Budding feelings

My Virtual Girl

Soon the bell for lunch period can be heard

 
Much too soon for what Jonghyun knew was coming.
 
 
True to his prediction. As soon as the teacher left, the whole class swarmed around Jonghyun and especially Jiyeon.
 
"So! Are you like, related?" Nosy girl  number 1 asked
"No" Jiyeon replied
"Besides, the two of you, who else lives in the house?" Nosy girl number 2 asked
"Just us two! No one else" Jiyeon replied again, innocently.
 
A series gasps of shock could be heard
 
"So where do you guys sleep!!!" Nosy girl number 3 asked rather excitedly
"Oh! Me and hyunnie, we Mppppffhhh..." Suddenly Jonghyun closed Jiyeon's mouth. 
 
"We sleep in separate rooms! She is a family friend from Australia who's staying over." Jonghyun quickly did a damage control.
 
Jonghyun is increasingly worried about where this conversation is going. He is currently thinking of just grabbing Jiyeon and made a run for it. The only thing that stopped him from doing it is how it would look.
Especially in front of Yoona which convinently isn't moving from her sit right in front of Jonghyun and Taeyeon, sitting not 3 seats away from Jonghyun who also isn't budging.
 
"Are you guys like, going out?" Nosy girl number 1 asked again.
"Noooo!!" Jonghyun denied. He is at his wits end, he was about to forget everything and made a run with Jiyeon when suddenly Taeyeon stood.
 
 
"That's enough!" She said in her usual stern voice. "Leave the poor girl alone. She is new and you guys are scaring her!" Taeyeon reasoned eventhough Jiyeon doesn't look the least bit scared. On contrary, she seems to find this all too amusing.
 
"Now, move along! Before i tell miss Jihyo you guys have been harrasing the new girl" Taeyeon shooed the crowd
 
After the the students dispersed, Jonghyun is planning on finding a quite place to properly chastise Jiyeon for going to school without telling him. But to his surprise, just as he was about to stand up, he saw Taeyeon coming to him.
 
"I need to speak to you about our study schedule" Taeyeon  said to Jonghyun rather frostily
"There goes my plan for befriending her.... It was going so well this morning too...." Jonghyun moaned inside after seeing her cold attitude returned.
Taeyeon gave Jiyeon a stern look for a minute in which Jiyeon returned with a smile before she finally said to Jonghyun. "I told you before, we need to meet at least twice a week to actually make any impact, considering your level of study. I only have time on the weekends, so what time will you be free tomorrow and sunday?" 
"Uhhmmm.. Yeah, anytime after 10 is fine. Do you want me to come to yours or are you coming to mine?" Jonghyun asked sounding a more than a little nervous.
"No way in hell you meeting my parents, so i'm going to yours. Make sure you don't do anything.... improper...  while i am there" Taeyeon said in disgust before walking away
"Yeap... She definitely thinks i'm a ert" Jonghyun whinned after she left. "It's all your fault!" Jonghyun accused Jiyeon again.
"Teee heeeee, sorry" Jiyeon said, not looking the least bit sorry.
"Come on! Lets have lunch! You're supposed to show me around school, remember?" Jiyeon said pulling Jonghyun out of the class.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
When they finally got to the canteen, it was jammed pack with hungry students.
Jonghyun could hear whispers around him. Almost every eyes were on him and Jiyeon now. "I guess words travel fast around here" He said.
Trying his best to ignore all the looks he's getting, Jonghyun sat Jiyeon on one of the seat further away and told her to sit still while he battles his way for food. She nods obediently and so off he went.
 
"God, this is going to be a nightmare to get through" Jonghyun said, looking at the massive crowd in front of him all trying to grab some food
 
Just as he was about to join in, he felt a tug on his collar and the next thing he realised he's flown crashing onto the tables. 
 
Gasps of shock can be heard, some girls even screamed in horror.
 
Groaning in pain, he looks up to see Taecyeon. 
"Figures..." He mumbled.
 
"So, you think you're such a hotshot now huh? You think just because you are around a few girls, you think are all cool? Guess what? You are still a ing a loser! And after i am done with you, you will be one ed up loser" Taecyeon with as much menace he could muster
 
Jonghyun stood up casually, he always did have a weird sense of calmness. It's not like he has some secret martial skill or anything. If Taecyeon did go through with his threat, he probably willbe bashed half to death, but somehow he just don't care.
 
"Look.... I can see what you are trying to do, trying to get my attention everday... I'm sorry. But i'm just not interested.... I know you are hot and all.... But i just don't swing that way." Jonghyun replied in a mock sorry tone.
 
All around the canteen stiffled laughter could be heard, Taecyeon's face is starting to turn deep red in anger
 
"You and me... We are never going to work, so can you please just leave me alone" Jonghyun continued
 
Few students now fell on the floor into a full blown laugher hearing Jonghyun's mock rejection
 
Suddenly, Taecyeon threw a punch and it connected straight into Jonghyun's cheek. Jonghyun feel onto the floor with his cheek bleeding.
"You are dead freak! You hear me!" Taecyeon said lifting a chair preparing to smashes it into Jonghyun
 
Just as it was about to hit him, suddenly Taecyeon was flown backward by an apparent kick to the stomach. Looking at it, it was Jiyeon. Blocking Taecyeon from Jonghyun.
"Hey, stay out...." Jonghyun started to say, but it looked like Jiyeon isn't done yet.
Taecyeon has recovered from the kick, in embarrasment, he tried to slap Jiyeon on the face. She side stepped his arm and then swiftly elbowed his stomach again, right on the same spot as her earlier kick.
This time Taecyeon staggered to the back in pain. 
Seeing an opening, Jiyeon grabbed Taecyeon's arm and flip throw him, causing him to fall on the table nearby.
 
All around, silence reigns. No one could be what was happening. A skinny girl has just performed a judo finish on beastly Taecyeon. She just kicked his arse.
 
Taecyeon stumbled up "you !!!!!!" He screamed, preparing to charge Jiyeon at full speed. This time though, Jonghyun has already gotten up. He knew if Taecyeon charge Jiyeon at that speed, there is no chance she could withstand it. So he pulled her hand and hide her behind him.
 
"Hyunnie!!!!" Jiyeon screamed in protest. She tried to struggled but to no avail, Jonghyun's grip on her is stronger than she thought.
Jonghyun braced for impact when suddenly a roar could be heard in the canteen
 
"What the hell is going on here!!!!" 
 
Everyone froze on their spot. Including Taecyeon. They all knew who that voice belong to. It is Mr Kim. The PE teacher and vice principal. A famously stern and more importantly insanely strong and muscular teacher.
 
 "Taecyeon! Jonghyun! And you! The new girl! In my office! Now!" Mr Kim ordered before turning to his office. He was stopped just outside the canteen by Taeyeon. "Sir, i saw everything. I can give you a proper story if you like" she offered. After Thinking about it for a moment, mr Kim just nodded.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
 
When they finally get to office. Jonghyun, Jiyeon and Taecyeon are being properly chastised. Luckily for Jonghyun though, Taeyeon came to his rescue once again. She explained what had actually happened. Taecyeon did try earlier to spin it off to make sounds like it was all Jonghyun's fault for taunting him but after hearing Taeyeon's account of the story, Mr Kim believes her side alot more than Taecyeon who is a well known trouble maker.
 
Mr Kim decided punishment must be dealt. Taecyeon got it the worst. He is suspended for two weeks in addition to that, his parents will also be summoned to school to address behavioural problems. Taecyeon cried in protests, but after a mention of possible expulsion, he shuts his mouth permanently.
For Jonghyun, Mr Kim decided that eventhough the fight itself is not caused by him. His taunting words certainly did not help. He decided that some punishment is necessary. He will not be suspended though, much to Jonghyun's relief, but his parents will be contacted. This more due to the fact that he has a series of minor problems like being late all the time, less than desirable grades and now participating in a fight. Jonghyun wanted to argue, but his fear for Mr Kim's muscle outweighs his fear of his parents.
And finally for Jiyeon, Mr Kim decided that since this is her first offence, she will be let off with a warning that if this happens again, she will be slapped with a suspension. 
 
After being properly chastised for more than three hours, the trio plus Taeyeon finally left Mr Kim's office.
Taecyeon gave Jonghyun and Jiyeon one final glare before leaving with a grumpy huff.
 
Taeyeon was about to walk off as well when she felt an arm tugging hers.
She turned to see it was Jonghyun's
 
Jonghyun didn't know what came over him. All he knew, after he heard Taeyeon telling the story earlier in Mr Kim's office is that she had helped him, again. And that he must somehow show her that he is grateful.
So when he saw her walking off, in panic he just grab her hand without thinking.
 
Both froze at the touch...
 
Taeyeon looking at Jonghyun in shock, while Jonghyun is faring no better.
 
Jiyeon's teasing giggle brought the pair into reality. Jonghyun quickly let go of his hand. With rapidly reddening face he said. "Uh... Uhm... Thanks... For helping me... again" 
 
Jonghyun peaked and saw her nodded before turning and walked off. 
 
"Aaahhh... She must think i'm somekind of a molester, holding her hand so suddenly like that" Jonghyun said regretfully said.
"Somehow, i highly doubt that" Jiyeon smiled knowingly.
 
If only Jonghyun knew how wrong he was? Taeyeon practically ran off from Jonghyun, but it was because she couldn't contain herself. 
 
The way their hands touched and how their eyes met when he awkwardly said his gratitude.. 
She felt a foreign feeling, a feeling she never felt before.
And it made her out of breath, so she just had to get away...
 
 
~~~~~~~~~
 
 
When they finally got back to class, students are looking at Jiyeon with a new sense of awe. This girl has just KO'ed Taecyeon. A new found of envy and begrudging respect was given from even the most jelaous of the girls in class. 
 
Jonghyun on the other hand could not wait for the day to end. It was started so well this morning with Yoona smiling at him and now it all went down to hell.
 
"Yoona...." He mused
 
Jonghyun another sideway glance at Yoona and see her still wearing her unreadable frown she had on earlier. "i wonder what is going through her mind..., Jonghyun muttered
 
What is in her mind? Well, uncertainty would be the best way to describe her feelings at the moment.
 
Yoona thought the day had started the day splendidly. With him greeting her for the first time. She was happy that for once, it was Jonghyun that inniate the morning greeting, even if it's just a measly nod. She thought their 'relationship' is moving up the ladder. She was imagining how it would get alot better in the future with all the school projects they will be doing together? But it all suddenly came crashing down with the apperance of the new transfer girl.
 
Park Jiyeon
 
She is pretty, Yoona thought... and a lot more outgoing than her too. This kind of girl would not have problem making friends. And to top it all off, she dropped the bombshell that she lived with Jonghyun. Alone!.
Yoona tried her best not to form a prejudiced opinion against Jonghyun and the new girl, but it was getting harder not to. From where Yoona is sitting, she could hear clearly the pair bicker. She could tell that Jonghyun seemed to be very familiar with her, at least to the point where he could feel comfortable to scold her. 
 
She felt a pang in her heart..
 
"What is this weird feeling... " Yoona asked herself.
 
Looking back carefully, she saw Jonghyun and Jiyeon talk casually. He was trying his best to look stern and she tried her best to act pitiful. Again, she felt a pang....
 
She knew Jonghyun for almost 8 months now, and it took him that long just to give her a mere nod... And now this new girl came out of nowhere and acted so close with Jonghyun
 
like how she wanted act with him...
 
Is this jealously she felt? If it is, Yoona is completely oblivious of it. Shrugging it off, Yoona tried her best to concerntrate in class. She would do her best to ignore Jonghyun, at least for today, until she figures out her feelings
 
Jonghyun though, seeing it in a completely wrong way. He definitely fell that Yoona is ignoring her. She usually would at least turn his way once or twice or at least greets her with a smile when they happens to pass each other by. But today,.. nothing.
 
"She hates me now.....  She really does... "Jonghyun wail in sorrow.
"I have to do something. If i leave this as is, i would forever regret it. "Jonghyun decided " I am going to talk to her after school" 
 
Jonghyun knew that he wouldn't be able to properly confront Yoona with Jiyeon around, teasing him every step of the way, so he decided to write a little note to Jiyeon, telling her to go see Nana after school in the class next door and wait for him just near the school gates.
He threw the little piece of paper and after reading it for a moment, Jiyeon nodded and winked at him knowingly. 
"Yeah... I definitely wouldn't be able to talk properly with her around" Jonghyun shoke his head.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Classes soon finished and just like everybody else, Yoona is starting to pack her stuff to go home. 
 
"Yoona-shi. Can i speak with you for a moment"  suddenly Yoona her Jonghyun's voice.
She turned to see if it was really his voice. But deep inside she knew it was him. And true enough, there he was standing awkwardly next to her. 
 
There are still a couple of Yoona's girlfriends around. They started to whispers when Jonghyun came up to Yoona.
"hey girls, you can go first, i need to speak with Jonghyun-shi about our history project" Yoona smoothly excused.
Her friends nodded and left the pair alone. 
 
After they all left, both Jonghyun and Yoona couldn't look each other in the eye. 
 
..........
..........
..........
 
"Uhmmm... What is it do you want to talk to me about?" Yoona finally said after waiting for awhile for Jonghyun to say something,
 
Jonghyun is in total panic. He didn't exactly planned what about what he would say. So at the moment of action he just froze. Yoona's words seems to brings him back and so, with no other plan he could think of, he decided to go with the truth.
 
"I want to talk about Jiyeon" he said bravely.
 
In an instant, Yoona lost her courage. If there is one thing she does not want to hear, it is her.
 
"I just want to explain to you about... You know... me an her..." He continued
 
"Oh... You don't have to.... " Yoona said, in truth, she was dreading about what he would say. She feared that he would say that he is going out with Jiyeonor something along the line of that.
 
"No! I must!... I just want to tell you that.... Me and Jiyeon... We are not......." Jonghyun said almost getting enough courage to tell her what he wanted to say...
 
 
"Just kiss her already" someone said from near the door.
 
 
Both Jonghyun and Yoona turned to see a smirking Nana and giggling Jiyeon. And in that very instant. Both Jonghyun and Yoona turned red from head to toe.
 
"Wha... What are you guys doing here??!! Didn't i say to wait outside the gate?!!" Jonghyun asked in panic, trying to hide his embarassment.
"Oh did you? I must have misread the paper you gave me" Jiyeon said not sounding the least bit convincing.
 
"See you next week Jonghyun-shi.., thanks for telling me.. " Yoona said as she dashes off the class with a red face. She had a smile on her face though. She did managed to gather what he was trying to say, even if it was so vague.
 
Jonghyun on the other hand, misses this fact. As usual, he moan and whine about how Jiyeon and Nana had ruin his chances to explain what happened. And as usual too, the girls just dismisses him and teases him more.
 
 
~~~~~~~
 
 
When the trio got back to Jonghyun's place. Jonghyun forced them to clean up the house. Not that there is much to clean, after Jiyeon did a house sweep few days ago. But Jonghyun being the paranoid guy that he is, he didn't want to leave a bad impression tomorrow when the class president comes. 
He also decided that Jiyeon.... and Nana will need to have their own room, even if Nana doesn't live in his house. So he forced the girls to pick one out of the three spare room he left empty and turn it into their room.
 
"Johnny! Come here!" Suddenly Nana called him from the livingroom. Jonghyun walked into the livingroom. When he finally got there, he saw Nana pointing at the chair in front of her, asking him to sit. 
"Why?" He asked
"Just sit, will you?!" She ordered. And just like an obedient puppy, he do did exactly as he was told.
 
She took out a box that turned out to be a first aid kit.
She ten procceded to address his wound on her cheek that he got from earlier courtesy of Taecyeon's fist.
"It's nothing too bad. Just small cut" Jonghyun said dismissively
"Yeah, but it still is an open wound, if you leave it unattended it may get infected" Nana argued.
Nana moved closer to blow the wound to make it dry faster. and at that same moment Jiyeon screamed "Hyunnieeee" from her room
Jonghyun turned slightly to face Nana and saw her face is only inches away from him, complete wiith her proturding lips from blowing wind onto his wound.
 
Looking at her lips.. Jonghyun gulped loudly. And both turned away in embarassment. 
"Ji.... Jiyeon is calling me..." He said as he practically ran out of the room, stumbling along the way.
 
Nana just sat in the livingroom. "What was that....." She wondered.
"Did he just look at my lips like he wanted to...." She continued. Thinking about it, making her face turn pink.
"Nah.... I must have just imagine it" she shook her head, trying to get rid of the thought.
 
 
~~~~
 
 
After the sun has gone down and the day is coming to a close, Nana excused herself home. 
 
Jonghyun and Jiyeon elected to watch a movie before finally going to bed.
As usual, Jiyeon would insist on snuggling close to him and it seems Jonghyun is starting to get used to having her around so close. With these two, it just seems natural.
 
And when finally the movie ended, Jonghyun saw she is already sleeping. 
"She seriously has an angelic sleeping face" Jonghyun commented quitely.
Slowly, Jonghyun lifted Jiyeon up, and carry her to her bedroom. He sets her down gently on her bed and cover her with the blanket..
 
Just as he was about to turn to leave,... He heard her softly said... "Hyunnie... About school.....Sorry....." Apparently she is sleep talking.
 
Jonghyun smiles.. 
 
He gently her hair and whispered softly.
 
"Good night...."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
AN: tada!!!! This time at least he isnt sad when i ended the chapter lol. But i make no promises about the future xD Jonghyun in this story is just an awkward and unlucky guy.
 
This chapter is originally part of the previous one, but as you may have noticed by now, it would have been much too long for me to cramped them into one, hence i separated it into two.
 
I don't know if you guys have noticed or not, but the relationships are slowly building up. I have always wanted this story to have a slow and steady build up. Not unlike in real life. That is why, you didn't see 1-3 chapter fall in love kind of story.
 
Tensions (the good kind) will get stronger each time, and it will get more exciting. Well.. At least for me anyway :P and hopefully for you too my lovely readers.
 
As per usual, please review and let me know how i go so far
 
 
Cheers
 
Skattered out