I hate mondays......

My Virtual Girl

7:00 am sharp. Beep! Beep! Beep!  The loud annoying sound starts playing as the sun rises higher and higher..

 

 

 

Out of nowhere, a hand came out of the rubbish pile.....  i mean the bed

SMACK!!! ..... And just like that another $2 alarm went down,.. well.. Shattered to pieces is more like it.

"stupid bloody alarm" grumbles can be heard under the mountain of blankets.

 

Its November

Its Cold

I hate it.....

......

......

 

Suddenly a head pops out of the pile of junk..... I mean bed 

 

Meet Lee jonghyun

Our hero, he is like super hot, super y, super smart, super famous and basically like super everything....

NOT!!

 

Lets start again,

 

Meet Lee jonghyun

A scrawny boy, hair all messed up, face full of acne scars, and smelled totally like.... Well you know what im talking about.

 

Drowsily his hand reaches for a pair geeky round glasses (you know, like the one harry potter wears) on the bedside table before shoving it onto his face.

 

"Morning oppa!! Missed you while im sleeping!!" 

That is the voice of jonghyun's girlfriend.... Correction its the voice of jonghyun's VIRTUAL girlfriend.

What is virtual girlfriend you ask? 

A quick look at where jonghyun is now would explain it all. Straight out the bed onto the TV, holding a playstation controller. 

That's right folks, 

Its a video game girlfriend.

 

Lame right? And it just gets worst. Its monday morning and school doesnt start until 9. Why did he wake up so early? Its simple, his 'girlfriend' needs some quality time, otherwise her affection bar will go down.. Whatever that means...

 

Fast forward an hour later....  "Still another hour, plenty of time"

Fast forward another half hour.... "Still half an hour, i'll play a bit more"

Fast forward another ten minutes.... "Ugh.... 5 more minutes"

Fast forward another five minutes.... "Arrrgghhhh!!! I hate mondays!!!!"

 

And just like that jonghyun put on his uniform and left his apartment. (Noticed the missing shower, breakfast and toothbrushing parts?!)

By now you must be thinking, "where the eff is his effing parents, right?" 

Well here is a quick recap, jonghyun is actually a foreigner... Well technically he is korean by race and ancestry but passport wise, he is an Australian born and bred, you know, the country down under where there are koalas and kangaroos thats terrorising and eating people?. (Ok... Maybe that last bit is not entirely true, but hey, just search up youtube under koala or kangaroo attack and you might just change your opinion!)

Anyways, we're getting sidetracked here, where was i?... Right! Jonghyun!.. Yes, well just a year ago, a 16 years old jonghyun was actually a pretty happy guy. True he was still a nerd and loved his games and all, but at least back home in Australia he got his mum and dad. He ate right, sleep right and even shower regularly, and it was NOT because his mum kept him line..... Ok, maybe a little bit, but there is no chance he will admit it.

And then that cursed day came....

Jonghyun's great grandma, some old hag in korea called one morning. She decided it was a good idea for jonghyun to spend his last two years of high school in korea with her to get to know each other.

"WTF mum!!! I don't know a single thing about korea! I barely even speak the language! How am i suppose to live there??? Where do i stay?? What about my school???" Jonghyun desperately argued to no avail. His mother dismissed him uniterally "Relax.. You'll be fine. Its just until your highschool is done. You will live with your great grandma in Seoul, she will take care of you. it will just be like home"

 

..... Just like home.......

 

"Its nothing like home!!!!!" Jonghyun screamed in frustration.

A week after his arrival in korea and already he had trouble adjusting. 

The people are weird here, weather is terrible and whats up with this stupid honorific language!! Its so ridiculously complicated!

"Well, look at the bright side. At least the old ha... Er... I mean nana's (jonghyun's nickname, great grandma is such a mouthful) cooking is the best, yes... Lets be positive here, glass is half full.. Glass is half full... Glass is half full..." Jonghyun continued mumbled with the hope things will get better.

It did not....

4 months into his stay in korea his great grandma suddenly passed away. It was a quite passing the doctor said, she died in her sleep, he said. 

"89 years old, your great grandma lived a happy and full life.. In the end, she got her last wish,... spending her last moments with her great grandson" jonghyun mum said with a smile while hugging him in his nana's funeral wake. 

A drop of tear was shed... 

"Damn... That old hag...." Jonghyun mumbled as he tightened his hug

 

After the funeral, it was decided that jonghyun will have no choice but to stay in korea since he is in last year and half of his highschool, changing school again will mean learning a whole semester all over again. Jonghyun begrudgingly agreed and secretly vowed he will leave this wretched land the second he graduated

 

And here we are, 8 months later, jonghyun lost nearly 21 kg, courtesy of 2 minutes noodles 3 times a day diet. He scarred his face badly with acnes, courtesy of not washing and scratching with less than hygene nails. He added another 2 to 3 points to his glasses thanks to his late night, no light gaming marathons. 

 

One thing never change though, jonghyun still don't talk to girls... Jonghyun can't talk to girls. Since he was young, jonghyun has got a severe case of gynophobia (fear of women). He would get all sweaty and nervous around girls his age.

"Face your fear" he remembered his mum said

"Easy for her to say" jonghyun mumbled

"And stop mumbling! Girls love boys with confidence" he remembered again his mum chided

".... Whatever" he mumbled again.

 

"Who needs real girls when i got my girl at home" he mumbled again as he tried to made a dash for school.

 

20 minutes later plus a lecture from the teacher for being late, again... Jonghyun is finally in class. He sits on his usual spot, that is right at the back corner near the window. He was barely noticed even when he came in late. It was like he was invisible..

Making friends is his other problem,.. It was a problem back in Australia and its even bigger problem here when he can barely speaks the language. Piled with his appearance, awkward attitude and his horrendous smell.. It is a perfect formula for a reclusive and pariah style school living.

"And its just as well.. Who needs...." Jonghyun's musing was cut with a sudden appearance of a certain angel..

Well, its just Im Yoon Ah. One of Jonghyun's classmate, but for jonghyun, she is like an angel personified. Her grace in her steps, the way she flicks her hair, her round and pretty eyes, her bright smile, the whole deal... And to top it all.... 

Jonghyun shuffle uncomfortable as yoona moves closer to her seat, just in front of him, as she gets closer she smiles at him

 

"Anneyong" She said 

 

Yes... To top it all... She noticed him....

 

AN: hi all!!!! :D its been a year or so since i last visited this site. I just did a random a n wrote a chappy on the spot. Dunno if its good or not, im kinda rusty after all this hiatus. Anyways, no promises but i'll try to update this when sooner then last time kekeke

Enjoy!