Chapter Three

Summer Escapade

 

 

 

Posted Image




"Move a bit hyung I need to put on my pants," a muffled voice said as they sat cramped at the back of the van that would take them to another radio station. They had to do another radio interview and they only had 30 minutes to get there so they had to change inside the curtain covered van. Thank god for curtains otherwise they'd be flashing their behinds for the street people to see. He could just imagine the headlines.

"Lee Taemin's on Display"

He shuddered. No thanks. He hurriedly dressed despite the cramped place, the direction of his thoughts, freaking him out. 

"So remember, no we did not compose the song because we saw someone we all drooled about okay?" Lee Jinki, said, his gaze directed to Kim Kibum, otherwise known as Key, as he said all over again that the song was composed well because they had 'inspiration'. Unlike Key who so bluntly answered the question that was thrown at the last interview they had. 

They were in the apartment when the need to compose a song happened. Apparently some pretty girl moved on the apartment a few doors down theirs. The pretty girl had of course pretty friends. She also had hot friends who came hence when the house warming party happened they all poked their heads out (headed by Kim Jonghyun for who else had such radars for gorgeous women except for him?) and out came this really hot chick. They were on their day off so they had time to burn. 

No. They did not get invited to the party. 

Pretty girl didn't know Shinee lived in the same apartment complex that she did. Otherwise they'd be rocking the party not drooling at the hot chicks that passed by.

She was tall with legs that went on forever. 


I met her, I fell for her
I've fallen for her
First time seeing her y
She's looking at me, too
Wow, it's cold, it's cold
The ice princess has arrived
But she's still y
Wait a second, girl
A.mi.go! I go crazy looking at her
A.mi.go! I can't grasp her in my hands
A.mi.go! I take up courage, I pitch up
What do I do, what do I do?



And Amigo*, of course was born. 

"Yes Hyung. I'm sorry Hyung. It won't happen again Hyung," Key said. Onew (Lee Jinki) squinted his eyes trying to determine if Key was being sarcastic or not. Key just flashed him a grin that looked a little bit too forced.

They finally arrived at the radio station. Of course people knew they were coming so both front and back gates were filled with fans holding signs and screaming, "Oppa, oppa marry me!" or something along those lines. 

Taemin shivered. He's too young to get married. 

"Jinki is your foot okay?" their manager asked. He twisted his ankle back at the airport yesterday when they arrived from the States. Some small girl in a purple top, leggings and extremely huge sunglasses carrying a huge tote bumped into him. Thankfully though it wasn't that much of a sprain and they were mostly doing interviews the entire week. He prayed it would heal by next week for their successive mall tours otherwise he's screwed. The bosses at SME wouldn’t be too happy. 





"God hurry up Jong Mi!" Yumi knocked on the bathroom door relentlessly. You would too if you'd been waiting for more than thirty minutes. 

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I said. I can't help it if I wasn't sure which outfit would look nicer on me. We were preparing for a dinner at Shine Unnie's house. 

So I came out wearing a knee-length royal blue dress. It was kind of strappy. I don't like strappy clothes. Why did I pack this stuff again? Oh right because Unnie wanted it and we haven't gone shopping yet so yeah. 

"I thought you died in there or something. Quick let me do your make-up. We've got twenty minutes left. What the hell were you doing there? Meditating?" she said, her eyes practically disappearing. 

So when the clock struck 7:30pm we were all set to go, just waiting for Unnie to arrive so we could be on our way. 

"Guys I'm here. Let's go?" Finally she arrived.

So I slipped on ankle high boots to go with the ensemble and we went down the elevator. We would be staying in Unnie's condo on our entire stay here. I wanted to get a hotel room but she said in a voice that said 'no-arguments-and-i'm-serious', "You are staying in my place." So I shut up. I bet she just wants me to use the money to buy her clothes. 

We did reserve a room at this hotel downtown though. Thank God Unnie knew some of the owners of the place so we were able to get a refund. We were merely asked to pay reservation fees or something like that. 

Crazy unnie. But I love her nevertheless. We've been friends for too long. She was homestaying in our place like four years ago when she did her immersion thing. I have no idea what it was but I knew I had a lot of fun when she stayed over. 

We arrived at her parents’ home. It was a small bungalow located in the outskirts of the city and I saw a pretty huge (pretty and huge) yard in front of the house. The gates opened and the car glided on the pathway. The house was too pretty and quaint like it came out of a magazine. There were small lights on the pathway and it illuminated our figures as we went out of the car. I liked how the light made my skin all glow-y. 

Okay so this woman went out of the house to greet us. I knew that Unnie's parents weren't the uptight kind but I do know that this woman wasn't her mother. I've seen Auntie in pictures and she was a small woman not this robust woman standing in front of me. 

"Min Hee!" she said and immediately enveloped Unnie in a hug. Min Hee is Shine Unnie’s Korean name. 

"Ah! These must be your visitors from America," she said in Korean. Yes I understood Korean. Please. I was am obsessed with Shinee. Granted Key can speak in English but I had to at least understand what others (especially Jinki) were saying (or would say once we meet) and besides I am Korean. It is only right that I learn the language.

"Annyeong*," I greeted the woman politely, bowing my head to show respect. I pulled Yumi's hand seeing as she was just standing there so she could bow along with me.

"Ah hello, hello! You both are very pretty ladies. Come in. Come in. The masters are waiting inside the dining room for you ladies to arrive."

I blushed at the word pretty. We weren't late were we? It is 8:00pm right on the dot. So we walked the carpeted floors of the hallways adorned with paintings and mirrors. The house was Victorian. It was so beautiful. The mirrors were gilded by golden frames and the chairs looked plush and inviting. It was made of velvet by the way. 

It wasn't a long walk to the dining room and as soon as we arrived we saw a dignified man sitting at the head of the table, to his right, a pretty woman, who looked like she was in her late forties, in a sundress sat. A guy sat across from the woman but his broad back and long graceful neck was the only thing we could see from this point of view. 

Mrs. Kim, which I learned from Unnie moments ago on our way to the dining room, introduced our arrival to the group of three on the table interrupting their conversation. Unnie, on the other hand introduced us to the group. 

"Ah Min Hee you have arrived," the man said, his eyes crinkling as he smiled. This must be Unnie's dad. He looks friendly. 

Unnie's mother stood up from her chair and approached us, hugging Unnie tightly and kissing Yumi's cheeks while she took my hands and looked at me intently. 

"Oh look at you Jong Mi. Is this you? You've grown up and become such a beautiful lady too."

I covered my lips with my hands and smiled daintily. I can be dainty too you know. Can this day get any better? 

"Come Minho. Greet your sister and her friends," Mrs. Choi tapped the man whose back we could only see.

He stood turned around and in a deep voice said, "Welcome home Noona*."

He turned around and boy oh boy I felt like I hit jackpot. 

He was sizzling.

And the day got EVEN better.











*Amigo
A Shinee song

*Annyeong
Korean for Hello/Hi

*Noona
A form of address by a Korean male to an older female