Child's Play

Child's Play

   "____ I really like this girl at school, and today I-I asked her to be m-my girlfriend, and she said...she said YES!!! Can you believe it?!?", my ten year old brother told me with a cheeky smile. At that moment I couldn't help, but smile and congratulate him but as he left the room to tell our mother the great news my tears began to stain my face.

   It had been such a long time since these images tormented my memories. I couldn't help, but feel jealous at his success. We had both been in the same grade when love came knocking at our door, but the outcome for him had been much more pleasant than mine.

FLASHBACK 

"Umm... I really...re-really ...like you," I said through my blushing face berly wanting to look up into those eyes that had captivated me for such a long time. 

"Eww are you serious. That's disgusting!!! What in hell did I do to deserve such a punishment from the heavens!!! Have you not seen yourself close enough in a mirror to notice how you and poop are practically twins?!? Did you think I was being nice to you just so you could hand me your stupid feelings?!? No you never changing duck!!!"

Tears blurred my vision, but my guilt took over me and with a smile I told him, "Yeah I you're right I'm sorry..."

He put his hands on my shoulders and for a brief instant I thought he was going to tell me it was all a joke and that he too felt butterflies in his stomach everytime we were together, but he pushed me into the mud. "This is where you belong you freak of nature, and since now you're dirty we're even now since you made ME feel dirty with your disgusting look of hope. Too bad yours is going to wash off and mine isn't because I'm never going to be able to forget your ugly face!!!" He said before leaving me behind feeling so guilty and hurt both physically and emotionally. " I really do belong in mud, ugly people don't get to end up with the prince" I thought to myself as my tears streamed out of my eyes. 

  Recess ended and the teacher held my hand and scolded me for being so filthy,"How can you call yourself a girl?!? When have you heard a princess rolls around in the mud, and then has the prince fall in love with her for doing so?!" 

"Don't worry about that Miss either way ugly girls can't be princesses right?!?", I  answered her with a sad smile. All she did was look at me confused, before she answered, "well I guess not, now go wash your face!!!" And wash my face I did, but before I went back to class I put my hair down to cover my face, "this way people won't hate me anymore for making them sick to their tummies" I said to myself and smiled brightly for being so smart. I had finally understood.