Meet the (crazy) Best Friend

Beautiful Stranger

 

 

03. Meet the (crazy) Best Friend



 

 

Remind me not to open my big mouth when it comes to my frigging best friend so I have a high chance of outliving my grandfather?

 

God. I feel like I've just lost ten years of my precious lifetime with these stupid heels that I have to wear while my awesome best friend, Sunny, dragged me to who knows where. (Okay maybe I do know where. But.. it's not like I asked her to mind my business).

 

As you know by now that she didn't really take it well when I told her about that Junsu guy who stole my first kiss and not to mention my heart. I mean, I love my best friend and all, but she's crazy.

 

What am I supposed to do or to say when we meet him? I'm almost positive that there is a ninety-nine-point-nine percent that I will faint in embarrassment and never wake, which will be the end of the Odyssey of the Great Kim Taeyeon (Fancy, huh? In my opinion, Journey is just too plain).

 

My epitaph would be like this:

 

Here lies an angel name Kim Taeyeon.

Died in nervous breakdown known in history.

Never finished her Odyssey.

1989-2012. what a short life!

 

I flinched at my own thoughts (I definitely have to think of a better epitaph, just in case).

 

After going shopping half of the day, Sunny finally decided that I look decent enough to finally face the bastard, as she likes to call Junsu (Hey, don't blame me). Thank goodness the amount we spent (mostly her) didn't exceed my limit on my bank. I still have money to buy food. Hallelujah!

 

"As I was saying, Taeng, my connections helped me find bastard. And they said he wasn't too hard to find because of someone name Jung Jessica. Ever heard of her?" She asked, while driving.

 

Actually, the only words I remember about she just said was connections - bastard - Jung Jessica. "What do you mean you used your connections? Are you insane?"

 

You might not know, but unfortunately, Sunny and I are runaways. Unlike every other rich kid, we never liked wasting money nor using our parents wealth to do whatever we want. We worked hard to whatever we have now, thank you very much.

 

"I meant my friends!" She countered. "Satisfied?"

 

I nodded stupidly. "And stop calling him a bastard! His name is Junsu!"

 

"Junsu whatever! I asked if you know Jung Jessica?"

 

I glared at her while she just rolled her eyes on me. "No. I've never heard of her. What does she have to do with him?"

 

For a moment she didn't answer. "Well, if we find her then we find the bastard."

 

"Junsu!" I automatically countered. "And you didn't answer my question." I said.

 

She hesitates for a moment. "Just someone he knows." That's when I knew that she wasn't telling me the whole truth. "Mind telling me exactly where you're taking me?"
 

"Well, Taengoo, in your knowledge, do kidnappers ever tell the person they're kidnapping where they're taking them?" she asked as she was questioning a kid.

 

"Goodness. I'm not a kid to be kidnap, Sunny. Just tell me!" And people tell me I'm the sarcastic one in this friendship. 

 

"Nope. Not telling. This is what you get for when you hide secret from your only friend, Taeng." I made a face and she just ignored it. I turned to look at the streets we were passing by suddenly feeling all weight of guilt passing on me.

 

Truth is, I kind of understand why this best friend of mine is getting all this worried (if I may say). We've always told each other everything. And when I say everything, I really mean it. 

 

In our history of being best of friends, there was only one time when misunderstood each other. At that time, when we were still freshmen in high school, Sunny and I liked the same boy and neither of us told each other until it came to the situation we thought that was the end of friendship. After that, we promised each other that we would tell each other even the littlest things we do or we have in mind.

 

So, likely, I broke that promise.

 

"We're here!" Sunny exclaimed stopping my train of thoughts.

 

As I scanned the place, I realized we were in front of the company I work for. "What the heck are we doing in my workplace? It's my day-off! I don't want to go to work!" I complained, pouting.

 

"Oh shush! You're not going to work. The person we're looking for is here." She smiled her evil smile and it practically sent shivers down my spine. 

 

"W-What?! You mean, J-Junsu? But, I've never seen him here." I asked nervously.

 

"Pabo. Were you listening to me earlier? I meant the girl. Jung Jessica."

 

"What do you mean? She doesn't-" I couldn't finish my answer when she strode out of the car that I had to follow her.

 

"She's here, Taeyeon." Sunny said, stopping to look at the whole building and I stood next to her, still clueless.

 

And suddenly, it hit me. Did she just call me Taeyeon? Not Taengoo, not Taeng, but Taeyeon? Now, that is serious matter. She only say my name like that when she gets out-of-the-world serious about something and so I found myself staring at her blankly for the longest time.

 

She walked ahead of and muttered something under her breath in which I wish I hadn't caught at all.

 

This bastard is going to marry you Taeyeon-ah. I'm going to make him.



 

 

Ages had passed and here I am! You guys still alive? Lol. Late As late as ever~ Miss me? kids':P 

*bows* Me reaallly sawwyyy fo makin yo guys w8 fo so lonnggg.___.