Chapter Two

Summer Escapade

 

 

Posted Image


“Must you bring so much stuff Yumi? Don’t you not know the word shopping?” I asked her, my breathing coming in shallow gasps dragging with me four suitcases in one cart, three of which were my bestfriend’s. 

Unacceptable. How she sneaked in with so much luggages without me noticing was beyond me. I swear I told her we’re going shopping for clothes. We’re staying for one whole month! My legs hurt from walking plus dragging so much things with me and she wasn’t even helping at all. And I was wearing freaking heels! 

“Hey hey hey. Who asked me to come? No make that, begged me to come with her so she can watch, no waitstalk her favorite boyband all the way to Korea huh?” she asked. Well she got me there. I didn't have a good comeback so I zipped my mouth and shut up but I glared at her. 

Fine. Be that way. See if you get to be my maid of honor when I sweep Lee Jinki off his feet, that hot piece of as.s. I just hope he doesn't decide to do his body gags while he's walking down the aisle to meet me. 

Okay. I got sidetracked. I always do. Girls always get sidetracked by hot adorable asian men.

I sighed dreamily. I will get to see him in person even if it kills me. 

My back pocket started vibrating like crazy. I walked hurriedly to the side so I could answer the phone call. I forgot to put on the earphones while we were on the plane. 

“Yo,” I said in greeting without checking the caller ID.

“Jong Mi?” a feminine voice said hesitantly over the line probably why I sounded dreamy. 

“Yes. This is her. Who’s this?” I said, moving the phone so I could check who was calling me. 

“OMG Shine Unnie!!” I said enthusiastically as soon as I read her name on the LCD display. 

“I’m in the airport. Where are you guys? I don’t see you. I’m wearing a caramel jacket and boots,” I heard despite the background noise from her side of the call.

I craned my head looking for a small girl with a caramel jacket. I poked Yumi on the side seeing as she was just looking around, her head bobbing up and down as she listened to her music. 

“Hmm?” she said by way of acknowledgement. 

“Look for someone in a caramel jacket. Small girl in boots,” I said covering the phone so Shine Unnie won’t hear my description of her. I don’t think she’d appreciate being called small. 

“Unnie are you bringing a sign or something?” I asked.

“Are you crazy? Of course not. I’d look like an idiot,” she huffed. 

Great. 

It doesn’t matter if you look like an idiot Unnie. What if we don’t see each other and wait for like hours before we finally get to see each other? Besides, lots of people carry signs in the airport.

“Besides some celebrity is coming home today. Oh wait, I think it's a group. I'm not sure. And look he just arrived,” and I heard so much screaming in the background. 

Yumi tapped me, pointing to a small woman in a caramel jacket holding her phone in her hands, a beret on her head standing on the side away from the swarm of people that were screaming their heads off. 

“Nevermind Unnie. I think I see you,” I said. The fact that a celebrity arrived was on the back of my mind. I needed to get to a hotel and fast. I was sweating and my back and arms hurt from lugging all the stuff that we brought with us. I felt icky and was in no mood to stand and wait.

I halted in my steps deciding I was not gonna be pushed around just because I forced my bestfriend to come. 

“Here Yumi. You bring YOUR luggage,” I said sticking out my tongue at her. I was intent on getting to Shine Unnie that I didn’t notice a man behind me carrying a duffel bag. I heard a hiss as I suddenly bumped into him. 

“Sorry, sorry,” I said not really looking though trying to sound like I was truly apologetic. I grabbed Yumi urging her to hurry up. 

I guess it’s true what they say. Even if I’ve worshiped their faces countless of times but if I haven’t actually seen them in person I wouldn’t know. 

But at that point in time I couldn’t care less. I needed to get to a hotel and pronto! 

I immediately hugged Shine unnie as we got to where she was at. 

“Always looking good unnie,” I said. She was some fashion stylist in Korea hence she was my ticket to entertainment companies. No I’m not applying. Let’s not stray from the main point of why I am here. 

She was handling some other bands I might have heard of or something but I didn’t really care about all that. I cared about the fact that I could get inside SM Entertainment or get passes to mall tours. 


So we got to her car in one piece. I took pity on Yumi and got one of her luggage. It was extremely difficult making our way out of the airport walls because of the many fans that were camped in the area who by the way were already screaming at the top of their lungs. Apparently their idol (or idols I don’t really know) have arrived. So we pushed and shoved people out of the way. Well I pushed and shoved while Shine and Yumi followed after I cleared the pathway. 

Some friends. Letting me do all the work. I grumbled silently. 




“So, what are our plans for the whole month that we’ll be here?” Yumi asked Unnie as she fiddled with her cellphone sitting shotgun in the car. 

I’ve never liked sitting in front so she can ride shotgun for all I care. I prefer driving if I was in front. 

Unnie cleared probably noticing that my head was way up in the clouds. She knew I was dreaming and creating scenarios on how I would eventually meet Shinee. Oh she knew me so well!

“Well for starters, I’m bringing you to some shows. No Shinee though. Just some bands I’ve been handling.”

I groaned after hearing that. 

“You have such a small brain Jong Mi. It’s like your entire view is covered by those leather strap things that won’t let you care unless it has something to do with Shinee,” Yumi chided. 

I can’t help it if my head was filled with Shinee and more Shinee. I pouted. I can’t help it if I was too enamored by Ring Ding Dong and Lucifer. Even some friends of mine who didn’t understand a word of their songs appreciated it. Yes. I go around trying to promote them. And no. I don't get paid by SM to do it. I want others to love them too. More fans equals more success. Of course I want my favorite band to be successful.

The others who appreciated their song didn’t scream when Shinee came on TV or like start fanning themselves when Youtube finally loaded their videos like I did though. That would be funny seeing Romeo do that! All big and manly screeching “Shineeeee!!” but I bet Jonghyun would be happy. Another fanboy to add to the ranks though Romeo would never admit to being a fanboy. 

“Don’t worry Jong Mi. We’re going to the SM building on your second week here. I couldn’t get an appointment earlier because of their busy schedules. They’re promoting remember? So I needed to make sure they were in the building when we came.”

I smiled widely at Unnie. She's smart I tell ya. 

I looked up and their stood a huge billboard of the four men that rocked my world. I craned my neck to get a better view. I would've taken a picture except I know it'd come out all blurry so then there would be no point to that. 

There stood Jonghyun in all his glory, muscles and all. The first thing I'm doing is to touch those arms and see for myself how hard they are. I'm sorry Shin Se Kyung but please just this one time lemme touch. He looks like a friend of mine in school who by the way got freaked out because I started stalking him too. 

And Jonghyun's voice. Oh my God! Don't get me started. 

There was Key. He's so gorgeous and prettiful. I know prettiful isn't exactly a word. I don't care. It fits him to a T.

Taemin. God he's so freaking hot. He's all man now. Look at the muscles that weren't even there last year. He was so thin and so innocent looking. Now I could just disappear in a cloud of smoke from his presence.

And of course, no one can forget the adorable leader Onew. He's so handsome and dashing. People shouldn't even question why girls swoon over him. The way he smiles is just so amazing and his voice (even if he goes off key.. I'm a fan yes but I do know my husband, well future husband, has flaws) is just so indescribable. 

What? I can't help it.


I screamed and bounced all over the backseat. Ladies and gentlemen, I have gone into overdrive and spazz mode will come in five seconds.

I could see Yumi rolling her eyes. 

Whatever Yumi. If you fell in love with them, ha! That would be rich!