Him

Child's Play

 

   My fears have always gotten the best of me. I wish someone could take my hand and walk me through the dark tunnels of hatred that seem to have no end. But I don't want to drag anyone down with me I guess this is why I rather live in solitude, I'm used to it anyways. I thought these feelings would never change but then I met him.
  With a bright smile that illuminated everybody's world he entered through the classroom door. Filled with joy he created a world where no boundaries existed. A place where no one was alone  where everyone belonged, and that terrified me.
   Everyone surrounded him. Everybody wanted to sit with him. To talk to him, and I hated him. I hated him because in a matter of minutes he achieved everything I ever wanted. I hated him because I couldn't let my self be a part of the world he created. 
  I can still clearly remember the day he first talked to me. I was sitting under the big linden tree by the old rusted playground; well what was left of it anyways. I was enjoying the warm mud summer breeze and the smell of the blossoming tree with eyes closed. I felt at peace there "I'm free from myself here," I thought out loud, and I heard a chuckle. I furrowed my eyebrows trying to figure out when I had started chuckling like that, then I realized something, that chuckle didn't come from me. Panic filled my mind and my closed eyes fluttered open and there he was standing a few feet away with a playful smirk plastered on his face. I jumped to my feet catching a huge amount of breath  I apologized and tried to run away.
  I didn't even get three steps away from him when his hand had a good hold of my wrist. "Oh crap he's going to through me in the trash can," I thought as I shut my eyes tightly waiting for the connection between my feet and the ground to disappear, but it never did. "Don't tell me he's going to beat me down to where I'm embracing the floor, should've never looked at him in the eyes I've probably made him mad with my presence. " I thought to my self already feeling the tears threatening to run down my face as I looked down at my feet. 
  " Now why on earth would you want to run away from yourself?!? I on the other hand want to get to know you better. Lets  be friends..."
  "No I don't want to... Let go now please you shouldn't get involved with me they'll hate you too. Royals shouldn't be with Uglies." I said in a whisper scared that I gotten him mad.  
  Then I felt the grip he had on on my wrist loosen as he let out a heavy sigh. I didn't care about that though all  I did was run and hide...that's all I ever did anyways. I saw him chasing after me though I ran faster though, after all I was used to running away.
   Hiding under the table in the corner of the deserted library I tried to subside my sobbing, I had made him angry. That's the only reason why'd he'd chase after me right? The rest must've found out by now too! Things were going to get worse again weren't they?!? The tears kept on spilling when I heard the pit-pat of shoes and the screeching sound of the chair in front of be being dragged to the side. I put my hand over my mouth to shut my self up and covered my face with my hair. Things always got worse when they knew I was crying.
   There he was again giving me a saddened expression he looked like a homeless puppy. He held his hand out and caressed my tear stain cheek as he lifted my chin up in order for my to directly look at him in the eyes. The moved my hand away from my face apologizing, " I'm sorry for scaring you I just wanted to get to know you, but I guess I was just being a brute...it's  just that I-I got excited since I'd never seen you look you so relaxed before." He held his hand out and signaled me to come out from under the table.  Taking his hand I crawled out from under the desk feeling it was a trap. I was expecting cold dirty water being dropped on my head once I was up on my feet, but nothing happened and I sighed with relief. 
   He gave me another sad smile and formally introduced himself,  " I'm Kim Jonghyun, let's be friends." Holding his hand out for me to shake, I turned around and left. I wasn't going to be tricked once again into a fake friendship especially not by someone who was to good for me to even look at. I'd be best if he didn't get involved with me either. I don't want to raise my hopes up for nothing.   
 
~FLASHBACK~
 " I was only pretending to be your friend thanks to you I won twenty dollars. You wouldn't expect for someone like you to actually become friends with me. Just look at the vast difference I would get made fun of for hanging out with someone so ugly... We definitely would want that now would we."  She said after two months of spending afternoons together eating ice-cream and playing in the park together. 
  I stood there for a minute before smiling sadly towards her and said, " you really are a good actress  hope you enjoy your twenty dollars. Goodbye." I turned around and left.
~END OF FLASHBACK~
 
   No I don't want to go through that once again. I thought myself and kept on walking not once turning around.
 
" You and I are going to be friends even if its the last thing I do _____!!!!" Jonghyun screamed out after me.