After the Concert: YongGuk

After the Concert

 


 

The concert had been the best night of your life. You hadn’t been as close to B.A.P (namely YongGuk) as you had wanted but it didn’t matter. Just being there with them and all the other Babyz screaming and chanting song lyrics was enough. After the concert you had had a late night dinner at a Korean restaurant not too far away and now you were looking for a place to stay. You had made the foolish decision of not booking a hotel before you came here. You had thought ‘Oh, it’ll just be a few hours in the airport, I’m sure I’ll survive’ but in reality it was midnight and your flight left at midday. Right now the thought of waiting in the airport 10 hours until check-in was appalling. Every hotel you checked was too expensive and you were so exhausted from waiting in line for seven hours and then attending the concert you couldn’t walk anymore.

You plopped down on a corner and buried your face in your hands but then you started to smile. You had just seen B.A.P Live on Earth with your own two eyes; what was there to be sad about? You grinned stupidly and started to sing B.A.P songs to yourself. You knew you probably looked crazy to passersby but you didn’t care. You might even sit here until the sun came up. Your stomach growled after a couple hours and you glared at it. How could you be hungry after stuffing your face a couple hours ago? You got up and looked around for a cheap café – all you had now was money for a taxi to the airport.

You walked into a dodgy-looking place and sat down on a worn out chair by a window. A server that looked even more exhausted than you walked up to your table and tossed a menu onto it. Without looking you ordered a white hot chocolate and the server shuffled away. You heard the door of the café open but you didn’t turn around. A guy walked past your table and sat a couple tables away. You heard the quiet voice of the other customer order a black coffee with an espresso shot and thought to yourself how disgusting that must taste. Your white hot chocolate arrived and you sipped on it carefully while you remembered scenes from the concert. You absently looked up and met eyes with the other customer. You started choking on your hot drink and none other than Bang YongGuk jumped out of his seat to pat your back. You assured him that you were fine and tried not to pass out. You weren’t sure whether or not to scream that you loved him or to just act like you didn’t know him. You decided on the latter, smiled carefully at him and thanked him.

He asked to join you and you nodded smiling to yourself that your plan had worked. He sat and the waiter brought his drink at which you couldn’t help but wrinkle your nose. He chuckled at your expression and your heart melted at his adorable smiled.

“You wanna try it?” he asked with his Korean accent.

You shook your head vigourously and he laughed.

“Do you want to try mine?” you asked, surprised that your voice was actually working.

YongGuk nodded and took a sip of your drink. He grimaced and handed it back to you.

“It’s too sweet,” he said, shaking his head.

You smiled at your differences then realized he had just drunk from your cup. You surreptitiously turned the side that he had drunk from towards you and sipped from the same place that he had. You contained your squeal but couldn’t help the smile that spread across your face.

“What is it?” YongGuk asked.

“You’re cute,” you said without thinking.

YongGuk looked surprised then blushed a little. You cleared your throat and started blushing yourself.

“You should be careful,” YongGuk said, “Don’t hit on guys in the middle of the night in shady places.”

You looked surprised and YongGuk laughed at your expression.

“Why are you all alone at this hour anyway?” he asked. “Is someone coming for you?”

You still stared a bit blankly because you had no idea his English was this good.

“I just got into this situation,” you explained. “I’m leaving here tomorrow but I don’t have anywhere to spend the night.”

YongGuk looked genuinely concerned.

“There’s no hotel that you can stay in? Are they all full?” He asked.

“Um…I don’t have enough money…” you muttered.

YongGuk looked thoughtful for a second then continued sipping on his coffee.

“Enough about me,” you said, “What are you doing here at this hour?”

“I’m a musician,” YongGuk said, “I performed tonight and I’m also leaving tomorrow.”

You nodded and continued to drink your hot chocolate. The two of you made some more pleasant small talk until you finished your drinks and the waiter began to give you the “it’s-time-to-go-if-you’re-not-buying anything-else” stare. YongGuk called for the bill and paid for both your drinks before you could say anything. You narrowed your eyes at him for paying for you and he grinned and shrugged.

“Would you like to go for a little walk around the city?” YongGuk asked. “I’ll keep you in well-lit places so don’t worry.”

You tried your best not to laugh at him trying to assure you he wasn’t a bad guy and accepted his offer.

The two of you ended up walking to a tall, beautiful building and without thinking you walked inside with YongGuk.

“Can you wait here a second?” he asked.

You nodded and watched him walk to a desk. You looked around and saw people sitting in comfortable chairs sipping on drinks. There was a gift shop too. Wait, was this a hotel lobby? YongGuk walked back over to you and handed you a card.

“This is your room key,” he told you, “Just check out tomorrow, everything’s already taken care of.”

You stared at him.

“You don’t have to! Really! This place looks too expensive for you to –”

“I can’t leave you without a place to stay,” he said, “I’d be worrying all night. I have to go now but please accept it as thanks for keeping my company tonight.”

His face, his beautiful face, was pleading with you. How could you say no?

“Fine,” you said, “but I will pay you back somehow.”

He grinned, waved at you and turned around to go.

“YongGuk?” you said.

He turned around surprised at hearing his name.

“Thank you for coming here to America. You guys are really amazing. Thank you.”

YongGuk smiled back at you.

“Thank you for treating me like a normal person,” he said.

You smiled happily and waved at him.

“Oh and don’t worry,” you added, “I don’t want you to get in trouble with other Babyz so I won’t tell anyone about this."

He smiled gratefully and turned to go then suddenly turned back around.

“What’s your name?”

You told him and he looked like he was thinking it over.

“It suits you,” YongGuk said, “It’s a beautiful name. Thank you again for tonight.”  

He waved for the last time and you watched him walk out of the hotel.

You had thought that nothing could have made this night any better but something, or rather someone had. You grinned to yourself and happily ran up to your hotel room to have sweet dreams about Bang YongGuk.


 

pic cr: flickr.com/photos/quitepeculiar/