyle. You have no idea why we chose this job. Or…” He looked away. “Whether it was a choice at all.”

Sunggyu was speechless, and certainly wasn’t expecting to be told off. He also knew it wasn’t appropriate to be staring at Woohyun’s chest at the moment. But really. Would it have been so hard to put a shirt on? The view was very distracting.

Oh , he’s still talking!” Sunggyu realized he hadn’t been listening to what Woohyun was saying. Then Woohyun stopped talking, and was staring at Sunggyu as if waiting for an answer. “Crap, he wants me to answer…what was he saying?”  He bit his lip. “Just say something.”

“So?” Woohyun pressed, seemingly impatient.

“Um…” Sunggyu searched the other man’s face as if trying to find clues as to what he just said. But alas he couldn’t find any. So he did the next best thing. Or rather the only other thing he could think of. He grabbed the chocolate bar off the floor and it in Woohyun’s face. “Want a ?!”

Woohyun merely blinked. “Um…what?”

“I-It’s a chocolate!” Sunggyu blurted out. “Not a real ! It just looks like a . A shiny pink . Does it seem like I’m saying a lot? I should really stop saying , shouldn’t I?”

Sunggyu slapped a hand over his mouth, to shut him self up. Woohyun was just staring at him with an unreadable expression.

“I…I think I should just leave…” Woohyun had a troubled, almost frightened look on his face, as he edged towards the door.

“Wait, don’t you want the ?!” Sunggyu followed after him with the chocolate.

“No, that’s ok!” Woohyun nodded, uneasily. “You can keep it.”

“No, I don’t want it! You take it!” Sunggyu stuffed it right in his face.

“I-I don’t want it!” Woohyun backed away from the offending object.

“Just take it!” Sunggyu demanded, grabbing the other into a headlock.

“I said I don’t want it!” Woohyun cried out, attempting to pull Sunggyu’s arms away from his neck.

“Just eat the damn !” Sunggyu was practically shoving the thing in Woohyun’s mouth, causing the younger to choke on the foil wrapped chocolate.

Suddenly Sunggyu’s sister walked back in and they both froze in place.

“Is that…the chocolate?” She asked pointing to the item that Sunggyu was currently attempting to shove in Woohyun’s mouth.

“Uh…Yes?”

There was an awkward silence as both men and Sunggyu’s sister engaged in a staring contest.

“Well ok then.” Was all she said, before leaving.

Sunggyu immediately let Woohyun go, when he realized the ual implications of what he was just doing to the other man.

“Sorry.” He felt bad, seeing as how he had roughly handled Woohyun.

“Sorry?” Woohyun turned to him with a glare, wiping his own saliva off his lips with his wrist. “You shoved a…a weird shaped chocolate with the wrapper still on, down my throat, and all you have to say is sorry?!”

Sunggyu knew how to handle this. It was the same as when one of his students would get angry or get in a fight with another student. He reached out and petted Woohyun on the head, definitely taking the latter off guard.

“W-What are you doing?”

“I’m sorry.” Sunggyu sent an unintentionally killer smile at the poor unsuspecting stripper. “Forgive me ok?”

Woohyun stared at him, mouth hanging open.

Sunggyu pouted. It still wasn’t working. Usually by now, the other party would be saying everything’s ok, and be all happy and forgiving. But Woohyun wasn’t saying anything.

Time for phase two.

He wrapped his arms around Woohyun and pulled him in for a hug. But Woohyun was like an ice sculpture, refusing to budge an inch and silent as ever.

“I’m sorry just Woohyun. Please forgive me~” Sunggyu was even using aegyo now. He couldn’t even believe this was happening. Why wasn’t it working?

Suddenly Woohyun pulled away and dashed out of the house.

Sunggyu sighed, “Oh well…” He thought. Not like he was ever going to see him again anyways.

$$

Woohyun ran all the way back to the small loft where he lived, and slammed the door behind him. He sunk down onto the floor in the entrance way, clutching his chest.

“Why…why is my heart beating like this?” He murmured.

“Maybe it’s because you ran?” He looked up to see his housemate and fellow stripper, Myungsoo standing there, in sweats, eyeing him.

“No, that’s not it.” Woohyun casually waved him off. “Myungsoo …I think I’m in love.”

“With who?” Myungsoo tilted his head.

“That guy at the bachelorette party…”

“Ah, that guy who told me to follow my dreams?” Myungsoo nodded. “He seemed nice.”

“Nice? He…he didn’t seem nice at all.” Woohyun murmured.

“Huh? Then why do you like him?”

Woohyun looked up in a panic. “I don’t know.”

Myungsoo merely returned the stare, more confused than ever.

“I guess the heart wants…” Woohyun put a hand to his chest dramatically. “What the heart wants!”

“So what’re you going to do?”

“About what?” Woohyun blinked.

There was a pause, as Myungsoo’s eyes went blank.

“I…don’t remember.”

“Oh.” Woohyun frowned.

“I’m hungry.”

“Me too.”